Protein Intake ---> Reference from Alan Aragon:

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I'm 210 and sitting about 10% and eat 125-150 grams a day (in addition to ~40 grams of BCAA's)

Eating very clean, using SENSIBLE macro's, macro-timing/manipulation, consistent training are the name of the game.

Daily for me:
    125-150 P
    150 F
    50-100 C (mainly greens and fibrous varieties)

NOT TRYING TO PREACH or STIR THE POT but I stopped listening and subscribing to the scams, overhyped advertising tricks, solicited bro-science and lies of the supplement industry (especially related to protein consumption)

I have never been leaner, thicker and just aesthetically "better" - not to mention the lack of bloat and overall feeling of tightness in my midsection from moving past the bro-gospel of protein over-abundance.

Just my spin
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

2. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I'm 210 and sitting about 10% and eat 125-150 grams a day (in addition to ~40 grams of BCAA's)

Eating very clean, using SENSIBLE macro's, macro-timing/manipulation, consistent training are the name of the game.

Daily for me:
    125-150 P
    150 F

NOT TRYING TO PREACH or STIR THE POT but I stopped listening and subscribing to the scams, overhyped advertising tricks, solicited bro-science and lies of the supplement industry (especially related to protein consumption)

I have never been leaner, thicker and just aesthetically "better" - not to mention the lack of bloat and overall feeling of tightness in my midsection from moving past the bro-gospel of protein over-abundance.

Just my spin
    I just like to eat dead animals. So my protein is high. If I manage carbs that's when I see the best physique
    •   

3. So at 230lbs ive been eating 290 to 300g daily and 350 on workout days am I way overdoing it

4. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I'm 210 and sitting about 10% and eat 125-150 grams a day (in addition to ~40 grams of BCAA's)

Daily for me:
    125-150 P
    150 F

Just my spin
    Are you cutting or is this your normal amount of food? Seems very low for someone your size.

5. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I just like to eat dead animals. So my protein is high. If I manage carbs that's when I see the best physique
    Im an old fart in my 40's. I love the same...but any excess whatsoever just doesn't agree with me anymore.
    Constipation, bloat, sluggish/lethargy. Even with digestive enzymes and betaine HCL and ginger. Just cant do iot anymore hence the large quanties of aminos ($$$)

Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    So at 230lbs ive been eating 290 to 300g daily and 350 on workout days am I way overdoing it
    Well, maybe. Sort of depends on your goals, phenotype, kcal and other macros.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysiii View Post
    Are you cutting or is this your normal amount of food? Seems very low for someone your size.
    Maintenance. My metabolism sorta stinks

I am convinced the amino's I slam pre/peri/post-w/o and throughout the entire day (despite the prodigious expense) have been key to many things for me.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"

6. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Geez, I dont think I could even munch down 300g let alone 500. One day...
    yeah I hear now and again ppl trying to reinvent the wheel by eating a ton of protein.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    So at 230lbs ive been eating 290 to 300g daily and 350 on workout days am I way overdoing it
    I'd say you prob do ..I'd run 200g and 250g. Cut back a bit and see how it goes. I literaly can sense my body not using anymore than 250g normally and tops 300g when im juicing. I do have many days where I eat about 200g. I had some bloodwork done while I was eating 300g of protein and kidneys were def working a little harder.
    I also have heard Kevin Levrone saying he only ate about 300g preping for shows which I believe him.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I am convinced the amino's I slam pre/peri/post-w/o and throughout the entire day (despite the prodigious expense) have been key to many things for me.
    By aminos do you mean BCAAs or BCAAs and other aminos? I'm also in my 40 s and looking into changing my protein and global calories intake to some extend.

9. Subbed for later reading.
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post

Eh... slamming BCAA's all day never leaves your body to reach any refractory period from constant elevation.
    Would be best to keep them to intra-workout or to between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart:

http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/o...nd-muscle-mass
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Eh... slamming BCAA's all day never leaves your body to reach any refractory period from constant elevation.
    Would be best to keep them to intra-workout or to between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart:

Ill do aminos every 3 hours.

Wake up aminos
    Post workout aminos

1-2 hours later meal

3 hours later aminos
    3 hours later more aminos

Dinner

I do 8 hours between my 2 meals
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Ill do aminos every 3 hours.

Wake up aminos
    Post workout aminos

1-2 hours later meal

3 hours later aminos
    3 hours later more aminos

Dinner

I do 8 hours between my 2 meals
    This?

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

6 AM: 5-15 minutes pre-workout: 10 g BCAA.
    6-7 AM: Training.
    8 AM: 10 g BCAA.
    10 AM: 10 g BCAA
    12-1 PM: The "real" post-workout meal (largest meal of the day). Start of the 8 hour feeding-window.
    8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

13. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

This?

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

6 AM: 5-15 minutes pre-workout: 10 g BCAA.
    6-7 AM: Training.
    8 AM: 10 g BCAA.
    10 AM: 10 g BCAA
    12-1 PM: The "real" post-workout meal (largest meal of the day). Start of the 8 hour feeding-window.
    8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.
    Yea but I eat at a certain time 60% cals then 40% at another meal. I don't do multiple feedings not 3 not 6. 2 is what works for me and I have aminos 2 times between real post workout window an last meal of the day
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Yea but I eat at a certain time 60% cals then 40% at another meal. I don't do multiple feedings not 3 not 6. 2 is what works for me and I have aminos 2 times between real post workout window an last meal of the day
    Shows how the body is not a textbook and different things works for different people!

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rostam View Post
    By aminos do you mean BCAAs or BCAAs and other aminos? I'm also in my 40 s and looking into changing my protein and global calories intake to some extend.
    BCAA's

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Interesting! Thanks

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 12:31 PM
  2. Protein intake per meal...
    By massmonster in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 10:52 AM
  3. Disproportionate Protein Intake and Oxidative Loss of Aminos
    By Beowulf in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 08:06 AM
  4. calculating calories and protein intake????
    By guyfromkop in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 04:34 PM
  5. Protein intake when on and off cycle
    By Syr in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 02:50 AM