Help

tpearson92

Awards
Guys I need help with a diet for muscle building I am taking the creative the protein and pre workout but I find myself drinking shakes and eating bars more than actual food I was wondering if anyone had any links for a diet for a clean bulk and I'm just confused on when to eat carbs and can I eat after a run and so on.....thank you for your time and patience for my problem
Taylor P

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys I need help with a diet for muscle building I am taking the creative the protein and pre workout but I find myself drinking shakes and eating bars more than actual food I was wondering if anyone had any links for a diet for a clean bulk and I'm just confused on when to eat carbs and can I eat after a run and so on.....thank you for your time and patience for my problem Taylor P
Age and Weight
What's your current training split? And do you count calories?

tpearson92

Awards
21 168 I'm currently working chest then back then legs arms and shoulder/traps then off.... I know I need to probably follow a guideline split better up for any opinions

tpearson92

Awards
No I don't know how to calculate how much to take it I can lift just nutrition is rough

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well start counting ya calories, simple and easy and helps you get a better gauge for where your time and money is going.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are smartphone apps that can help keep track of calories. MyFitnessPal is one. I use Protein Tracker (iPhone).

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
If you want to build muscle... EAT!!!

basic guidelines to follow.... aim for 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight, this should mostly come from lean meats, eggs, keep shakes to a minimum (postWO being most important)
Carbs- 1.5-2 grams per lb of bw, rice, sweet potatoes, grains. IMO (others may differ) the majority of your carbs should be around your workout. but if your looking to put size on, carbs should be in every meal except your last.
Fats- very important, make sure to be using oils (coconut, olive) and nuts are great sources.

Being a beginner, it would be highly beneficial to track your calories and macros, this way you can easily find where your maintenance is at and you can easily add/drop calories to better achieve your goal. I use myfitnisspal app.