Infrared Saunas + or - Muscle/Tendon Inflammation??

LB_Patriot

Awards
I've been using the infrared sauna for about a month or so while healing a strained Rectus Femoris Tendon so I can still get a nice "cardio sweat" without having to over exert myself.

Finding solid information on infrared saunas is difficult on the web because most websites who talk about them either sell them or charge people to use them, therefore they will talk it up of course to make more sales.

Pros And Cons Of A Sauna | LIVESTRONG.COM This website says it can INCREASE muscle inflammation

Far Infrared Sauna - FAQs This website says its reduces inflammation.

WHAT GIVES?!?!

I definitely feel refreshed and loose after the sauna, aches and pains are definitely reduced, but that doesnt mean im not causing more damage to myself.

Can anyone provide some feedback here please?

Thanks,

MiKe

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
what would be the reason for this "cardio sweat?"

you arnt "melting fat" if thats what youre thinking.

LB_Patriot

Awards
what would be the reason for this "cardio sweat?"

you arnt "melting fat" if thats what youre thinking.

Me knows this. I like sweating. It feels good to get rid of toxins in your skin/body through sweating. Something wrong with liking to get my hr up and sweat????? Fat is burned through different pathways and training variations

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Me knows this. I like sweating. It feels good to get rid of toxins in your skin/body through sweating. Something wrong with liking to get my hr up and sweat????? Fat is burned through different pathways and training variations
ok not sure on the toxins part, but fair answer

id go for icing for tendon injuries. or go home and do ice-heat alternations for 20 min each

LB_Patriot

Awards
ok not sure on the toxins part, but fair answer

id go for icing for tendon injuries. or go home and do ice-heat alternations for 20 min each
Good call. I actually did hot/cold alternations yesterday on my rotator cuff and it feels a lot better. going to try on my quad.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Contrast therapy studies have been getting better and better lately, If you know someone thats an NSCA member they recently dropped a study on it and looks pretty good IMO.