Whole eggs > yolk free egg subsitute

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Effects of carbohydrate restriction and dietary cholesterol provided by eggs on clinical risk factors in metabolic syndrome.

Abstract
BACKGROUND: There are a limited number of clinical interventions evaluating the effects of dietary cholesterol in individuals at elevated risk for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effects of whole egg intake in adults with metabolic syndrome (MetS).

METHODS: Men (n = 12) and women (n = 25) with MetS were instructed to follow a moderate carbohydrate-restricted diet (<30% energy) and randomly assigned to consume either three whole eggs (EGG, n = 20) or egg substitute (SUB, n = 17)/d for 12 weeks. Dietary intake, MetS parameters, and body composition were assessed at baseline and post-intervention.

RESULTS: Total carbohydrate (P < .001) intake decreased in all participants over time. The EGG group consumed more dietary cholesterol (P < .001) and choline (P < .001) than the SUB group. MetS was reduced in both groups, with improvements noted in dyslipidemia and decreases in waist circumference (P < .01), weight (P < .001), and percent body fat (P < .001). Reductions in plasma tumor necrosis factor-α (P < .001) and serum amyloid A (P < .05) were seen in the EGG group only. Notably, increases in dietary cholesterol were associated with reductions in plasma tumor necrosis factor-α (r = -0.340, P = .04). Plasma C-reactive protein, adiponectin, interleukin-6 interleukin-10, and cell adhesion molecules were unaffected by the intervention.

CONCLUSIONS: These results demonstrate that on a moderate carbohydrate background diet, accompanied by weight loss, the inclusion of whole eggs improves inflammation to a greater extent than yolk-free egg substitute in those with MetS

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whole eggs in general should be a staple. Great nutrients and also pack a ton of vitamins/minerals

Just got my bloodwork done off eating 5-6 a day

My Cholesterol levels improved

Dem Saturated fats :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eggs are the best inexpensive source of protein. Don't know why so many people are afraid to eat the best part of the egg, the yolk.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Eggs are the best inexpensive source of protein. Don't know why so many people are afraid to eat the best part of the egg, the yolk.
The Fats bro.. THE FATS!!!
People are going to get FAT!

i cringe when i see people throw away 12-18 egg yolks. Just fit it into your calories (well at least some of them) dont get me wrong using some whites is cool but throwing them all away to use 1/2 tbsp oil instead of an egg yolk is pretty crazy. Maybe its just me?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The Fats bro.. THE FATS!!!
People are going to get FAT!

i cringe when i see people throw away 12-18 egg yolks. Just fit it into your calories (well at least some of them) dont get me wrong using some whites is cool but throwing them all away to use 1/2 tbsp oil instead of an egg yolk is pretty crazy. Maybe its just me?
On point here.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I've always enjoyed the yolk I try to eat 2 hard boiled eggs a day for good health

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always enjoyed the yolk I try to eat 2 hard boiled eggs a day for good health
Oh yea, I'll boil up a dozen eggs every Sunday and snack on them throughout the week. Really good in my lunches and for a snack late at night. I can't see any reason not to eat the whole egg, if your counting calories just factor them in!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
we all know the yolk is were they get myot12......
:haha: