Blood Pressure Issue

davesah1

davesah1

Awards
I went to my doctor again today and my pressure is still 150/80 (last time was 5 days ago). So I eat pretty clean IMO besides a crap load of protein, but in this 5 day period I cut out a crap load of salt to the point where I don't season my meats with anything but pepper right now. Now two weeks ago I was in Aruba and did a lot of white with my best friend for about 12 hours..... talk about a nightmare. Could that still be messing me up. I don't do cardio but work my ass off and incorperate a lot of high intensity style lifts and lift 6 days a week. Only other thing I can think of is I started Osta on my 18th bday and havent stopped since (4 months) just tapered down to 5mg then back up. It really helps at keeping the fat off and I havent had any sides and got bloods done a month ago and all was well except slightly high LDL. Any ideas?

PS- My whole family has hypertension but they are all obese, I am the in shape black sheep

michelle82

Awards
I went to my doctor again today and my pressure is still 150/80 (last time was 5 days ago). So I eat pretty clean IMO besides a crap load of protein, but in this 5 day period I cut out a crap load of salt to the point where I don't season my meats with anything but pepper right now. Now two weeks ago I was in Aruba and did a lot of white with my best friend for about 12 hours..... talk about a nightmare. Could that still be messing me up. I don't do cardio but work my ass off and incorperate a lot of high intensity style lifts and lift 6 days a week. Only other thing I can think of is I started Osta on my 18th bday and havent stopped since (4 months) just tapered down to 5mg then back up. It really helps at keeping the fat off and I havent had any sides and got bloods done a month ago and all was well except slightly high LDL. Any ideas?

PS- My whole family has hypertension but they are all obese, I am the in shape black sheep
From my understanding, and by reading this post you are a young male patient, right? Honestly, in my 9 years through medical school, whenever we saw young patients in good physical health with high blood pressure meaning (150-180/100), we were told by our staff and residents that the patient could have a medical phenomenon called white coat hypertension, which some patients develop once they go into a clinic, hospital or any kind of medical setting or saw the medical personnel exclusively doctors. It's a raise in blood pressure due to anxiety or just regular nervousness because of being physically there at a dr's clinic. I wouldn't mind that much about 150/80. Now, if for some reason you suddenly have a horrible headache described as the worst in your life with extremely high blood pressure and start seeing little colored flashing lights, you would have to be rushed into the ER, this would be an emergency and would be catalogued as an hypertensive crisis which requires immediate medical attention. This is what I can tell you as a foreign physician. Keep on eating healthy, exercising and drinking tons of water! ;))

davesah1

davesah1

Awards
From my understanding, and by reading this post you are a young male patient, right? Honestly, in my 9 years through medical school, whenever we saw young patients in good physical health with high blood pressure meaning (150-180/100), we were told by our staff and residents that the patient could have a medical phenomenon called white coat hypertension, which some patients develop once they go into a clinic, hospital or any kind of medical setting or saw the medical personnel exclusively doctors. It's a raise in blood pressure due to anxiety or just regular nervousness because of being physically there at a dr's clinic. I wouldn't mind that much about 150/80. Now, if for some reason you suddenly have a horrible headache described as the worst in your life with extremely high blood pressure and start seeing little colored flashing lights, you would have to be rushed into the ER, this would be an emergency and would be catalogued as an hypertensive crisis which requires immediate medical attention. This is what I can tell you as a foreign physician. Keep on eating healthy, exercising and drinking tons of water! ;))
Thanks, that might be what it is, especially since I went to this doctor when I was 16 and my BP was 130/80 and he made a fuss about it. So I do get nervous, I noticed I can feel my hear beating in my chest when sitting and waiting to get it taken. I took my pressure at home with a machine my mother had ordered and it came up 130/80 again.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established

First thing I would say is start doing cardio...always take fish oil and Ostra pushed my BP up a bit also it seems rather wet to be honest. Get a cuff for your house and track it for a few weeks see if as stated above you have white coat syndrome or you really have a BP issue.

michelle82

Awards
Thanks, that might be what it is, especially since I went to this doctor when I was 16 and my BP was 130/80 and he made a fuss about it. So I do get nervous, I noticed I can feel my hear beating in my chest when sitting and waiting to get it taken. I took my pressure at home with a machine my mother had ordered and it came up 130/80 again.
Yeah he definitely made you believe you have a high blood pressure when you don't at all. It's not a significant rise and shouldn't be a big deal, like I said unless you were over weight and experienced the worst headache in the world, feeling nauseated and almost feeling like passing out. Don't worry about it 130/80 isn't something to freak out. You definitely have to keep an eye on it considering you're very young and have a healthy life style I would assume. Just keep an eye on it and listen to your body. ;)

michelle82

Awards
Btw try to avoid salt a bit, if you can bring down the amount of salt you consume daily and drink tons of water. And maybe even going to another Dr could help you since you could hear another opinion and a different approach.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

In shape does not preclude you from the effects of your genetic predisposition. Hypertension and high LDL is not a good combination.

BTW - 12hours of white - lightweight!

davesah1

davesah1

Awards
Took it today at home (cuff size appeared and felt right) and it was 130/80 again. Hmm

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I have high BP and have been on meds for the last couple of years so keep an eye on my BP especially when I start taking any new supps. With the meds my BP is 120/70 but when I use Osta this rises to around 130/80. This doesn't bother me as I know that Osta is causing this and it's not high enough to get me worried but Osta will raise BP slightly.

If the doc is thinking about putting you on meds then ask for a 24 hour reading. You will walk around with a cuff on your arm all day and it will take a reading every 15 mins during the day and every 30 mins at night. This will remove the 'white-coat syndrome' and let the doc know whether your BP really is anything to worry about.

davesah1

davesah1

Awards
Yeah I will do that as I do not want to be on any meds at this age lol. Also I'm gonna stop the Osta for a week and see what it is at. Thanks for all the help tho guys

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I will do that as I do not want to be on any meds at this age lol. Also I'm gonna stop the Osta for a week and see what it is at. Thanks for all the help tho guys
SARM's can affect BP just like a steroid keep that in mind for every cycle. Also ostra was hard on my BP but I had issues before I lost the weight as seen in my before pic in my signature...

michaelawlker

michaelawlker

Awards
There are several methods medication can reduced hypertension, and some medicines perform in more than one way:
Opening and increasing the veins (drugs that perform in this way are known as vasodilators)
Preventing the veins from narrowing
Reducing the heart's workload
Reducing the quantity of liquid in the body