Diet to increase testosterone....very low T for age 22

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Diet to increase testosterone....very low T for age 22


    So I pretty much have every single symptom of low T, no need to get into details, but I think you guys understand. Anyway, I went to see an endo and she said my last testosterone levels were within the normal range, but she humored me by testing them again. She didn't even consider any sort of low T treatments, so I'm turning to you guys for help. My last blood test showed a Test level of 375, which is obviously extremely low for someone my age, even considering the test was done in the afternoon. I will be getting my new results tomorrow, but still, i doubt anything will be done. I don't know where else to turn. Whats the best diet for testosterone and anti-estrogen? If I'm not getting a prescription, I'll try to do it natural. I'm not messing around with black market roids or Prohormones, sorry
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.


  2. You can google it, I believe it's called the testosterone diet... Some personal things I have engrained from it are:

    Avoid soy

    Raw red onions and broccoli lower estrogen

    Get your macros in everyday! Low fat diets will cause test to plummet. Your body needs cholesterol (from fat) to produce test.

    Stay away from processed foods and high fructose corn syrup

    Aim for 50-80 grams of fat per day based on your goals and body weight/type.

    Natural peanut butter is supposed to be great for boosting natural t levels as well. A scoop of that before bed with a protein shake is a great way to get in some quality nutrients for boosting your T.

    There's also a couple great Natty supps u can use for pro test/ anti e

    I was in TRT at 24 after Having low t (for no reason) my levels were slightly lower than yours but I've felt your pain. Do yourself a favor and stick it out as long as you can. Mind over matter. Tell yourself you test is going up evey day. Every meal you eat is making it go up. Every time you touch a weight you are stronger. Before u go to sleep and when u wake up, tell yourself you already have the thing you desire. It will bounce back. Give it two months of eating good and resting well. And training smart. Then retest knowing you're going to see a large increase bc you worked at it and told yourself everyday it was already done.
    •   
       


  3. I eventually needed a clomid restart from a urologist afterTRT brought my levels only up to 500 from 280.

    After my clomid therapy, I'm sitting pretty between 800-1100 depending on diet and supplementation, rest, stress, etc.

    You're young enough that you will be A OK

    The worst thing u can do is harp over it. Take the advice you get here and put it to positive use, don't focus on having low test, focus on having higher test !

  4. Been eating all the fat and protein I can. Not eating carbs till at least my 3rd-4th meals. Broccoli and cabbage have been my only low carb veggies. Nuts/seeds, Greek yogurt, cheese, eggs, bacon, dark meat chicken, tuna, meat, oats, potatoes, sweet potatoes, raw honey, ezekial bread, olive oil, whey protein, etc pretty much make up my diet. Also have added zinc and vitamin D into the list. Lifting heavier and with more power and fewer reps. Depending on my latest test results, I may try some new supplements. I've tried a couple natty test boosters and hormone balancers before, but not much. To be honest, I'd rather stay natty if I can. It just sucks when you're surrounded by guys your age at the gym who have test levels 800-1200, and even though you work harder than everyone else, your results just aren't reflecting it.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Been eating all the fat and protein I can. Not eating carbs till at least my 3rd-4th meals. Broccoli and cabbage have been my only low carb veggies. Nuts/seeds, Greek yogurt, cheese, eggs, bacon, dark meat chicken, tuna, meat, oats, potatoes, sweet potatoes, raw honey, ezekial bread, olive oil, whey protein, etc pretty much make up my diet. Also have added zinc and vitamin D into the list. Lifting heavier and with more power and fewer reps. Depending on my latest test results, I may try some new supplements. I've tried a couple natty test boosters and hormone balancers before, but not much. To be honest, I'd rather stay natty if I can. It just sucks when you're surrounded by guys your age at the gym who have test levels 800-1200, and even though you work harder than everyone else, your results just aren't reflecting it.
    U sound like I used to.

    Tip a- u COULD be working too hard. Less is more.

    Tip b- drop the seeds. Seeds promote estrogen. Nuts stick to almonds and cashews and pistachios. Some nuts also promote estrogen I believe. Sunflower seeds, pumpkins seeds.. Promote e2
    •   
       


  6. Crap, I've been eating sunbutter like there's no tomorrow. And I'm sure I workout too hard, but I can't help it! I'm like addicted to the game. And Cashews, Pistachios and almonds are my favorites anyway. My aunt who's a nurse suggested maybe asking my new endo for some testosterone cream since I just got transferred from a Pediatric female endo to an adult male endo
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  7. So you have no history of prohormone or anabolic usage?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Crap, I've been eating sunbutter like there's no tomorrow. And I'm sure I workout too hard, but I can't help it! I'm like addicted to the game. And Cashews, Pistachios and almonds are my favorites anyway. My aunt who's a nurse suggested maybe asking my new endo for some testosterone cream since I just got transferred from a Pediatric female endo to an adult male endo
    Cream will shut u down u dont want that. It's just a topical version of injectable and not worth it

  9. I have taken a couple of natty test booster in the past, AEN Ape and Test freak. Have also taken Blue up, blue growth, and blue gene by Controlled labs. All of those are natty and have been very scattered over the past few years. I have however been on Corticosteroids (Prednisone/Medrol) since I was 3....I also used to be on hGH (Somatropin pharma grade) for my short stature, but that was stopped like a year and a half ago.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Cream will shut u down u dont want that. It's just a topical version of injectable and not worth it
    Good to know! I have looked into Clomid, I've just heard it can shut down your libido, and that's one of the things I'm trying to increase!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Good to know! I have looked into Clomid, I've just heard it can shut down your libido, and that's one of the things I'm trying to increase!
    Never noticed that with libido.. And it's only for 4 weeks you take it.. Then u stop. So think about if u had to suffer a little for 4 weeks to get your test back up to 800+..... Worth it all day long lol

    a doctor wouldn't prescribe it unless your LH and/or FSH levels are off..

  12. She didn't check any of those! All I got tested for were Total test, Cortisol, IGF-1, and DHEA. I think she also checked sex hormones. She didn't bother to check Estrogen, LH, or HGH. I'm just waiting for a call back with the results. My last tests from 2012 showed my HGH at 0.22, my IGF-1 at 454. and I already mentioned my test which was 375, down from 2011 when it was 410. Idk if this matters, but my Vitamin D was 31 after my last physical. And if Clomid isn't gonna F up my libido, I'd def ask my doc for some
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    She didn't check any of those! All I got tested for were Total test, Cortisol, IGF-1, and DHEA. I think she also checked sex hormones. She didn't bother to check Estrogen, LH, or HGH. I'm just waiting for a call back with the results. My last tests from 2012 showed my HGH at 0.22, my IGF-1 at 454. and I already mentioned my test which was 375, down from 2011 when it was 410. Idk if this matters, but my Vitamin D was 31 after my last physical. And if Clomid isn't gonna F up my libido, I'd def ask my doc for some
    You'd need to know LH, FSH, estradiol, and prolactin along with total and free test.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    You'd need to know LH, FSH, estradiol, and prolactin along with total and free test.
    Since I'm in the process of getting transferred to a new endo, I will make sure to have that checked at my next appointment. At this point, I'm just looking for natural ways to do it in the mean time until that happens. I'm just tired of feeling like **** all the time.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post

    Since I'm in the process of getting transferred to a new endo, I will make sure to have that checked at my next appointment. At this point, I'm just looking for natural ways to do it in the mean time until that happens. I'm just tired of feeling like **** all the time.
    Eating big and lots of rest. You can't recover that great w low t.

  16. Err, my sleep isn't exactly that good.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  17. So I just got some of my results back. My Testosterone is 408, my Cortisol is 8.8 (Normal 6-22), and my Sex Hormone is 24 (normal 20-60). I'm think I'm pretty f***ed
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    So I just got some of my results back. My Testosterone is 408, my Cortisol is 8.8 (Normal 6-22), and my Sex Hormone is 24 (normal 20-60). I'm think I'm pretty f***ed
    Why?

  19. According to my endo, all is normal, even though these are normal numbers for a typical 75 year old man. She says I'm fine because I'm still within "normal" levels so I'm not a candidate for any prescriptions
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    So I just got some of my results back. My Testosterone is 408, my Cortisol is 8.8 (Normal 6-22), and my Sex Hormone is 24 (normal 20-60). I'm think I'm pretty f***ed
    I want to make sure I understand - when you refer to your sex hormones - do you mean SHBG (sexual hormone binding globulin)?

    In case you are not aware, SHBG is something that binds to some amount of your testosterone, and renders that portion useless.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post

    I want to make sure I understand - when you refer to your sex hormones - do you mean SHBG (sexual hormone binding globulin)?

    In case you are not aware, SHBG is something that binds to some amount of your testosterone, and renders that portionm useless.
    Yea that's definitely the shbg.. Lower the better

  22. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Yea that's definitely the shbg.. Lower the better
    Oh, so 24 is good? Word! At least something is those numbers is good!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    According to my endo, all is normal, even though these are normal numbers for a typical 75 year old man. She says I'm fine because I'm still within "normal" levels so I'm not a candidate for any prescriptions
    You're not a candidate. I was in your shoes. Take the necessary steps and do the research to support natural test production and don't dwell on the negative. Do what I said and just focus on having more test. Your body will do the work your mind tells it to. Believe you already have test at 800 and you will get it.

    Revisit Bloodwork in 2-3 years.

    If it make u feel any better, from a sexual standpoint- I was with my ex for 3 years. I tried having sex with another girl after we broke up and I couldn't keep it up.... Total failure

    Ended up having my ex over the other night and we had sex and inwas rock hard and fully up.... Point is... It's psychological, some dudes can't just bang a girl you just met... Nothing wrong with that, it means you have a conscience and standards.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Oh, so 24 is good? Word! At least something is those numbers is good!
    Yes, that is what I was trying to suggest - without making anyone feel uninformed.

    Cortisol and SHBG look good.

  25. So, not to intentionally be an idiot, but I, too, agree - you have a great deal that you can do prior to receiving a script for anything from your MD. You DO NOT WANT TO BE ON TRT the rest of your life, unless you have no other option.

    On the other hand, I do not agree with your MD's assessment that everything is fine (although I am sure your MD won't lose any sleep because some dude on the Internet disagrees with her). If you have low T, they need to find out WHY.

    I would suggest you read as much as you can and try to look for symptoms and causes that might seem to apply. I am a pain in my MD's butt that way. I look at it this way; who has a greater interest in my health - me or her?

  26. I think it has to do with all the years of high dose Medrol/Prednisone therapy, but no one seems to believe me! They're just like, oh, that could cause your cortisol to go up, that's it. She also told me there is nothing natural I can do and I have to live with it.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  27. She did say she would send me to a Urologist or endo that specializes in sexual issues for the libido and ED, but said my hormone levels didn't need to be treated
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  28. Manly Meds Part II: Testosterone

    By Andrew Tubesing, MS | Published Jun 23, 2011TEXT SIZE: A A A Share on printShare on emailIn addition to the “annoyances” category of Prednisone side effects, there are a number of potentially harmful complications. One of the more common of these problems is a reduction in bone density. I’ve been getting annual bone density exams since I started on it—so far no problems yet.

    Since Prednisone alters the performance of your adrenal gland there can be hormonal implications as well. In fact, it is also related to the bone density issue. Long-term prednisone use can result in low testosterone levels. Low testosterone can show itself in a number of ways, some of which can certainly threaten a man’s sense of manliness, for sure. But the problem that doctors are more concerned about is that testosterone plays a role in bone growth and decay. It’s not clear to me how the cause and effect chain works, but I surmise that they’re all connected.

    As part of my effort to keep apprised of how my body is affected by IBD and the medications I take for it, I went to an endocrinologist to look after the possible hormonal changes. The doc ordered a variety of blood tests, some for various hormonal levels, and another to check for diabetes which can be another complication of long-term prednisone therapy.

    My blood tests revealed only one abnormality: very low testosterone levels. That came as a surprise since I hadn’t noticed anything awry through the more traditional indicators. But the news certainly made me feel a little strange. How manly could I be with a mere fraction of the normal testosterone range?

    It turns out this can be addressed rather simply by taking a testosterone supplement. While this seems straightforward enough, it troubles me because it is clearly crossing a new threshold. Not because of the content of the medicine, but for the concept. Stacking up medicines to treat issues caused by other medicines gives me the creeps. Do we really understand the human body well enough to effectively manage all of these complex interactions? Meanwhile, I still want to be sure I don’t end up with fragile bones prematurely, so I decide to go ahead with the treatment.

    The typical solution comes in gel form. You dispense it from a pump bottle and rub it into your shoulders. As for side effects, the doc had said, at most, the testosterone might make me hungrier for activity and exercise. Nothing wrong with that, I guess.

    I also asked the pharmacist what I should expect while taking it. He mentioned that I might notice the return of certain “inclinations” that might have been lacking before. I think I caught his meaning, happily avoiding the actual terms. Sex drive might be a topic some people feel comfortable talking about with their doctor, but it’s hardly the sort of conversation I’d want to have at the pharmacy counter. Since I hadn’t really noticed that kind of change with the low testosterone, I was curious how the supplement might affect me physically.

    So, I asked another question, quasi-covertly wondering whether I’d be making tent poles all day.

    “Oh, naw, nothing like that,” he said. “What I gather is that guys tend to experience… a general sense of well being.”

    Well, that sounded harmless enough. Hey, taking this stuff might even be a good thing.

    So, I took it home and read the directions before administering my first dose. There are all sorts of warnings against allowing it to come into contact with women and children. While the reasoning seems obvious given its hormonal content, the “for men only” part only adds to the masculine connotation of this medicine. For that and the other reasons, I’ve taken to calling it The Man Gel. Reading further through the instructions I learned the most intriguing part of it all: It’s highly flammable! What could possibly be manlier than combustible medication?

  29. Hahahaha! I read that article last week. Def one of my favs. Combustible man gel!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

  30. But thank you for the article! I'll show it to my doc next time I see him/her
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM
  2. Zinc Dosage to increase testosterone? Already taking Mega Men
    By pittguy578 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 10:31 AM
  3. Natural ways to increase testosterone through diet
    By rochabp in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM
  4. Best Diet to increase Insulin Sensitivity
    By mrmoose63 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Log in
Log in