Cheat meal / Cheat day

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Meal 100%

A whole day is asking for weight gain of the non-lean variety.

I myself do a meal, on leg or back day, once a week or so

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I try to just set aside ~1 hour and just go to town

kk3vv

kk3vv

Awards
What u mean eating as much as u can for one hour

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Yeah whatever I can fit into my stomach in an hour lol. If I do a day or too long of a time, I've found it harder to get the weight off.

kk3vv

kk3vv

Awards
Yeah whatever I can fit into my stomach in an hour lol. If I do a day or too long of a time, I've found it harder to get the weight off.
Ima give that a try I just been eating one packet of poptart as a cheat meal once a week.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Ima give that a try I just been eating one packet of poptart as a cheat meal once a week.
on dang... hahah! that's not much at all

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe throw some pb and fluff on that **** and dip it in melted chocolate then crush Oreos on that and put in fridge till it sets. Then you got a cheat meal

kk3vv

kk3vv

Awards
Maybe throw some pb and fluff on that **** and dip it in melted chocolate then crush Oreos on that and put in fridge till it sets. Then you got a cheat meal
Now that sounds bangin ima bout to tear that up next week

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now that sounds bangin ima bout to tear that up next week
What's funny is you can prolly make it healthy

Chocolate peanutbutter from nuts and more

Peanutbutter marshmallow cellucor protein pudding made w almond milk or yogurt

Coconut butter melted with pure cocoa powder and truvia

Bam.

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
I do an entire cheat day. Depends on what calorie consumption you are trying to aim for. I could easily consume an entire day's worth of calories in one meal (think cheesecake factory) , however I spread out my refeed meal/day over the course of 10 hours. Makes my life enjoyable

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do an entire cheat day. Depends on what calorie consumption you are trying to aim for. I could easily consume an entire day's worth of calories in one meal (think cheesecake factory) , however I spread out my refeed meal/day over the course of 10 hours. Makes my life enjoyable
Refeeds and cheats are completely diff

Refeed day meticulous intake of specific macros for leptin release with minimal fat storage

Cheat day all out ****fest to reward a loss of weight which will inevitably be gained back during said cheat day

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
Refeeds and cheats are completely diff

Refeed day meticulous intake of specific macros for leptin release with minimal fat storage

Cheat day all out ****fest to reward a loss of weight which will inevitably be gained back during said cheat day
understood, however I am used to people using the terms refeed/cheat meals interchangeably. Bad assumption about the OP on my part perhaps. Yeah I was talking about a controlled refeed. A true cheat meal for me may be 2 chocolate chip cookies or a slice of cake. My controlled refeeds are enough to keep me happy without the vegas style binge cheat fest :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A meal.

A day can set you way back unless you stay within +500 cals over. IMO
This
and most people dont Calculate Cheats, and some people have endless pits.
Eating junk all day is just not optimal regardless of your goal

Always a meal.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Also Article i wrote on Refeeds vs Cheats:

http://www.machinemuscle.com/refeeds-and-cheats-impact-on-metabolism/

"Trying both the cheat meal and the refeed may be wise, see how you respond, see how you react as far as weight gain from both processes, and see how you mentally and physically feel. These are KEY indications on what works best for your body and what you should utilize in the future to help dial you into the best shape of your life!

Others may want to take a complete diet break for a week or even up to 10 days depending on how long they have dieted. I would suggest this for those coming off a contest prep diet (16+ weeks long) or a very rigorous diet such as Lyle McDonalds Ultimate Diet 2.0 or Rapid Fat Loss Diet (RFL). This will help get rid of the metabolic slowdown and the mental lethargy of the caloric deficit they have been placed in for so long.

In the end dieting comes down one major factor “Dieting smarter and not harder than it needs to be.” Taking a step back (as in refeeding or a cheat meal) can help you and taking two steps forward (increased weight loss, and satisfying your cravings) when done properly and executed. You will have to read your body, read the scale, and look in the mirror to see how you react to those things and then based off what your progress is keep fine tuning to see what suits your body best.

\

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
Also Article i wrote on Refeeds vs Cheats:

Taking a step back (as in refeeding or a cheat meal) can help you and taking two steps forward (increased weight loss, and satisfying your cravings) when done properly and executed. You will have to read your body, read the scale, and look in the mirror to see how you react to those things and then based off what your progress is keep fine tuning to see what suits your body best.

\
exactly. I tend to gain a couple lbs initially but it goes away towards the middle of the week. at the end of the month, if I am on a refeed diet to lose fat, I'll lose weight consistently while still staying strong and energetic.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
exactly. I tend to gain a couple lbs initially but it goes away towards the middle of the week. at the end of the month, if I am on a refeed diet to lose fat, I'll lose weight consistently while still staying strong and energetic.
Glad it can be helpful for you!

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
I dont really call it a cheat-I still try and keep my macros and cals within their normal ranges. A cheat for me is eating fried chicken instead of grilled or baked, or pounding down some mac and cheese as my carb of choice instead of wild rice or lentils.

Doing it like that helps me keep everything in check while still enjoying myself and lifes little bites of happiness.