Question about tkd diet

dbrodrive1211

Awards
I've been reading up and I think it's pretty much summed up as" on workout days,eat your carbs before,during,and after your exercise and nothing else."
Makes perfect sense but my question is,are you supposed to be having the same amount as you would on a regular keto or should you be getting more carbs..the reason I ask is because they say you're going to come out of ketosis when you eat before your workout and I didn't think that with the keto or the tkd that you were supposed to but I'm not sure

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been reading up and I think it's pretty much summed up as" on workout days,eat your carbs before,during,and after your exercise and nothing else."
Makes perfect sense but my question is,are you supposed to be having the same amount as you would on a regular keto or should you be getting more carbs..the reason I ask is because they say you're going to come out of ketosis when you eat before your workout and I didn't think that with the keto or the tkd that you were supposed to but I'm not sure
Im pretty sure tkd is a time keto diet. I wouldnt eat something like 300gma of carbs between those three meals but id do something like 50 before/25 intra/50 after.

Its really going to depend on how many carbs your body can handle.

With regular keto though, no you dont want to come out of ketosis unless you have a specified carbup day/meal.

This is timed, so at specific times you ingest carbs and then at other times of the day you keep blood sugar as low as possible.

dbrodrive1211

Awards
Yeah I would probably only eat carbs right before my workout I just didn't know if you're supposed to have the common 30g like you would for a normal keto diet or if you would need to go over that for the tkd.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I would probably only eat carbs right before my workout I just didn't know if you're supposed to have the common 30g like you would for a normal keto diet or if you would need to go over that for the tkd.
Typicaly those 30gms of carbs are just from fiber/trace carbs from veggies or almonds etc.

I would up the amount of carbs by double or a little more. I typicaly do carbs before and after my workout if im running it that way.

jimbo63

Awards
I have been on standard keto diet for over 50 days now and my weightlifting is starting to suffer, with strength etc. I am wanting to try TKD on workout days maybe eating just 30g of carbs before my workout just to help with getting thru the workouts. What is the best carb to eat if I do this before workout??? I want the muscle to be able to use the carbs for the workout if possible then get back into ketosis as soon as possible. I workout on Mon. Tues. Thurs. Fridays. Any info/help would be greatly appreciated everybody, thanks.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
dextrose or malto-dextrin would be a good choice as it will go strait to the muscles and produce a large insulin spike but then also a crash which should help you get back into a near keto state quicker.

ODoyle99

Awards
With a TKD only consume carbs preworkout (maybe intra if needed, but certainly not post). Somewhere around 30g is the sweet spot for me--but it's going to take some experimentation to see what works for you.
Sugar is best. Gummy bears are fine, fun sized candies, etc. Or if you feel too guilty gatorade or something like Glycofuse from Gaspari is good