AM smoothy during a low carb Cut?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Was thinking of replacing the frozen fruit in my protein / ice blend with frozen veggies. Do you think I might gag? Do you think this is an effective idea? Got any ideas?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious how that turns out.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Was thinking of replacing the frozen fruit in my protein / ice blend with frozen veggies. Do you think I might gag? Do you think this is an effective idea? Got any ideas?
Use pumpkin (puree is easiest I enjoy it from the can) a lot of great recipes around for those shakes, add either pumpkin or vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice for a basic one.

Low carb, high fibre and nutrient dense.

Tried a few green smoothies, never got a taste I enjoyed.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Pumpkin is pretty tasty. Also. . .believe it or not, frozen broccoli (buy chopped broc), when blended isn't too bad.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Nice! Will try the canned pumpkin and frozen broc - sounds convenient too!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Interesting idea. Vege shakes and I do not agree but if you can stomach it, then the more power to you :D

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Well I looked in the freezer this AM and all I found was a bag of lima beans - threw that in with chocolate protein powder and was really surprised how great it tasted! And how much better I felt throughout the morning than from frozen fruit and protein powder. Will be getting the pumpkin and broc next visit to the grocery store and I think a bunch of different beans! Thanks for the suggestions Guys! I think this change will really have a positive effect on training and life in general....Cut or not, I think this is the going to be the way to go....