Can I battle an intoletance?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I am at this point 99% sure I have some level of intolerance to casein. Been systematically eliminating common bloat inducing foods (gluten, dairy, etc.) as by the end of the day I am always bloated and look 10 lbs heavier than in the morning. Seems to set in, along with stomach discomfort at times, after my protein shake. I have tried 3 brands, all blends, and it still occurred. Switched it out for my whey isolate and was much better. Problem is I prefer the blends for both effectiveness and taste. Is there something I can take to combat this? I use 1 cap of gut health every morning already.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
can you explain what you mean by prefering blends for effectiveness?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am at this point 99% sure I have some level of intolerance to casein. Been systematically eliminating common bloat inducing foods (gluten, dairy, etc.) as by the end of the day I am always bloated and look 10 lbs heavier than in the morning. Seems to set in, along with stomach discomfort at times, after my protein shake. I have tried 3 brands, all blends, and it still occurred. Switched it out for my whey isolate and was much better. Problem is I prefer the blends for both effectiveness and taste. Is there something I can take to combat this? I use 1 cap of gut health every morning already.
What are the current powders you're working with? I can help ya more after I know. Usually people who are lactose intolerable do better with whey isolate.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To answer your question, yes, your body can overcome an intolerance. One's body can also develop an intolerance. My bio teacher my freshman year explained it like this. Being lactose intolerant is like having a key to a door, some people have the key to get it (can digest) and some people don't have the key (cannot digest) and people that have the key can lose it and ones that don't can find it. How you get over it, I don't know.

When I was younger, I was lactose intolerant, but I kept eating pizza and drinking milk at school when I bought lunch. Over time, I got less and less sick and now, do not have a problem that I am aware of. But I do not consume too much dairy, 0-2 servings a day.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What are the current powders you're working with? I can help ya more after I know. Usually people who are lactose intolerable do better with whey isolate.
Myofusion elite was the worst, tried combat powder, now back to using Trutein. I love my Trutein I've used every flavor now but at my lower bf% I can notice this bloating now and it's frustrating to say the least

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
can you explain what you mean by prefering blends for effectiveness?
I know some may argue that getting the required amount if protein is the only factor but I am a believer in a whey/casein mix. Personal preference and opinion to get the added benefits of slow amino release from the casein

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know some may argue that getting the required amount if protein is the only factor but I am a believer in a whey/casein mix. Personal preference and opinion to get the added benefits of slow amino release from the casein
Maybe you can buy a separate tub of whey and casein. This way you can slowly add casein and maybe ease your way with it and see if you can develop a tolerance.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's your sodium / day look like? What's your body weight?hows your water intake?I can get away with 8k + sodium and look dry. This is not true for erryone.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What's your sodium / day look like? What's your body weight?hows your water intake?I can get away with 8k + sodium and look dry. This is not true for erryone.
Sodium is held steady at 2500 per day, could an increase possibly help? I drink as much water as I can usually around 5-6 liters a day

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sodium is held steady at 2500 per day, could an increase possibly help? I drink as much water as I can usually around 5-6 liters a day
What's your height and bodyweight?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you feel intolerance is your issue after reading my pm then remove it completely from your diet. Once removed gauge how you feel. Then add it back in and gauge. If it becomes a problem again get those lactose intolerance pills from CVS or a pharmacy. Cheap,effective and could make your life more comfortable.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump for progress on the bloating issue.

53, 5'6" and 164 lbs lift daily.

I have been experiencing stomach bloat for quite some time. Some times if I relax the stomach I look freaking pregnant and I have a 34 inch waist! I've been eliminating foods from the diet systematically. Looking for others that have this same issue to compare notes with.