Import. meals and minimal fat gain/max muscle gain

2ndchance

Awards
Hey Fellas,
This is how I diet and Im curious as to what you guys think about it?

I feel pre and post workout meals are the most important. I think that they are what prepare the muscle for what it needs before and after (providing you give it the right nutrients).

That being said I currently limit my carb intake during all my meals except pre/post workout. I make my own concoction of 100g oats, 1 banana, 2tbsp peanut butter, 2 cups milk and 50g protein. I drink this twice a day. I have a job that requires me to be on my feet all day, lifting, etc...I've lost 11lbs in 2 months..(not happy) This shake I drink is to balance it out and help regain what was lost.

All meals before and after my pre/post are carb limited. I aim for about 300g+ daily of protein. Will I hinder my gains by focusing my carb intake around my pre/post workout meals? Eating 6x a day with carbs divided evenly VS. 2 large portions during the most important times(I feel)?

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are that highly active --- why would you limit carbs to only pre and post? If you are in need of mass gain and have high expenditure, why would this be optimal?

Sure -- you could fill the gap with excess fats to keep calories up, but still no reason carbs cannot be consumed around the clock

-Matt

2ndchance

Awards
Ok, I see your reasoning, why not? I also dont like the FULLNESS feeling too but that is neither here nor there and doesn't pertain to nutrition really.

Now that I rethink my question...can one still add weight properly with using 2 or 3 meals out of the 6 as high calorie meals and consuming them when my body requires them most? LOL...this sounds stupid but I need a yes or a no.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Uh adding weight just means to take in more calories than you expend in a very general sense. You're losing weight so it sounds like you're calorie deficient. Increase your cals so you're in a surplus and shazam.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Ok, I see your reasoning, why not? I also dont like the FULLNESS feeling too but that is neither here nor there and doesn't pertain to nutrition really.

Now that I rethink my question...can one still add weight properly with using 2 or 3 meals out of the 6 as high calorie meals and consuming them when my body requires them most? LOL...this sounds stupid but I need a yes or a no.

So the answer is yes If I understand what you're asking.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Sure -- just eat more food for your 3 carb meals.

That should do the trick, but sometimes the body is unpredictable and you still might need to play around with spreading nutrition around the clock evenly.

This will need to be played out for 3 solid weeks to gauge effectiveness. Keep us posted.

-Matt

2ndchance

Awards
I have effectively gained 3lbs in total. 9 with creatine. lol I am going to continue with these shakes. They're pretty damn big. racking up over 1k in calories. I also consume my calroies around work/gym. I am about to start a epi/mdrol cycle in a week or two. Just getting by diet dialed in and use to cooking almost 15lbs of chicken in 1 week.