Carb cycling - AnabolicMinds.com

Carb cycling

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Carb cycling

As I'm pretty low of bf (around 9%), I find very hard losing fat now and get very ripped, even with strong supplements.
    The thing I forgot about was carb cycling.. I know this is very useful for who is below 10%bf and wants to get even lower..
    I did it long time ago, but I exactly don't remember how works, I just remember one day should be HIGH carb (or even 2 days if you're below 7%), but I don't exactly remember the formula of HOW MANY should it be!
    Can you help me?

Thank you

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Timed carb works for me, 30% pre and 50% post with the rest through fruits and veggies
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

pre and post what?
    and i just thought... what about refeeds, should be still considered as "hi carb day"?
    and those techniques should be used just on cutting or can be used even in bulking when that low of bf?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Carbs. Refeeds are fantastic as well, every 2nd sunday is a refeed for me. I still stay sweet tators and such but double the carb intake and lower pro
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

so basically once a week i should just raise carbs a lot and lower prots right?
    this is valid just for cutting? calories could be raised more than mantainance?
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    so basically once a week i should just raise carbs a lot and lower prots right?
    this is valid just for cutting? calories could be raised more than mantainance?
    If you do an all out depletion during your low carb days and workout the entire body before your carb you could up to as high as 12-16g per kg of LBM.
    All grains and starches, keep sugar under 100g and fructose under 50g and fat as low as possible I shoot for no more than 50g. Protein stays normal for me thats 200g.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    If you do an all out depletion during your low carb days and workout the entire body before your carb you could up to as high as 12-16g per kg of LBM.
    All grains and starches, keep sugar under 100g and fructose under 50g and fat as low as possible I shoot for no more than 50g. Protein stays normal for me thats 200g.
    LOL WHAT? more than 1kg of carbs?
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Qonix View Post
    LOL WHAT? more than 1kg of carbs?
    If you go on an all out depletion phase otherwise it would be best to cut that back significantly

If you do not do that i would suggest a 20% increase in calories above maintenance, set protein to 1g/lbm, set fat under 40g then allot calories for carbs

ex. 2800 + 20% = 3360

3360- 800cals (protein 200gx4) = 2560

2560- 450 (Fat 50gx9) = 2110cal

2110/4= 527g

Adjust as needed if you bloat up it could be do too much sugar or fructose or fat intake. Olive oil, vinegar all help with carb ups so i suggest those fats although theyre arent as tasty as pizza and donuts. My best carb ups are when I focus on brown rice and Oats.

Dry carb ups are an option but suck butt and i would recommend them at least not for optimal muscle performance.
    Another note carbs up are the perfect scene to increase creatine consumption, creatine might help with carb ups as well. Berberine I use often on y carb ups (1200g) and does a nice job of keeping my nice lean and fully pumped.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What your creating here is carb tolerance, similar to when we think of insulin sensitivity. By allowing a period of depletion the body, like a sponge with water, will go dry. At this time having such a high carbohydrate intake will be soaked up to the right storages - liver and somatic muscle. It is higher than one may think (done properly) as stated above of course there is a limit.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i used to follow the low fat lower protonz route until i read some of alan aragons work.. it doesn't do you any favors to avoid fats and lower proteins.
    i follow body opus and have for several yrs. CKD .. with full depletion and (used) to even time carbs every 2 hrs. there is no difference in the effect. so you might as well enjoy your carb ups and have some pizza!

regardless, CDK and the likes truly work best for me.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  11. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Aww man good old carb cycling i remember doing that! It's not hard at all you just have to make a plan and stuck to it. That's the biggest key to any of it. I think you should make sure you follow a good routine and keep it simple.
  12. New Member

Fruits, vegs and nutrition plan helps me a lot.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carb Cycleing Diet
    By dez/null in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 07:04 PM
  2. carb cycling with krala
    By Sgt. Ownage in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 10:48 AM
  3. CARB CYCLE question/problem
    By rdj6107 in forum Weight Loss