Foamy urine - proteinuria or lack of water intake?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71%

Foamy urine - proteinuria or lack of water intake?

For over 3 years I noticed foamy urine off and on. The first time I noticed I went to doc, did a urine sample test and found small traces of urine by nurse. So I was then sent off to have lots of kindey test:

eGFR
    MICROALBUMIN/CREATININE
    MICROALBUMIN, UR, QN
    BUN
    BUN-to-creatinine ratio
    A1C
    Liver Panel
    Thyroid Panel
    ANA Panel
    CBC

This was 3 years ago. And recently had the same test done besides ANA, and all were normal again, even dipstick was normal. He said dipsticks do show false positives. The new MICROALBUMIN/CREATININE and MICROALBUMIN, UR, QN was done on 5/22/13 and again was normal. I even made appoinment with kidney doc and it seemed like he laughed me out of office when I showed him my results. He told me not to ever worry about it. Still I want to know why I still keep getting foamy urine when I dont drink water.

And all were normal. But I still notice lots of bubbles, sometimes it takes less than 2 minutes to go away. It looks foamy. I workout but only drink protein shakes 1-3 a week at most. I'm 31, good

What I noticed:

1. When I drink loads of water, I rarely see any bubbles and do not see any foamy appearance
    2. I mainly see foamy appearance in morning
    3. When I sit to pee, I see minimal if any bubbles or foamy appearance
    4. If I hit the side of toilet I do not see anything

From what I taken, foamy urine is an early sign of kidney damage, proteinuria. However on many forums, many of the responsies to these questions are "GO SEE A DOC, IT'S PROTEIN LEAKING" but all responises are from non medical professionals.

This is what I read so far:
    "Far and away, foamy urine is not associated with any abnormality of the kidneys. There are some (I am one of them) who think that the foaming is related to a high velocity of concentrated urine flow and therefore is more of a curiosity than a threat to your health." -Newell R. Falkinburg, M.D., FACP -board certified nephrologist
    www[dot]en.allexperts[dot]com/q/Nephrology-975/Proteinuria-Foamy-bubbly-urine.htm

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Are you talking about the foam that appears after it hits the water in the toilet bowl? Like you pee and then there's those foamy bubbles? Hmm well I've had that my whole life never thought anything of it.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.31%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

You have actually sat down to pee?
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    You have actually sat down to pee?
    I have when I poop
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.31%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post

I have when I poop
    Well that is completely different. SPLOOSH
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.17%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

I think you are paranoid ha...if your urine smelt very strong and looked like mt dew then that would be a different story...if you mainly notice it after your first pee when you wake up its because you are dehydrated after sleep...
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.11%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blaykeryan View Post
    I think you are paranoid ha...if your urine smelt very strong and looked like mt dew then that would be a different story...if you mainly notice it after your first pee when you wake up its because you are dehydrated after sleep...
    Drastic Color changes and smell are better in-house indicators of something being wrong then the foam be present alone. Ive always have it off and on and I am sure I always will. Any bowl cleaner in your water? (random idea lol) I doubt you need to see a doc as Im sure pain or some other uncomfortable sensation will arise if you have an issue in that department.

If the topic makes ya lose sleep head on to a Lab Corp and get the work done and rechecked later on, then have the results read by a doc. Keep an accurate log of what your putting in your body and you will know for sure and should end up with a much more precise answer.
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.64%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

What do you consider "loads of water"?
    Still I want to know why I still keep getting foamy urine when I dont drink water.

How about you just drink water? Quit worrying about it and drink a gallon of water a day and your piss will rarely be yellow, let alone foamy.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

Lol because of this stupid ****ing post I spent a bunch of money on bullshyt tests for ****ing nothing!!! Turned out the foam was being caused by the cleaner I used. Are all of you Hypochondriacs or something what the ****?!!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. The need to release... or lack of
    By qwerty42 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 06:27 AM
  2. Klinefelter Syndrome: Bad Genes or lack of Test?
    By Raikkonen in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 05:04 PM
  3. EPIDROL smell or lack there of
    By AtomSmasher in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 08:45 PM
  4. Bad day at the gym or was it lack of Drive?
    By E J in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 06:02 PM
  5. One arm, leg, or side of the body lacking what to do?
    By pistonpump in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 02:14 PM