What type of foods should i eat for energy?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.85%

What type of foods should i eat for energy?

I usually feel lazy groggy and unmotivated to work out i usually drink a monster or rockstar energy drink to power through or atleast try, i get real fatiged quickly and end up going home early my current diet consists of sausuge mcmuffins, cocoa krisps cereal, tyson buffulo chicken strips and frozen dinners, im not really fat i weigh 188 but im a flabby 18 year old with a kids body what type of foods should i eat for energy?

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.81%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.13%

Quote Originally Posted by healthychaser View Post
    I usually feel lazy groggy and unmotivated to work out i usually drink a monster or rockstar energy drink to power through or atleast try, i get real fatiged quickly and end up going home early my current diet consists of sausuge mcmuffins, cocoa krisps cereal, tyson buffulo chicken strips and frozen dinners, im not really fat i weigh 188 but im a flabby 18 year old with a kids body what type of foods should i eat for energy?
    Really bro? Anything processed l= total ****!! Eat fresh foods chicken lean cuts of red meat, white fish. Veggies google that **** and use the search bar. Your asking a question that has been asked and answered thousands of times.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.23%

Dude...you should see the answer just buy reading your post. That diet is pathetic. Get on a proper diet and it should help
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.5%

Well you are new to AM so welcome to the forum. This is just my way of looking at diet and health. Basically your diets sucks, so heres some basic things you need to know. The main point here is not what foods are healthy or not, it is how much of what types of foods you need. You need to eat protein, carbohydrates and fats to survive. These are the 3 MACRO-NUTRIENTS groups, they get broken down into percentages. I eat 30% protein, 40% carbs and 30% fats thats my macronutrient ratio. you can eat whatever ratio you want. Protein and carbs both have 4 calories per gram and fat has 9 calories per gram. Micro-nutrients are vitamins and minerals but don't worry about Micro-nutrients right now. Eating healthy or in your case eating for more energy in my opinion is more than just what "healthy foods" your eating. What is "healthy foods" the definition of healthy will very alot. I drink milk and have lots of energy, i think its healthy but some people disagree with that. So for that reason you won't get a straight answer or list of foods from members on this board. Answer these questions for yourself >1 what are you goals lose, gain or maintian your weight? >2 how active are you? >3 what do you like to eat? Now take your first two answer and figure out how many calories you approximately need. I now your like how the f*ck do i do that, f*ck this guy. but its actually pretty easy. Google "calculate calories needed" find a calories calculator use the calories calculator. Now that you have a idea of how many calories you need, figure out what you want as macros ratio. Don't get overwhelmed with macros, just research it some and use it as a basic daily goal. don't over complicate it. google "macronutrientcalculator com" use the calculator. So now you know how many calories to eat and what your macros are, but you still don't know what to eat. Before you were just eating, you would get hungry and would eat whatever you felt like no matter what it was. Theres no structure or balance to your diet when you eat like this you will have no energy. Now the answer to question 3 what do you like to eat - cocoa krisps cereal is crap but if you like cereal pick a healther cereal. but don't just eat cereal remember structure and balance is the key here so have some healther cereal which is a carbs add some greek yogurt which is your protein put some walnuts in the the yogurt. walnuts have health protein and fat in them. The point is you don't have to eat super clean health foods all the time just try and pick healher foods. eat foods that are less processed. if its premade or comes in a box then its probable not good for you. nobodys diet is perfect in the bigenning start there do research, try new things.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Lmfao! Energy drinks and mcmuffins!
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

Lmfao! Energy drinks and mcmuffins!
    BOARD TYRANT
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

its personal preference. eat foods you feel give you energy. some ppl workout better on carbs, some protein, some fats. others like myself train the best in a fasted state
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  9. justmechillin

Are you really asking for help or is this a joke????? I was just reading another tread there the guy said he didn't care if he got gyno... No wonder why the members here hammer the new guys...
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Complex carbs are great for energy. Things like brown rice will give you tons of energy and good carbs too. I cook mine in chicken broth give this a try
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.85%

Haha epic troll post. I swear you have a better chance getting responses if you post something like this rather than a legit question
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.06%

Not me,carbs of any sort put me to sleep. I do better on high fat,moderate protein and low or no carbs.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What type of fat should i be eating when bulking
    By xponentabuser in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 08:19 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 02:24 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
  4. What type of diet am i looking for?
    By KrunkChris in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 03:16 AM
  5. Ughh.... What type of Cardio/Lifting program for me??
    By foreverdown92 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 10:58 PM