Maintainence calories question help - AnabolicMinds.com

Maintainence calories question help

1. New Member

Maintainence calories question help

If someone average per say, had a maintainance weight of 2000 calories

Say they had a chocolate bar that was 100 calories and they took 20 bars a day, would they maintain there weight eating that without eating anything else, vs eating normal diet and going to maintainance calories?

This Is just the average joe not a bodybuilding or anything, I know people need protein and fats blah de blah but still.

Or am I missing the point lol? Help

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaman722 View Post

Say they had a chocolate bar that was 100 calories and they took 20 bars a day, would they maintain there weight eating that without eating anything else, vs eating normal diet and going to maintainance calories?

This Is just the average joe not a bodybuilding or anything, I know people need protein and fats blah de blah but still.

There is debate if the law of thermodynamics applies in the body; whilst we are an energy system, we are also adaptable.

In a basic sense, this is true when the minimum needs of the body are met but doesn't always hold true.

What you've posted is a grossly simplified version which may hold true in the short term but might not in the long tern
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

It's not all about calories. Need the micronutrients too. Eating 20 chocolate bars will give you the calories to maintain energy levels, but without amino acids from protein and nutrients from whole foods, you're body will survive but not perform optimally. Jiigzz is right about long term effects.
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    There is debate if the law of thermodynamics applies in the body; whilst we are an energy system, we are also adaptable. In a basic sense, this is true when the minimum needs of the body are met but doesn't always hold true. What you've posted is a grossly simplified version which may hold true in the short term but might not in the long tern
    Thanks
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You would most likely maintain eating at maintenance despite what you ingest, but as has already been mentioned you might not function optimally.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaman722 View Post

The answer is yes,
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    The answer is yes,
    Haha, to the point, thanks
  •