Calling all diabetics, or those with knowledge therein

  1. Registered User
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EATING for BULK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,931
    Rep Power
    2870703

    Calling all diabetics, or those with knowledge therein


    I have had 4 separate instances where my blood sugar has bottomed out. All 4 shared one thing in common: A preworkout, a vigorous workout, and a post workout.
    The pre and post had simple sugars in them.

    So, what the F? Is my blood sugar spiking when I take these simple carbs, then I eat em up during the workout, and spike it again post workout, then something happens with my insulin/blood sugar levels?

    I don't know a whole lot about this.

    Spare me the "go to your doc an get a fasting glucose test", I am already going to do this.

    No diabetes in my family except my grandmother. No pertinent health problems, other than some ortho and low T.

    Thanks!

  2. Registered User
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EATING for BULK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,931
    Rep Power
    2870703

    These 4 times were all in the span of the last 10 months.
  3. Registered User
    rhoadx's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    3914

    why the simple sugars? theres no need to use simple sugars for an insulin rush post workout, thats all b.s. and hopefully your having protein with your carbs right
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EATING for BULK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,931
    Rep Power
    2870703

    Quote Originally Posted by rhoadx View Post
    why the simple sugars? theres no need to use simple sugars for an insulin rush post workout, thats all b.s. and hopefully your having protein with your carbs right
    Yes, the preworkout mix is Gatorade powder, whatever Pre-stims I am taking, and BCAA's. The post workout is the same without the Preworkout powder.
    I generally have a whey/casein shake and a meal about an hour or two after the workout.

    So the symptoms that I get are anxiousness, sweating, cold chills, tremors, severe fatigue. This all is alleviated by taking in carbs. Yesterday (the most recent event) I ate a banana, fruit juice, and a bowl of cereal.
  5. Registered User
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EATING for BULK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,931
    Rep Power
    2870703

    I guess what I am wondering is can I be having diabetic issues at age 31? And why? My diet is not based on fast food or sweets. I enjoy sweets like anyone else, but in moderation.
  6. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Sounds to me like possible hyperinsulinemia


    What's height weight and bodyfat
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  7. Registered User
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EATING for BULK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,931
    Rep Power
    2870703

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Sounds to me like possible hyperinsulinemia


    What's height weight and bodyfat
    Height: 69"
    Weight: 197
    BF: about 16%, give or take a couple %
    I am pretty fit. I can run a 14:00 2 mile even with my bad hips.
    I am on TRT @ 100mg each week
    But, TRT started after the first 2 events, so no connection in my eyes
  8. Registered User
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EATING for BULK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,931
    Rep Power
    2870703

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Sounds to me like possible hyperinsulinemia
    I just looked that up. I hope that isn't the case. Dammit.
  9. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    How are your meals currently?


    How do you feel after a mixed meal?

    The only thing I can foresee is with simple sugars pre workout (unless not alone ) with combination of stims can cause insulin resistance to a degree and then with exercise and your bodies glut 4 translocating to the surface of te cells with additional glucose and cause a high spike and rapid drop in sugar once the cells are more sensitive

    It's only my observation. I'd honestly ditch the pre workout carbs IMO.
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  10. Registered User
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EATING for BULK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,931
    Rep Power
    2870703

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    How are your meals currently?


    How do you feel after a mixed meal?

    The only thing I can foresee is with simple sugars pre workout (unless not alone ) with combination of stims can cause insulin resistance to a degree and then with exercise and your bodies glut 4 translocating to the surface of te cells with additional glucose and cause a high spike and rapid drop in sugar once the cells are more sensitive

    It's only my observation. I'd honestly ditch the pre workout carbs IMO.
    I generally eat healthy. chicken, tuna, rice, potatoes, beef, mixed veggies, eggs, chicken sausage. And occasionally a sweet treat.
    I am generally fatigued throughout the day to be honest. I chalk that up to my low T though. But I guess at about ~600-700 I am not low anymore.
    Could any of what you are talking about contribute to fatigue?
  11. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post

    I generally eat healthy. chicken, tuna, rice, potatoes, beef, mixed veggies, eggs, chicken sausage. And occasionally a sweet treat.
    I am generally fatigued throughout the day to be honest. I chalk that up to my low T though. But I guess at about ~600-700 I am not low anymore.
    Could any of what you are talking about contribute to fatigue?
    Dehydration can contribute to that as well. Low sugars (depending on individual ) can cause fatigue. Personally at sugars in the high 50s low 60s for me I'm generally ok. If I dip a tad under that I feel like death
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  12. Registered User
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EATING for BULK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,931
    Rep Power
    2870703

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Dehydration can contribute to that as well. Low sugars (depending on individual ) can cause fatigue. Personally at sugars in the high 50s low 60s for me I'm generally ok. If I dip a tad under that I feel like death
    I plan on grabbing a glucometer from work and testing my blood sugar a few times a day for a week. We'll see what is trending that way. Maybe I will have some quality insight.
  13. Registered User
    RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,042
    Rep Power
    2428148

    Did you figure out what was causing these symptoms?
    Cheetos Rep
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/235502-tgrs-cheetos-chraining.html?highlight=tgr+c heetos+training
  14. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Power
    0

    Are you seriously worried about having low blood sugar symptoms 4 times in 10 months? And you think you're having diabetic symptoms? Wow you guys really do jump to the worst case scenarios huh? Ever hear of reactive hypoglycemia? Seriously don't listen to these guys I'm sorry but these guys are already diagnosing you with hyperinsulemia. I mean wtf...it's ridiculous..it really is. Sometimes low blood sugar is natural and you're talking 4 ****ing times in 10 months
  15. Registered User
    ajbogs's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    31196

    Diabetic here. It sounds like you are going hypoglycemic (low) I'd advise to have a preworkout meal that's higher in fat and carbs to keep the insulin from a sharp spike, it'll help. I'd get a meter from walgreens and test your sugar before and during workout. The meter should come with 10 test strips and enough to maybe see a trend. Or simply keep a few juice boxes and a protein bar/granola bar or glucose tabs in your gym bag. Its what I do.
  16. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbogs View Post
    Diabetic here. It sounds like you are going hypoglycemic (low) I'd advise to have a preworkout meal that's higher in fat and carbs to keep the insulin from a sharp spike, it'll help. I'd get a meter from walgreens and test your sugar before and during workout. The meter should come with 10 test strips and enough to maybe see a trend. Or simply keep a few juice boxes and a protein bar/granola bar or glucose tabs in your gym bag. Its what I do.
    Yea but you agree that doesn't mean they have diabetes right?
  17. Registered User
    ajbogs's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    31196

    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post

    Yea but you agree that doesn't mean they have diabetes right?
    Oh god no. You can have low blood sugars and not be diabetic. If you had diabetes , your numbers would more than likely be sky high, you'd drink gallons of water a day, and be pissing every 30 seconds. Not to mention you'd smell like chemicals from the body starting to go into keto-acidosis. A low here and there is fine, as long as it doesn't become a daily thing
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. or those with legal Test Scripts for HRT in the US
    By mikeyboyeee in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 11:35 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 12:45 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 05:49 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 04:26 PM
  5. Calling all Cyclists (road or mountain)
    By Brent in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 02:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in