2 Week Bulk, 1 Week Cut Repeat?

ultralars

Awards
have this kind of short term bulk and cut cycle alternation given results? and what kinds of results compared to slow steady long term bulk followed by cut?

What i would do nutrition wise, is, with my maintenance at rest days at approximately 2850, i would eat around 3150 trying to stay around 200-250 calories above maintenance. Which is enough to make great progress for me.
i would do this for 2 weeks, while hitting the gym super hard, 2+ hour session drops sets, forced reps, whatever to put in work. i train 5 times a week hitting every muscle twice. then when the cutting week comes i would drop my calories to 900 below maintenance keeping protein high, and cut volume in the gym to around 50% while keeping the weights the same. hopefully make some gains from supercompensation or atleast keep the gains made in the previus 2 week

My goal is strength and size while dropping fat over the long term to 10%.

I think this can work, i remember hearing about the body hormones and processes in relation to building muscle and fat oxidation takes around 5-7 days to respond significantly to calorie reduction and increase. so you stop your cut at the 7 day mark and keep the bulk going for longer than 7 days. anyone pitch in with whatever you have please.

StrongRpblcan

Awards
IMO, this sounds like a terrible idea. This type of yo-yo dieting combined with inconsistent training (in terms of following any sort of program / strength progression layout) seems like a recipe for poor performance, little to no strength increases, and a very confused endocrin systeme.

Body recomp takes time and dedication, not a constantly shifting approach like you outline (if it can be called that) above. Set as realistc goal for composition and pick a few target numbers for strength and dedicate yourself to those goals.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Terrible idea. If you're trying to gain weight, then actually reducing training volume and increasing intensity would be better.

Training and diet need to be consistent to achieve any desirable result. Figure out what you really want from your body and research tried and proven dieting/training methods to achieve it

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
agreed, bad idea. for that matter consume near maintenance cals with consistant cardio over a long period if time and adjust accordingly if youre not seeing results...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Terrible idea. If you're trying to gain weight, then actually reducing training volume and increasing intensity would be better.

Training and diet need to be consistent to achieve any desirable result. Figure out what you really want from your body and research tried and proven dieting/training methods to achieve it
I'd second this. No need for that crazy training volume IMO.

Look more into caloric and carbohydrate cycling in a more moderate approach. It'll be slower, but more steady and sustainable in terms of body composition change.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
2+ hours/day and 5 days a week? i think your issue is you dont know how to lift. or youre a profesional athlete. which one is it?

if youre gonna slow bulk, then slow bulk for a long time. at 250+ cals, you wont be gaining too much fat