Nightshift

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.5%

Nightshift

Hi,

I work on shift rotations and every 3rd I'm on nightshift. When I'm on nightshift I have appetite for the first 3 days or so and struggle to put more than 1 meal and a shake into my body without feeling sick. After the first 3 days I ALWAYS wale up with an unbelievable craving for sugar, any kind. Chocolate, syrup, haribos. The whole lot. Completely messes up my diet. Anyone else have the same problem ? If so how do you get round it ?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.65%

I have the same exact issue you have. It's not night shift but with having clients in between different times, its hard to get a meal in and when I actually have the chance to get one in, I am extremely tired and my appetite is there but I feel like I have to force myself to eat at times. I use multi vitamins (iForce Athletic-Multi) for the b-12 which one of it's benefits is helping increase appetite and energy. Although many people find the absorption rate a lot faster injecting it. I also do cardio which IMO helps me out with increasing my appetite after 30 mins or more on the stair master.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.26%
    Achievements Activity Pro

My job has me working over nights for 12 hrs during the winter. Part of my PD is to plow the freeways during snow emergencies or “expected” snow emergencies. So I can feel your pain. What are you putting down the first 3 days? Are you doing a lot of shakes during that time? Understandable if you are due to time consideration. I know I keep a protein shake in the truck with me when I am stuck in the truck.

What I do is I try to stick to my diet as close as possible with the addition of protein shakes. Something that might help you is doing a “pulse” of low carb protein shakes between meals. Problem is that it can get expensive depending on how long you do it for. But the lack of whole food for your body to digest might help you get hungry. I know it was a problem I had before. Also add in some BCAA in there with the shake. What I have used in the past is iForce Protean and NOW BCAA. Though come this winter I will switch to iForce Isotean and NOW BCAA.

So my plan was; Protean when I woke up, PreWO, PostWO, Protean, Whole Food, Protean before bed. Took a couple days and I was right back to being hungry again.

As far as the sweets go. I have some protein recipes that I could give you that would help curb that craving. Just let me know if you want them.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CameronMac View Post
    Hi,

I work on shift rotations and every 3rd I'm on nightshift. When I'm on nightshift I have appetite for the first 3 days or so and struggle to put more than 1 meal and a shake into my body without feeling sick. After the first 3 days I ALWAYS wale up with an unbelievable craving for sugar, any kind. Chocolate, syrup, haribos. The whole lot. Completely messes up my diet. Anyone else have the same problem ? If so how do you get round it ?
    I think in your case, because you're essentially starving for the first 3 days your massive cravings are more than likely akin to being in ketosis. to kill the cravings is something that takes keto dieters a while to master. especially if you are in fact almost dropping into ketosis. use those craving like a reefed and then your diet almost looks like a TKD. I would get some slin sane to take with your meals and recommend you over eat on that first day your appetite returns. the SS will shunt the nutrients towards muscle. currently iForce is working on a monster GDA so unfortunately at this time I cant recommend any but the ones ive tried plus the ones I belive are worth a look.
    slin sane v1 & 2
    slintensity
    burn 24

you could also try starting your morning with a whey protein shake and a dexaprine dose. this might help kill the cravings a little. but remember if your starving for 3 days ... you should definitely feed hard when you can. this should preserve mass but keep u lean too
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nightshifts, Cardio, Sleep. Effects?
    By Zips06 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 01:30 PM