Powerlifing diet help

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
So I know the typical powerlifting diet is eat whatever u want kids **** just make sure u have high protein and stuff. My question is I'm trying to loose weight while getting stronger and once I get to my weight class I want to maintain my bodyweight while still adding strength. I haven't really seen much on this. Would it just be a high protein maintenance cals kinda thing or would there be a specific macro %s? Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Actually, look at the top powerlifters in the world and their diet is spot on.

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/08/30/optimal-nutrition-for-strength-performance/ < Basic stuff

Also check out carb cycling. You'll be bound to loose some strength. My intentions are to just hang out around 205 and then cut the last 7lbs of water right before weighins.

Are you still on the 'bench only' routine?
Ight sounds good ill look those up. Haha u remembered! I'm still focusing mainly on bench but I have added a leg day. No squats or deads yet baby steps ;/ I just posted another thread regarding a bench form question. I say this because in It I mention I have a elite level powerlifter giving me some tips and I can finally get a good set up with leg drive thanks to him. So I've added legs back into the mix to aid in my bench quest for glory!

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I think the idea of eat everything you possibly comes from SHW's who can compete at 308, or at 410. Why not eat everything and get as heavy as possible. If you look at the guys in the lower weight classes you'll see some strict performance dieting.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Thanks for ur input I'm gonna try to get a structured diet. Sean thanks for that link bro beans that's an awesome article I'm definitely going to use that to help me make my eating program.