FDA to BAN Trans-Fats

  1. FDA to BAN Trans-Fats


    They will no longer have "GRAS" status.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/he...fats.html?_r=0
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com


  2. Under the proposal, which is open for public comment for 60 days, the agency would declare that partially hydrogenated oils, the source of trans fats, were no longer “generally recognized as safe,”

    There goes the country crock
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  3. I'm thinking this will significantly raise food prices.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm thinking this will significantly raise food prices.
    How so?
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    How so?
    Trans-fats are used as a cheap way to increase shelf life of products, if they are eliminated companies will have to find another way which likely will cost more money...More money to produce the food, cost passed on to the consumers.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  6. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Trans-fats are used as a cheap way to increase shelf life of products, if they are eliminated companies will have to find another way which likely will cost more money...More money to produce the food, cost passed on to the consumers.
    That is a good point. Well i guess it is a good thing I dont eat a lot of canned boxed or frozen food. I mean I have noticed an increase in the cost of my "natural food" in general but I swear to god if they get rid of microwaved popcorn I am going to loose my god dam mind!
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  7. They claim it will lower heart attacks. That's absolutely ridiculous. If people want to eat like crap and not take care of themselves, they are gonna do it, trans-fats or not.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    They claim it will lower heart attacks. That's absolutely ridiculous. If people want to eat like crap and not take care of themselves, they are gonna do it, trans-fats or not.
    This is along the lines of the ban on large sodas in NY. IMO
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    This is along the lines of the ban on large sodas in NY. IMO

    Yep, we are headed to a future like in the movie Demolition Man.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    It still wont aid america's obesity.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  11. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    It still wont aid america's obesity.

    Yeah I agree, and it's not going to lower the rate of heart attacks.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  12. I tell you what will though getting off their fat arses and being active!
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    It still wont aid america's obesity.
    Lol in this country I'm obese due to my BMI..actually had a doc tell me that at a visit when I was 8% bf I just smiled and said make sure my chart includes my bf%..
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  14. Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    Lol in this country I'm obese due to my BMI..actually had a doc tell me that at a visit when I was 8% bf I just smiled and said make sure my chart includes my bf%..
    obese with abs? how did he tell you that with a straight face?
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    I'm going to Taco Bell for 8 Doritos Locos tacos!!!

  16. Guess I better stock up on my trans-fats now. It's always something.
    Remember why you started.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Guess I better stock up on my trans-fats now. It's always something.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  18. Nice stash man.
    Remember why you started.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Nice stash man.
    Random internet picture. Once I get a new toaster I think I'm gonna try them though.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Random internet picture. Once I get a new toaster I think I'm gonna try them though.
    and then there is this...
    Name:  pop-tart-ice-cream-sandwich-600.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  70.1 KB
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    obese with abs? how did he tell you that with a straight face?
    <rant>
    Its just those older docs...this countries system needs a few more docs who understand fitness and bodybuilding. What we don't need is more of a nanny state like banning trans fats because they are not safe but hey smoke up..4ad was banned because its dangerous yet its instantly sold as a drug fda approved ....</rant>
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    <rant>
    Its just those older docs...this countries system needs a few more docs who understand fitness and bodybuilding. What we don't need is more of a nanny state like banning trans fats because they are not safe but hey smoke up..4ad was banned because its dangerous yet its instantly sold as a drug fda approved ....</rant>
    When its really good the government steals it, and if another product comes along that competes with its theft they shut it down. They do they same with what they cant steal.
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. New York City bans trans fats from restaurants.
    By DeerDeer in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 04:49 PM
  2. NY bans most trans fats from restaurants
    By wrkn4bigrmusles in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 12:18 AM
  3. New York City bans trans fats from restaurants.
    By DeerDeer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 12:00 PM
  4. New York to ban Trans-Fats in resturants
    By RenegadeRows in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 04:28 PM
  5. How much Sat/Trans fat makes it to adipose?
    By hypo in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 06:01 PM
Log in
Log in