Going below 8%bf

  1. Going below 8%bf


    So, I usually do 2 months bulking and 1 of cutting but I never get really shredded..
    Let's say I get around 9% by dropping 400kcal of my mantainance, keep my protein at 0.85g/lbs (to 1g/lbs if I use ECA or Albuterol), fats at least 80g and fill the rest with carbs.

    In the last cutting I introduced also 1 reefed/week (calories as mantainance and don't counting macros too much, just to give a shock to my body) and I found it very useful.

    What advices do you guys have to get under 8%?

  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    So, I usually do 2 months bulking and 1 of cutting but I never get really shredded..
    Let's say I get around 9% by dropping 400kcal of my mantainance, keep my protein at 0.85g/lbs (to 1g/lbs if I use ECA or Albuterol), fats at least 80g and fill the rest with carbs.

    In the last cutting I introduced also 1 reefed/week (calories as mantainance and don't counting macros too much, just to give a shock to my body) and I found it very useful.

    What advices do you guys have to get under 8%?
    Exactly this
    Make sure your training heavy
    But you may need longer than 1 month to get a little leaner, Incorporate some forms of cardio (link below):

    http://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-0...e-3-12-13.html

    This is a 1 hour listen, but will shock you regarding cardio and its benefits and how some forms are more catabolic than you think (long bouts of LISS)

    Keep the refeeds those are essential, but make sure your counting calories this will aid you greatly. Seems like you have a good grasp on diet, what kind of training are you doing?
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  3. This ^^ is a longer listen, but well worth the insight. This article is what prompted me to join up a crossfit gym 3 days a week (think high intensity cardio for short periods of time). Let it run in the background while you work. *2
    Mark Moore
    Olympia, WA
    •   
       

  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by nwlinux View Post
    This ^^ is a longer listen, but well worth the insight. This article is what prompted me to join up a crossfit gym 3 days a week (think high intensity cardio for short periods of time). Let it run in the background while you work. *2
    Crossfit is MUCH Longer than a 10 minute HIIT session.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  5. Also, (mostly for new peeps showing up to read this), refeed doesnt mean CHEAT. That is all :-)
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    Also, (mostly for new peeps showing up to read this), refeed doesnt mean CHEAT. That is all :-)
    Nothing wrong with cheat meals. They have their place, Some contest prep coaches utilize only cheat meals and their clients come in shredded and win shows (Dave Palumo and his clients anyone?)

    Shelby Starnes has his clients take cheat meals, guess what that guy has a few procards to his name

    Jason Theobald --> Cheat meals, and yes he has plenty of pro cards men and women to his name

    Everyone skins the cat different.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  7. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    Nothing wrong with cheat meals. They have their place, Some contest prep coaches utilize only cheat meals and their clients come in shredded and win shows (Dave Palumo and his clients anyone?)

    Shelby Starnes has his clients take cheat meals, guess what that guy has a few procards to his name

    Jason Theobald --> Cheat meals, and yes he has plenty of pro cards men and women to his name

    Everyone skins the cat different.
    Important part is consistency.

    No matter what you do be consistent and make subtle not drastic changes

  8. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Exactly this
    Make sure your training heavy
    But you may need longer than 1 month to get a little leaner, Incorporate some forms of cardio (link below):

    http://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-0...e-3-12-13.html

    This is a 1 hour listen, but will shock you regarding cardio and its benefits and how some forms are more catabolic than you think (long bouts of LISS)

    Keep the refeeds those are essential, but make sure your counting calories this will aid you greatly. Seems like you have a good grasp on diet, what kind of training are you doing?
    Why cardio? I mean.. Cardio is just for burning calories right? So I just need to eat less.. The point is.. is 400-500kcal deficit enough? Because I wouldn't burn muscle too lol

    About training right now I'm bulking, but I usually change my routine. I like push/pull 4 day split or single muscle per 5 day split


    About reefed/cheat. I usually do reefed so just hitting my maintenance calories. But yea sometimes I go for a cheat meal while cutting (so basically just going above the maintenance)

    Right now I'm bulking and I should be around 11% (even if with caliper counting etc the result is 9.5%).. Last time I cut with abluterol I went around 9%, but I didn't really enjoyed it.. I think ECA is much powerful

  9. Reducing calories are last resort IMO.


    You don't need a 500 deficit to lose weight man. Even 100 cal drop can cause weight reduction

    Slow and consistent bro. Song be to eager to speed the process
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Reducing calories are last resort IMO.


    You don't need a 500 deficit to lose weight man. Even 100 cal drop can cause weight reduction

    Slow and consistent bro. Song be to eager to speed the process
    Exactly
    Faster drop in kcals = quicker to lose muscle, quicker to drop letpin levels and a faster way to crash metabolsim
    SLOWER = BETTER
    Its a maraton not a sprint.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    Why cardio? I mean.. Cardio is just for burning calories right? So I just need to eat less.. The point is.. is 400-500kcal deficit enough? Because I wouldn't burn muscle too lol

    About training right now I'm bulking, but I usually change my routine. I like push/pull 4 day split or single muscle per 5 day split


    About reefed/cheat. I usually do reefed so just hitting my maintenance calories. But yea sometimes I go for a cheat meal while cutting (so basically just going above the maintenance)

    Right now I'm bulking and I should be around 11% (even if with caliper counting etc the result is 9.5%).. Last time I cut with abluterol I went around 9%, but I didn't really enjoyed it.. I think ECA is much powerful
    Before you even responded or quoted my post did you even bother to listen to the podcast?
    No offense, if you even listened to half of the podcast you would see why some forms of cardio would be benficial, even in the offseason and while bulking...
    Please listen.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  11. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Exactly
    Faster drop in kcals = quicker to lose muscle, quicker to drop letpin levels and a faster way to crash metabolsim
    SLOWER = BETTER
    Its a maraton not a sprint.



    Before you even responded or quoted my post did you even bother to listen to the podcast?
    No offense, if you even listened to half of the podcast you would see why some forms of cardio would be benficial, even in the offseason and while bulking...
    Please listen.
    OFC I'll not drop 500kcal immediately it's a slow process..
    Btw, don't have time to listen 1hour of talking srs

  12. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Exactly
    Faster drop in kcals = quicker to lose muscle, quicker to drop letpin levels and a faster way to crash metabolsim
    SLOWER = BETTER
    Its a maraton not a sprint.



    Before you even responded or quoted my post did you even bother to listen to the podcast?
    No offense, if you even listened to half of the podcast you would see why some forms of cardio would be benficial, even in the offseason and while bulking...
    Please listen.
    aint nobody got time fo' dat
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    OFC I'll not drop 500kcal immediately it's a slow process..
    Btw, don't have time to listen 1hour of talking srs
    I drop calories to about 250 below then taper down. Hit up Breezy's thread (a member here); his progress and cut speaks volumes.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    OFC I'll not drop 500kcal immediately it's a slow process..
    Btw, don't have time to listen 1hour of talking srs

    You have time to post on a forum? LIsten to it while you browse your computer or do emails etc.
    You can always do it in segments.

    1 hour goes a long ways ot learning and understanding why its important, and the benefits behind it.
    There is a law of dimishing returns on just dropping calories to get shredded, people have to use different ways and different forms of cardio to get to superior leanness.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I drop calories to about 250 below then taper down. Hit up Breezy's thread (a member here); his progress and cut speaks volumes.
    yea bu the point is.. except what I'm usually doing, is there anything else? idk why join under 8% is like a wall for me

  16. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    You have time to post on a forum? LIsten to it while you browse your computer or do emails etc.
    You can always do it in segments.

    1 hour goes a long ways ot learning and understanding why its important, and the benefits behind it.
    There is a law of dimishing returns on just dropping calories to get shredded, people have to use different ways and different forms of cardio to get to superior leanness.
    I would usually agree, but snags didnt do any cardio and got shredded.

    I do like HIIT year round though
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I would usually agree, but snags didnt do any cardio and got shredded.

    I do like HIIT year round though
    Some can get away with it. Most really cant, Genetics play a major role. (depending on how lean you truly want to get)
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  18. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    Some can get away with it. Most really cant, Genetics play a major role. (depending on how lean you truly want to get)
    Metabolic capacity plays a huge role in that. Dude is very heavily muscled. Eats a ton just to maintain. Any slight change will make him drop weight. And he does it slow. Meticulous.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    yea bu the point is.. except what I'm usually doing, is there anything else? idk why join under 8% is like a wall for me
    I think the solution has you covered. I haven't listened to the podcast but its from Layne Norton, so you can assume it will be good (I've downloaded it).

    Getting down to <8% is no easy feat. Refeeds and cardio will go a long way to helping you out.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I think the solution has you covered. I haven't listened to the podcast but its from Layne Norton, so you can assume it will be good (I've downloaded it).

    Getting down to <8% is no easy feat. Refeeds and cardio will go a long way to helping you out.
    So basically just have to keep doing as I'm doing?

    You said to give a look to a user's topic here can you link it? Thx

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    So basically just have to keep doing as I'm doing?

    You said to give a look to a user's topic here can you link it? Thx
    Yeah. Sure man. Check out his progress here: breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

    Probably one of the best Logs on this board ever; detailed with lots of videos, new ideas and food.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  22. every how many days do you guys suggest raise or decrease the calorie (by 100) if no/slow(less than 0.5lbs/week) weight gaining/loss?
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    every how many days do you guys suggest raise or decrease the calorie (by 100) if no/slow(less than 0.5lbs/week) weight gaining/loss?
    There is a law of dimishing returns on just lowering calories, Hence why i suggested adding cardio.
    You would also benefit from refeeds, but i have touched on those already.

    If you want to just Lower calories and not change anything else, see what happens. You could strike gold, but you could find much better success with cardio and refeeds. Since they would raise leptin, hormones, and metaoblism to aid in better fat burning/fat loss.

    My 2 cents.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  24. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    There is a law of dimishing returns on just lowering calories, Hence why i suggested adding cardio.
    You would also benefit from refeeds, but i have touched on those already.

    If you want to just Lower calories and not change anything else, see what happens. You could strike gold, but you could find much better success with cardio and refeeds. Since they would raise leptin, hormones, and metaoblism to aid in better fat burning/fat loss.

    My 2 cents.
    Agreed. Do this
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  25. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    There is a law of dimishing returns on just lowering calories, Hence why i suggested adding cardio.
    You would also benefit from refeeds, but i have touched on those already.

    If you want to just Lower calories and not change anything else, see what happens. You could strike gold, but you could find much better success with cardio and refeeds. Since they would raise leptin, hormones, and metaoblism to aid in better fat burning/fat loss.

    My 2 cents.
    I got it but this doesn't answer my question
  26. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    I got it but this doesn't answer my question
    Yes it does
    You wanted advice on how to get below 8%
    Implement Refeeds
    Implement Cardio

    Some people cannot get very very lean unless they do both.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  27. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Yes it does
    You wanted advice on how to get below 8%
    Implement Refeeds
    Implement Cardio

    Some people cannot get very very lean unless they do both.
    please read again the post you answered at..
    "every how many days do you guys suggest raise or decrease the calorie (by 100) if no/slow(less than 0.5lbs/week) weight gaining/loss?"
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    please read again the post you answered at..
    "every how many days do you guys suggest raise or decrease the calorie (by 100) if no/slow(less than 0.5lbs/week) weight gaining/loss?"

    All you talk about is lowering calories and you negate all the information regarding refeeds and cardio
    There is plenty of links and information for you to gather that has been posted.

    Sometimes 100 kcals is not needed, sometimes 10 extra min of cardio gets the ball rolling
    Sometimes keeping put on a stall and there is a decrease the following week via a Woosh
    Sometimes a 50kcal drop is all that is needed

    too individual to place X number everytime you need a drop. The body does not work that way.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  29. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    All you talk about is lowering calories and you negate all the information regarding refeeds and cardio
    There is plenty of links and information for you to gather that has been posted.

    Sometimes 100 kcals is not needed, sometimes 10 extra min of cardio gets the ball rolling
    Sometimes keeping put on a stall and there is a decrease the following week via a Woosh
    Sometimes a 50kcal drop is all that is needed

    too individual to place X number everytime you need a drop. The body does not work that way.
    this is more complete
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Tricks for getting below 8% bf?
    By hawkhamilton in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 05:49 AM
  2. BK's going for 5% BF in 2012 with LOTS of goodies!
    By BigKrabbe in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 01:36 AM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 02:19 AM
  4. Going from 13.3%bf to 11%, help?
    By ih8uselessppl in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 02:08 PM
  5. Should I be going below paralelle on squats?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Log in
Log in