Foamy urine - proteinuria or lack of water intake?

Spikeman333

Awards
For over 3 years I noticed foamy urine off and on. The first time I noticed I went to doc, did a urine sample test and found small traces of urine by nurse. So I was then sent off to have lots of kindey test:

eGFR
MICROALBUMIN/CREATININE
MICROALBUMIN, UR, QN
BUN
BUN-to-creatinine ratio
A1C
Liver Panel
Thyroid Panel
ANA Panel
CBC

This was 3 years ago. And recently had the same test done besides ANA, and all were normal again, even dipstick was normal. He said dipsticks do show false positives. The new MICROALBUMIN/CREATININE and MICROALBUMIN, UR, QN was done on 5/22/13 and again was normal. I even made appoinment with kidney doc and it seemed like he laughed me out of office when I showed him my results. He told me not to ever worry about it. Still I want to know why I still keep getting foamy urine when I dont drink water.

And all were normal. But I still notice lots of bubbles, sometimes it takes less than 2 minutes to go away. It looks foamy. I workout but only drink protein shakes 1-3 a week at most. I'm 31, good

What I noticed:

1. When I drink loads of water, I rarely see any bubbles and do not see any foamy appearance
2. I mainly see foamy appearance in morning
3. When I sit to pee, I see minimal if any bubbles or foamy appearance
4. If I hit the side of toilet I do not see anything

From what I taken, foamy urine is an early sign of kidney damage, proteinuria. However on many forums, many of the responsies to these questions are "GO SEE A DOC, IT'S PROTEIN LEAKING" but all responises are from non medical professionals.

This is what I read so far:
"Far and away, foamy urine is not associated with any abnormality of the kidneys. There are some (I am one of them) who think that the foaming is related to a high velocity of concentrated urine flow and therefore is more of a curiosity than a threat to your health." -Newell R. Falkinburg, M.D., FACP -board certified nephrologist
www[dot]en.allexperts[dot]com/q/Nephrology-975/Proteinuria-Foamy-bubbly-urine.htm

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Are you talking about the foam that appears after it hits the water in the toilet bowl? Like you pee and then there's those foamy bubbles? Hmm well I've had that my whole life never thought anything of it.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have actually sat down to pee?

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
I think you are paranoid ha...if your urine smelt very strong and looked like mt dew then that would be a different story...if you mainly notice it after your first pee when you wake up its because you are dehydrated after sleep...

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think you are paranoid ha...if your urine smelt very strong and looked like mt dew then that would be a different story...if you mainly notice it after your first pee when you wake up its because you are dehydrated after sleep...
Drastic Color changes and smell are better in-house indicators of something being wrong then the foam be present alone. Ive always have it off and on and I am sure I always will. Any bowl cleaner in your water? (random idea lol) I doubt you need to see a doc as Im sure pain or some other uncomfortable sensation will arise if you have an issue in that department.

If the topic makes ya lose sleep head on to a Lab Corp and get the work done and rechecked later on, then have the results read by a doc. Keep an accurate log of what your putting in your body and you will know for sure and should end up with a much more precise answer.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
What do you consider "loads of water"?
Still I want to know why I still keep getting foamy urine when I dont drink water.

How about you just drink water? Quit worrying about it and drink a gallon of water a day and your piss will rarely be yellow, let alone foamy.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Lol because of this stupid ****ing post I spent a bunch of money on bullshyt tests for ****ing nothing!!! Turned out the foam was being caused by the cleaner I used. Are all of you Hypochondriacs or something what the ****?!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rodefeeh Supplements 7
Supplements 1
Punkrocker Anabolics 60
Anabolics 44
Anabolics 6