Food Prep - AnabolicMinds.com

Food Prep

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  237 lbs.

Food Prep

What have you guys found to be the best way to prep/store larger quantities of food (ex: pounds of rice or chicken) for the week?? Getting really tired of spending my whole day cooking here lol.

I spend a good 3 hours a day (broken up obviously) cooking food for about 6 meals... Really just looking for a few pointers or some experience as to how you guys prepare or store food week by week.

Thanks!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lock tight tupper ware......i crock pot alot too, while baking about 40oz chicken breast....twice a week
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  237 lbs.

I gotcha. Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to look for better ways to do things ya know? Maybe ill try to start up with the crock pot more. That way I can just leave it on while at work and such.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Lock tight tupper ware......i crock pot alot too, while baking about 40oz chicken breast....twice a week
    This and I do big batches of other food I enjoy that ill eat all week like low carb/sodium turkey chili, Shepards pie (with ground turkey and no potatos) , maybe ground turkey spaghetti if I'm bulking up with whole grain pasta or shredded zucchini in place of noodle for low carb. It only takes 10 minutes for breakfest to scramble a half dozen eggs and microwave some turkey bacon , Greek yogurt and juice. I like a fresh dinner every night and my in between meals are usually shakes, fruits, jerky and nuts.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  237 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

This and I do big batches of other food I enjoy that ill eat all week like low carb/sodium turkey chili, Shepards pie (with ground turkey and no potatos) , maybe ground turkey spaghetti if I'm bulking up with whole grain pasta or shredded zucchini in place of noodle for low carb. It only takes 10 minutes for breakfest to scramble a half dozen eggs and microwave some turkey bacon , Greek yogurt and juice. I like a fresh dinner every night and my in between meals are usually shakes, fruits, jerky and nuts.
    Some of that iis typically similar to what I have been doing as well. I really do enjoy fresh breakfast so that probably will not change much. However, I really am finding it hard to maintain my old prep ways with my new job. I like your idea with the chili and others of that sort. Ill definitely have to incorporate some actual good tasting (yet clean and lean) foods I can make in bulk.. Not just brown rice and grilled chicken lol
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Chili in the crock pot, 40 oz chicken in the oven, 40 oz lean ground round on the skillet, a dozen eggs boiling and everything else in between
    www.lgsciences.com
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  237 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Chili in the crock pot, 40 oz chicken in the oven, 40 oz lean ground round on the skillet, a dozen eggs boiling and everything else in between
    Then after I eat all that, alI need to do is GROOWWWW
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Do you have a propane BBQ? you can do meat and veggies together and the fire gives everything a nice taste without the need for a bunch of seasonings and sauces. And you can cook in volume.
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  237 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Do you have a propane BBQ? you can do meat and veggies together and the fire gives everything a nice taste without the need for a bunch of seasonings and sauces. And you can cook in volume.
    Only have charcoal right now :/ normally I'm using the skillet or oven to cook because the charcoal takes so long
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman72 View Post

Only have charcoal right now :/ normally I'm using the skillet or oven to cook because the charcoal takes so long
    Hank hill does not approve of this post
    www.lgsciences.com
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

I found that grilling all meat makes it last way longer then baking.Sucks but the more well done red meat is the longer it lasts(about 4days).I myself grill sat or sun and again wed or thur.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by 67nova View Post
    I found that grilling all meat makes it last way longer then baking.Sucks but the more well done red meat is the longer it lasts(about 4days).I myself grill sat or sun and again wed or thur.
    I usually wake up and throw some chicken or steak on the grill let it cook and flip once while I’m getting ready and I have fresh food every day. BBQ sweet potatoes are fantastic btw.
    Rep For IronFlex

13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  237 lbs.

Well I just wanna say thanks to everyone. Gave me some new ideas I can use... I need to invest in a propane grill as well lol^
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Chicken/veg kabobs are the best reheated. The veggies keep the chicken from drying out to much on the reheat and you get nothing but good stuff on a stick. .......You know you like good stuff on a stick! Don't you , you lil fruitcake?!
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Chicken/veg kabobs are the best reheated. The veggies keep the chicken from drying out to much on the reheat and you get nothing but good stuff on a stick. .......You know you like good stuff on a stick! Don't you , you lil fruitcake?!
    MMMM meat stick... wait... what?
    Rep For IronFlex

Similar Forum Threads

1. ZMA with food.
    By curt2go in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 05:10 PM
  2. College kid needs help with food prep
    By blitzkriegjim in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 12:30 PM
  3. Food of the Gods
    By labrad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 04:46 PM
  4. Eat unhealthy food, or not eating at all?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2002, 10:08 AM
  5. links to nutritional information on many foods
    By hamper19 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2002, 03:34 PM