My nutrition?? - AnabolicMinds.com

My nutrition??

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

My nutrition??

I'm 5.4 165 21%bf. I was 180 and 28% in February. Goal is 12-14% and stay 165 with lean mass.
    I start work early and get home late. Workout 5 days with an extra cardio day. I tried doing cardio before work but I lack sleep time. Generally I get home at 6 eat my last meal settle in then go to the gym at 7:30-8. I have a workout partner that can't go earlier. I do how ever go earlier on occasionally.
    My question is when should I be eating my carbs and suppliments? I know the need for carbs after the workout but I get home from gym at 9:45-10 shower and off to bed since I get up at 4amMy intake now:
    4:30 protein shake and suppliments
    6am coffee, two hard boiled eggs, some days 1/2 whole grain bagel w light cream cheese or whole grain toast
    7:30 banana or oatmeal
    10:00 lunch. Supplements, Chicken breast or fish fillet and mixed steamed veggies. Seasoned only or a chicken salad with mix veggies. Occasionally I get a chicken sandwich.
    12:30 small snack.
    Some peanuts or almonds at random times. Occasionally a sweet
    1:00 protein shake
    3-4 nuts again
    6:00 dinner
    Chicken or fish and veggies or salad or some other meat and veggie meal. Occasionally a burger or chicken pita sandwich.
    7:00 protein shake
    7:45 per workout drink and supplements
    Gym
    9:45 protein shake supplements
    Bed!
    Anything els you can give advice on would be great.

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.

You cAn eat ur carbs before gym or a little after. You need to eat a meal before you go to bed. Egg whites or some steak. Add something
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

Yes been thinking of adding a bite before bed just worried about fat storing over night.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

first off please rid your thought process of the nutritional myths.....eat your carbs whenever you want or before your workouts, that's what I do, you don't have to have carbs directly post workout nor do you have to have a meal pre bed, in fact a lot will argue it blunts gh release during sleep. do you have a basic tdee calculated? also try replacing some of your 4 shakes with food...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

No I don't. Idk how.
    I take my shakes single scoop 4 times instead of 2 scoops 2 times as it's easier on me. I do eat at those times a well sometimes. Like a hard boiled egg or peanut butter toast.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think my fitness pal has a total daily energy expenditure (tdee) calculator.. u can just google TDEE and u will find one.. proceed to plug in your numbers and
    wha-la! u got a baseline.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

I have my fitness pal. Based on it I only need 2050 calories. I am generally right around there.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Big55 View Post
    Yes been thinking of adding a bite before bed just worried about fat storing over night.
    Fat is only stored by a caloric surplus over time. You cannot get fat if you do not eat enough to reach a surplus. You can still have a SMALL surplus and make great lean gains. the only true way to find out how much you need is trial and error not some online calculator that is so generic and will shoot a random ass number your way.

also why are you eating 11 times a daY? they is beyond pointless and ridiculous. More of a hassell if anything and also using that much whey in a given day. while its a cheap and afforable whey we should always try to strive off whole foods as much as possible and save whey for when we are in a pinch and cannot get those whole foods in our diets hence SUPPLEMENT with them.

Eat larger meals and space them further apart which research shows is more optimal for muscle protein synthesis. eating so often never allows protein levels to reach refractory stages before being spiked again:

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/u...-Tech-2008.pdf
    http://jap.physiology.org/content/106/4/1367.abstract
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/2/533S.short

I highly suggest your read these regarding setting up your calories:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ss-part-1.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ss-part-2.html

I highly suggest you read here regarding your diet:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ts-part-1.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ts-part-2.html

And also my article regarding fatloss

http://www.**********************/for...Look-Your-Best
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

Thanks I'll read up. As for amount of Whey. I do 4 scoops a day of Dymatize. That's the suggested amount in Jim Stopponis workout I'm doing.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks I'll read up. As for amount of Whey. I do 4 scoops a day of Dymatize. That's the suggested amount in Jim Stopponis workout I'm doing.
    You should invest in more WHOLE food seeing whey is very heavily processed. leave it to when you cannot get whole food.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

Also as for to many meals a day. I have stomach problems when I over eat for a given meal so I spread them out. I know it doesn't matter how spread out they are if I'm getting the right amount. Just need to figure out what that is.
    Again, thanks.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Fat is only stored by a caloric surplus over time. You cannot get fat if you do not eat enough to reach a surplus. You can still have a SMALL surplus and make great lean gains. the only true way to find out how much you need is trial and error not some online calculator that is so generic and will shoot a random ass number your way.

also why are you eating 11 times a daY? they is beyond pointless and ridiculous. More of a hassell if anything and also using that much whey in a given day. while its a cheap and afforable whey we should always try to strive off whole foods as much as possible and save whey for when we are in a pinch and cannot get those whole foods in our diets hence SUPPLEMENT with them.

Eat larger meals and space them further apart which research shows is more optimal for muscle protein synthesis. eating so often never allows protein levels to reach refractory stages before being spiked again:

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/u...-Tech-2008.pdf
    http://jap.physiology.org/content/106/4/1367.abstract
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/2/533S.short

I highly suggest your read these regarding setting up your calories:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ss-part-1.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ss-part-2.html

I highly suggest you read here regarding your diet:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ts-part-1.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ts-part-2.html

And also my article regarding fatloss

http://www.**********************/for...Look-Your-Best
    Awesome post TS!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Also as for to many meals a day. I have stomach problems when I over eat for a given meal so I spread them out. I know it doesn't matter how spread out they are if I'm getting the right amount. Just need to figure out what that is.
    Again, thanks.
    really
    eating every hour.
    Thats pointless. Hell IFBB Pro's on enhancing supplements dont even eat that much. I dont see the positives to it. You are never allowing protein levels to reach refractory stages with food constantly overlapping.
    Eating a yogurt is not really a meal, or a few nuts is not really a meal. You would be better off eating a solid 4-5 meals.
  14. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    really
    eating every hour.
    Thats pointless. Hell IFBB Pro's on enhancing supplements dont even eat that much. I dont see the positives to it. You are never allowing protein levels to reach refractory stages with food constantly overlapping.
    Eating a yogurt is not really a meal, or a few nuts is not really a meal. You would be better off eating a solid 4-5 meals.
    Maybe thats the only way he can get all of his food in. He said he has stomach issues when he consumes larger meals.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

Thanks for the links. Very informative.
    So my base line is 1650-1700 calories
    My macros are protein 170g (700 cal) fats 35g (315 cal) and carbs 170g (700 cal)
    After going over my daily diet it looks like this on average.
    Protein 173g fats 55g carbs135g

Since my goal is to get down to 10-12% bf and stay around 165# how does this look?
    I will try to replace a shake with some more lean meat. Fish or chicken
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

I don't know why you refer to 11 meals. I eat 4 meals. And light snacks
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

I don't know why you refer to 11 meals. I eat 4 meals. And light snacks
    Eating 6 nuts is not really a snack, nor is it really beneficial... Just speaking out loud.

Your eating already 1700 calories and you still want to drop a lot more weight, your really going to kill your metabolism
    Are you refeeding or taking cheat meals?
    Your calories are deadly low

I highly suggest you listen to the metabolic damage videos by layne norton on youtube.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

6 nuts! Lol. More like 20-30.
    I have always had a low calorie intake. Like 2000-2300. Don't know why I gained much weight. Always been somewhat active. So 1700 should not be to low for a while.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

6 nuts! Lol. More like 20-30.
    I have always had a low calorie intake. Like 2000-2300. Don't know why I gained much weight. Always been somewhat active. So 1700 should not be to low for a while.
    Thats because you have damaged your metabolism from a prolonged low caloric intake. Hence why you are not getting the most of your performance, nutrition from limting calories and hampering the overall metabolic effects of t3, leptin, and hormone levels
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

So how do I get them back to normal?
    Slowly add calories back? I'm trying to cut weight so would I have to increase cardio days to make up for it?
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

So how do I get them back to normal?
    Slowly add calories back? I'm trying to cut weight so would I have to increase cardio days to make up for it?
    Your already on deadly low calories, addig more cardio would just supress your metabolism and slow it.
    Honestly dude you are shortchanging your body,
    You dont refeed, you dont take cheat meals, your hormones i bet hate you. Have you ever got bloodwork done?
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not to mention slow metabolism and a semi-starvation body state. Your body may actually store more fat with this approach.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

No. Haven't had blood work done in some time.
    I hear what I'm doing wrong but what tips to get back on the right track??
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

No. Haven't had blood work done in some time.
    I hear what I'm doing wrong but what tips to get back on the right track??
    Please read the articles i linked you to, thats why i did.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 03:09 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 11:49 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 06:25 AM
  4. Feel free to criticize my nutrition :)
    By pocketboy in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 05:11 PM
  5. My wife is hurting my nutrition efforts
    By Yimen E.Cricket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 10:17 AM