Books related on weight loss by running

R

ritampatra

Awards
Hello,.. I am just a beginner. I just want to shape up my body as I am having a bit of belly fat which bulges forwards. I just want to run run and run . So, I was just asking for any good books which is based on this topic.
How much to run ??
What are the minimum exercise I must do other than running to reduce the bulging ??
What shoes to wear ??
What about the diet ??
etc .. etc...
Any good book plss,... reduce fat by running would help

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
Look up hiit training. You can start off jogging and walking and eventually move up to running and jogging. The shoes kind of a givin, go to finish line , foot locker whatever and find ya some running shoes that are comfortable to you. If you look that up ul find everything you need to know about how long. Since ur new and a beginner im gonna tell you this before everyone else bashes you. That search bar up at the top will find you almost anything you could ever want to know so utilize it before asking questions. Diet wise ur trying to lose fat so ur gona want to decrease you calories. Kind of foods do you eat now? Diet should consist of moderate to high protein moderate to low carbs depending on how ur body handles carbs and low fats and no trans fat!

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
I am a Male. 21 yrs age . 75 Kgs
then unless you totaly frikkin love cardio, you should get into strength training too. just doing cardio to increase cardio expenditure will leave you lookin twigish and weak

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
I agree, strength training will only add to the benefits. The more muscle you have the easier it is to keep that fat off.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hello,.. I am just a beginner. I just want to shape up my body as I am having a bit of belly fat which bulges forwards. I just want to run run and run . So, I was just asking for any good books which is based on this topic.
How much to run ??
What are the minimum exercise I must do other than running to reduce the bulging ??
What shoes to wear ??
What about the diet ??
etc .. etc...
Any good book plss,... reduce fat by running would help
You don't really need a book to answer these questions and some of them are open to interpretation.

How much to run is entirely dependant on what you want to achieve. If it is just fat loss, then simply being in a calorie deficit is what is required (whether that be by increasing calorie expenditure or decreasing food intake is up to you). HIIT work, as opposed to LISS will serve you much better in the long term; it creates a "metabolic afterburn" which increases calorie expenditure at rest whereas just running at low intensity does not.

As for shoes, go into a show clinic and get a professional to examine your walking technique and have them 'prescribe' you a pair of shoes to meet your needs. I also recommend doing this at least once to get an idea of your gait pattern.

For losing fat, a diet in a calorie deficit will do the job. Weight loss is different to health so just eating "cleaner" foods will not aid in weight loss if you are not in a calorie deficit. Better food options are better for overall health though.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
HIIT work, as opposed to LISS will serve you much better in the long term; it creates a "metabolic afterburn" which increases calorie expenditure at rest whereas just running at low intensity does not.
While I agree HIIT has many health benefits, isn't EPOC pretty much negligible? I know duration and intensity cause it to vary but from what I've read on the subject in my exercise physiology classes I was given the impression that LISS and HIIT are fairly even other than the time difference vs calories burned.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While I agree HIIT has many health benefits, isn't EPOC pretty much negligible? I know duration and intensity cause it to vary but from what I've read on the subject in my exercise physiology classes I was given the impression that LISS and HIIT are fairly even other than the time difference vs calories burned.
Even if they were the same calorie burn wise id much rather do less cardio then bw on a treadmill for 30+ minutes.

That being said Layne Norton and Jake Wilson i believe his name is mentioned a study where the effects of HIIT greatly outweighed the effects of LISS iirc.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
LISS and HIIT are vastly different and each affect the body in very different manners:

http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-library/hiit-vs-continuous-endurance-training-battle-of-the-aerobic-titans
http://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-200232010-00003#page-1