Protein shakes to replaces meals ?
- 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM
- 07-23-2013, 08:41 PM
I weigh 217 and consume 200-250g protein per day (cutting/recomp you can find my log in nutrtion info). Consuming that much meat gets tedious to b honest. Plus I like to make a protein shake on occasion with my snacks/meals (again, my shakes are 1 scoop, so its really like 2 shakes spread out over the day).
I got the idea of spreading it out from an article I read on here that showed it was more beneficial to consume 25g pre and 25g post than 50g post... figured id give it a shot to spread out the 4 scoops I was taking (2 scoops pre and 2 post) throughout the day. Definitely has helped with keeping my carbs and cals in line. I use Elite Whey (2g carbs per scoop) and EliteXT (blend of slow release proteins,7g carbs per scoop). I have 1 scoop xt in the morning w breakfast, 1 scoop of whey pre and post workout, 1 scoop xt at bed all are mixed with water. This gets me about an extra 100g of quick protein with 18g carbs (I do 30-40g daily) plus it helps me stay full throughout the day and night with the xt. The whey I take for obvious reasons.
Similar Forum Threads
- By warvictim in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 01-30-2008, 02:05 AM
- By JBlaze in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 25Last Post: 05-29-2006, 08:41 PM
- By sundevil04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 23Last Post: 01-01-2006, 05:49 AM
- By CEDeoudes59 in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-23-2005, 12:23 AM
- By spitboy2000 in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 01-29-2005, 12:37 PM