Modified Paleo plan and energy

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Lifestyle. Paleo is a cult now. Associated with crossfit.

I will add a protein shake in and use starches and tubers post workout.

Keep it simple as both Rodja and Josh have told me MANY times.
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

2. I know its not an easy task. If it makes you feel any better Chris, I also have a tendency to overcomplicate and over think choices myself.
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I know its not an easy task. If it makes you feel any better Chris, I also have a tendency to overcomplicate and over think choices myself.
    I know, just get mindfuked and over complicate everything. Meat, veg, healthy fats, carbs post workout. Why is THAT so hard. Robb Wolf says others turn every meal into a science experiment when being so finicky about everything.
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

4. one persons view on what paleo diet realy is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Were you on it for a few weeks or a few months? The first post said a few weeks and now you're saying a few months which can make a bit of a difference, especially if the Paleo diet coincided with a drop in carbohydrates (becoming low carb adapted). If you drop carbs, then expect to feel like garbage for a a few weeks and the body learns to adapt to a new source of fuel.
    Months my man.A few weeks(5-7) without yogurt then had to drink kerfir to digest all my grub as a lot wasn't getting digested
    •   

6. I actually started by cutting out all grains(still do)and starchs,then went on full blown paleo as I heard it made you feel great.Didnt work for me and body should of switched to burning fat/pro by the time I even made the switch.

Now it feels like im walking a fine line bordering overtraining.I know my routine is dead on but my macros aren't.Body doesn't burn fat for the way I train and want to feel again(ton of energy)

One thing I notice is I lost a lot of strength some time ago and im getting it all back and alittle more.But my endurance is completely shot for the most part,have good set of tempo runs one week and like this morning couldn't even jog 400m.

7. Quote Originally Posted by 67nova View Post
    I actually started by cutting out all grains(still do)and starchs,then went on full blown paleo as I heard it made you feel great.Didnt work for me and body should of switched to burning fat/pro by the time I even made the switch.
    it takes time for your body to go through the withdrawal of the loss of sugar. it can take over a month. then your body needs to start to learn to become more efficient at using fat/body fat for fuel. its not an overnight change.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

8. Quote Originally Posted by 67nova View Post
    I was wondering if anyone that even follows a strict paleo was having energy problems.

I followed it to a tee for a few weeks and with intense training and laborious work I blew out fast and took almost 2months to recover and start getting alittle energy back.

I felt my body starting to shut down and added raw milk,kerfir for more protein/cho/fat I just don't like eating a lot of fruit so then I added alittle sweet potatoes here and there about 2oz a time.

This helped very little,better w/o's but crapping days(fatigue/low energy)Im not trying to bulk nor cut as im humbled at weight and b/f % (7-8%)just not happy with feeling like a big pile most of the day.

Not overtrained,no gland problems just feeling worn out.Please shed some light on this for me.I also don't count cals just try to get macro's everyday(180-200pro/75-100cho,130-150fat whatever that comes to.?
    Like someone else mentioned you just need to eat more. I follow a paleo diet too not strict but very selective with my food. I dropped anything with gluten (my choice) and what I found from trial and error I need to eat a fair amount of fat and calories in general to mantain a decent energy level. My breakfast alone is around 1100 calories. Next two meals I incorporate rice, patatoes, fruit, protein then Im back on greens/fat/protein for my last two meals. So you may need to ramp up caloric intake and evaluate from there.

9. 100g of is hard to adapt to, and other stressors may compound the fatigue. I recently went back to higher carb (~180g but no higher than 200) and feel much better (n=1). I did enjoy low carb (~100g) but it wasn't feasible to continue it.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    100g of is hard to adapt to, and other stressors may compound the fatigue. I recently went back to higher carb (~180g but no higher than 200) and feel much better (n=1). I did enjoy low carb (~100g) but it wasn't feasible to continue it.
    Everyone's different but once your body adjusts fats a much more steady energy source then carbs. I've done <25g for 6 months first month was hella after that there was a lot more energy.

The body can adjust to what it's given, if you go prolonged period w/o carbs you'll get used to it. But to each their own.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    Everyone's different but once your body adjusts fats a much more steady energy source then carbs. I've done <25g for 6 months first month was hella after that there was a lot more energy.

The body can adjust to what it's given, if you go prolonged period w/o carbs you'll get used to it. But to each their own.
    For 2 plus months I was doing under 30 grams of carbs a day with refeeds every 5-7 days. Wasn't bad at all.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    For 2 plus months I was doing under 30 grams of carbs a day with refeeds every 5-7 days. Wasn't bad at all.
    Yea, as I learn more and more about nutrition I realize that refeeds are a must. Especially since going through my first show prep.
    Always willing to learn :D

13. I know all about refeeds but when the time comes(or I think it comes)I cant bring myself to eat a ton of cho.

Hence I find it better to get a macro that works for me on a day by day basis.
    There's enough stress in life let alone having to worry about when to reefed,or actually waiting for that day when its 4days away.

Not waiting for bady to switch to using fat for energy and feeling worse then I do now and screwing up work or being more miserable working as it is.
    Upping cho alittle more each day is helping slightly,thinking 100-150 might be my sweet spot.?

14. I'm excited to reverse diet into my off season this year... slowly adding 5-10g carbs and 1-3g fat each week to slowly up my total calories. Stay lean or die trying
    Always willing to learn :D

15. Quote Originally Posted by 67nova View Post
    I know all about refeeds but when the time comes(or I think it comes)I cant bring myself to eat a ton of cho.

Hence I find it better to get a macro that works for me on a day by day basis.
    There's enough stress in life let alone having to worry about when to reefed,or actually waiting for that day when its 4days away.

Not waiting for bady to switch to using fat for energy and feeling worse then I do now and screwing up work or being more miserable working as it is.
    Upping cho alittle more each day is helping slightly,thinking 100-150 might be my sweet spot.?
    yes, keeping under 200g.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Reduce XT and Energy Drinks
    By metroba in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 11:45 PM
  2. Rate my WL plan, and suppliments.
    By Colorado S14 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
  3. Late night PWO nutrition and energy kick