Favorite Workout Gloves?

LiftingTins

Awards
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and was hoping to get everyone’s opinions on
their favorite workout gloves and why you like them.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Callus and Chalk make the best ones that I'm aware of. Pretty reasonably priced as well.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Gloves??? Gloves come with a fancy purse and some chocolates. Grab that cold steel and earn your calluses. Now straps and wrist wraps are a totally different story.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just bought chalk the other day for $1.50. Best thing ever!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get a $10 off coupon at Dicks and grab the Bionic gloves best 4-month glove around IMO

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Everlast, 6lb'ers

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Schiek Platinum.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only glove a guy should be using is a "love glove" for when he and his lady are "in the mood".

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why would somebody want calluses?
Harbinger are my favorite. Fair prices and will last forever.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use 'harbinger'.. Good gloves, last 6-8 months, but I still have calluses:(

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i think he wants soft hands for when he makes the bald man puke

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think he's talking about his ****, lmao....

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lmao!!! I got it! When he squeezes out the cream of mushroom! :D

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Texture on your hands will give a better sensation! Plus, throw some spit on it and you can't tell the difference! :D

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Depends on ya job lls gloves FTW

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

SparkyKarl

Awards
Nothing wrong with using gloves, I use them, I find that it makes my workout much more easy.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess if u were thick gloves ... Wouldn't that b like wrapping a towel around the weight? What about those BIG GRIP things that r suppose to make it harder to train n make u stronger???

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use gloves but not the piece of **** gloves that you buy from a supplement shop. Do yourself a favor and if you like to use gloves like me and buy gardening gloves or work gloves. Long run they last longer and work better.

Please note I do additional grip training and you should to.

I don't want to hear **** from people for wearing gloves. Especally if you use chalk,belts,straps,fat grips*paded* dip belt or powerlifting suit. Use them and lift. Don't tell others they are girly or w/e when your squating or deadlifting with a belt taking your back out of the equation.

We all lift things and put them down. Its not that serious.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use gloves but not the piece of **** gloves that you buy from a supplement shop. Do yourself a favor and if you like to use gloves like me and buy gardening gloves or work gloves. Long run they last longer and work better.

Please note I do additional grip training and you should to.

I don't want to hear **** from people for wearing gloves. Especally if you use chalk,belts,straps,fat grips*paded* dip belt or powerlifting suit. Use them and lift. Don't tell others they are girly or w/e when your squating or deadlifting with a belt taking your back out of the equation.

We all lift things and put them down. Its not that serious.
Finally!!!!

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I use gloves but not the piece of **** gloves that you buy from a supplement shop. Do yourself a favor and if you like to use gloves like me and buy gardening gloves or work gloves. Long run they last longer and work better. Please note I do additional grip training and you should to. I don't want to hear **** from people for wearing gloves. Especally if you use chalk,belts,straps,fat grips*paded* dip belt or powerlifting suit. Use them and lift. Don't tell others they are girly or w/e when your squating or deadlifting with a belt taking your back out of the equation. We all lift things and put them down. Its not that serious.
To each his own.

ilia_p

Awards
Skin :p I used to use gloves; however, in the long run, they're more of a hindrance than a help - embrace the steel brother!

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I wear gloves because I have a history of arthritis in our family (specifically the hands) but people look at me like a pansy for it. Gotta love people who judge lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wear gloves because I have a history of arthritis in our family (specifically the hands) but people look at me like a pansy for it. Gotta love people who judge lol
How do gloves help with arthritis?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
But, how? How would gloves prevent the onset of arthritis?
Dude use google I have a feeling you're just nit picking trying to start an argument I won't be returning to this thread. You want the ****ing science behind it? How about this answer. I use gloves because I ****ING FEEL LIKE IT!! You been waiting all night for me to respond to your question or something? You responded back immediately

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude use google I have a feeling you're just nit picking trying to start an argument I won't be returning to this thread. You want the ****ing science behind it? How about this answer. I use gloves because I ****ING FEEL LIKE IT!! You been waiting all night for me to respond to your question or something? You responded back immediately
Why are you getting so defensive?

I just want to know how wearing gloves would help stop the onset of arthritis. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering that, you can wear gloves all day if you want.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whatever floats your boat man. I use gloves,chalk and straps depending on a couple things. Gloves with wraps are great for my wrist. Hurts due to all the signing I do in my job.

As long as im big,strong, and less fat than 98% of the us I'm fine.