Fastest Way to Rehydrate?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried coconut water, sports drinks, chugged water, etc... Other than having an IV of saline, what's the fastest way to rehydrate myself

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Instead of "rehydrating" just stay hydrated. No point in ever letting your body get dehydrated?
Absolutely--to take it one further, "pre-hydrate" by attending to hydration in the hours ahead of a depleting event.

At any rate "chugging" anything is not the way to go--steady consistent drinking is much more effective. Downing a beverage of choice as fast as possible is a great way to induce urination, hydration not so much.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should I stick to water, coconut water, pickle juice? I sweat a lot and have gotten lightheaded due to dehydration. What would you guys say is the best way to prehydrate

wrathman10

Awards
Just drink 1-2 gals of water a day and if you can deal with coconut water drink one it will help with cramps and staying hydrated. That's my way being in the desert.

cmitch

cmitch

Awards
I wake up and drink two or three cups of water before I take my pre workout and head to the gym. And I carry around a gallon with me everywhere I go. Easy to track how much you are drinking. I usually go through like one and a half, but some days more or less. There's not really a perfect number or anything for how much water or when to drink more. Just stay hydrated throughout the day. Pay attention to your body and you will be fine!

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
I wake up and drink two or three cups of water before I take my pre workout and head to the gym. And I carry around a gallon with me everywhere I go. Easy to track how much you are drinking. I usually go through like one and a half, but some days more or less. There's not really a perfect number or anything for how much water or when to drink more. Just stay hydrated throughout the day. Pay attention to your body and you will be fine!
Absolutely.
The secret to hydration isn't in what one drinks, but in simply drinking.

The only time electrolyte replacement (which coconut water, pickle juice, Gatorade, etc) is crucial in staying hydrated is during extended (endurance especially) activities

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not in any appreciable sense. B-Vitamins MAY help give you energy (if you are deficient in one of the eight), but won't do much for hydration
Do you know of any supplements that might help?

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Do you know of any supplements that might help?
Hate to be an a$s, but water does a good job.

Seriously, supplements won't aid hydration. Electrolytes can help in fluid retention & performance 'sweaty' environments, but the best way to stay hydrated is w/ high quality H2O

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
dasanibol

aquafinastine

poland springadrol

.....sorry, I had to :(

gymrat727

gymrat727

Awards
Technically speaking the fastest way to re hydrate will be an IV however you should never become dehydrated. Keep a gallon jug by you and drink that all day.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's still a valid question depending on WHY he is asking.

I'm currently water loading/sodium for a few days and then dehydrating in order to weigh-in in a lower weight class. After that I'll rehydrate with Pedialyte and glycine immediately after weigh-ins followed by water and a crap load of food the rest of the day.

I would just drink something with electrolytes. Not salt water. Hence the Pedialyte.