Nutrition for Teenage Football Player

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Need help please. My 16 year old, 235 lb, 6'1" nose tackle football player wants to gain 30 lbs by next year. As teenagers do, all my nutrition advice is ignored. Anyone have links to teenage minded nutrition sites or articles? Thanks. I want him to do this being health conscious and not pack on 30 lbs of fat.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
maybe you can help him by purchasing good nutritious foods, keep the junk out of the cupboards.. also buy a couple flashy tubs of protein so he drinks something like that instead of eating ice cream and cake..
u have a lot more control than you think. also try to get him into the gym with u more during off season.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
maybe you can help him by purchasing good nutritious foods, keep the junk out of the cupboards.. also buy a couple flashy tubs of protein so he drinks something like that instead of eating ice cream and cake..
u have a lot more control than you think. also try to get him into the gym with u more during off season.
Agree with you. Problem is when he's out of the house or with his father. Figured I'd print out the above articles and let him read them. Thanks.