The anabolic diet.

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.07%

The anabolic diet.

Hi everyone -

Current goal - build muscle and drop body fat.

I am currently looking into 'the anabolic diet.'
    General consensus of a few sites says it kicks off with 12 days no carbs / 2 days carbs then alternate between 5 days no carbs / 2 days carbs. I guess in a way it's just carb cycling to a certain extent....

Step 1. Determine your caloric intake using the regular formula (18xBW in lbs) or for a more accurate figure use a Cunningham formula calculator.

For me - 18 x 127lbs = 2300cal and the Cunningham formula was very similar.

It then follows to give you a macro breakdown of the carb and no carb days....

Before I go any further - just wondering what the opinions are on this caloric intake?

Bear in mind I am 127lbs/58kgs. 2300cal seems like an awful lot to me.

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by pixiethree View Post
    Hi everyone -

General consensus of a few sites says it kicks off with 12 days no carbs / 2 days carbs then alternate between 5 days no carbs / 2 days carbs. I guess in a way it's just carb cycling to a certain extent....

Step 1. Determine your caloric intake using the regular formula (18xBW in lbs) or for a more accurate figure use a Cunningham formula calculator.

Before I go any further - just wondering what the opinions are on this caloric intake?

2000-2300 seems about right. Try it for a bit and track your progress. Remember these formulas really only give you a starting idea. You should always adjust based off your rate of progress (add or subtract calories depending on your goals)
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.55%

i would like to try this diet some day too
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.43%

Quote Originally Posted by pixiethree View Post
    Hi everyone -

that is a lot of cal. I am assuming u r a women and what is your age current activity level stress level
    are u utilizing anabolics or natural all this plays a role but yes by all means u can try it and see how it goes
    be glad to help
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.07%

Quote Originally Posted by mpdc View Post

that is a lot of cal. I am assuming u r a women and what is your age current activity level stress level
    are u utilizing anabolics or natural all this plays a role but yes by all means u can try it and see how it goes
    be glad to help
    I'm 23 and don't believe I'm stressed. I recently had a blood test which came back with slightly sluggish adrenals and thyroid and the doctor asked if I'm stressed - so maybe I am I just don't know it. Since then I've started a few supplements and cut out caffeine to reduce stress.

When dieting I usually eat around 1500 cal max so thought 2000+ would maybe be too much for me.

As for other supps I'm not taking any.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.43%

Ok great thanks for the info ...

Now when u say other supps u r taking what might they be
    Also u might not feel stressed but your body might be
    Have u take. A lot of fat burners or ephedrine or any thyroid medication in the past ..... Clenbuterol maybe ..... And no worried if u have but all these can lead to the slight case of adrenal fatigue syndrome that ur doc might be seeing
    I have worked with others before with similar matters and some can be mental some is physical but nothing that can't be straightened out in some time with proper diet nutrition and exercise and maybe a supplement or two
    To get everything rolling
    And just a quick question where did u get the number 18 from in figuring ur calories ?
    Is that from the ole x's it ten to lose x's it 15 to maintain so on
    What's ur bf% right now and what r ur goals with the diet specifically ? Feel free to send me a Person al message if u like
    Have a great night
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.07%

Quote Originally Posted by mpdc View Post
    Ok great thanks for the info ...

Now when u say other supps u r taking what might they be
    Also u might not feel stressed but your body might be
    Have u take. A lot of fat burners or ephedrine or any thyroid medication in the past ..... Clenbuterol maybe ..... And no worried if u have but all these can lead to the slight case of adrenal fatigue syndrome that ur doc might be seeing
    I have worked with others before with similar matters and some can be mental some is physical but nothing that can't be straightened out in some time with proper diet nutrition and exercise and maybe a supplement or two
    To get everything rolling
    And just a quick question where did u get the number 18 from in figuring ur calories ?
    Is that from the ole x's it ten to lose x's it 15 to maintain so on
    What's ur bf% right now and what r ur goals with the diet specifically ? Feel free to send me a Person al message if u like
    Have a great night
    I was using alot of caffeine and habe tried a few fat burners but recently stopped so hoping in the next blood test I've made some improvements.

I'm now taking vitamin d
    Selenium
    Iodine
    Fish oil
    Vit c
    Calcium
    Magnesium

I got the x's 18 on a site about the anabolic diet.

Bodyfat right now is 18%
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.43%

Well between unwanted everyday stress and a little extra caffeine unfortunately that can play a little with out adrenals ....how is your energy lately ?
    But the anabolic diet will not be bad for you
    With the things your blood test showed staying away from all drinks with caffeine simple sugars like Gatorade and alcohol will help tons which you are kind of already doing
    Diet concerns should be good quality protein such as whey powders possibly grass feed beef and just none steroidal chicken so on
    Salmon and fishes high in omegas are great
    The anabolic diet is great and the small to medium frequent meals will help with your blood results
    One option as far as calories with the the diet is to lower the calories a touch by using 15 as opposed to 18 then try that for one week if u r always starving up it a touch if u feel good with energy and not full at every meal and satisfied leave it if u r also seek g the results u want if u r full all the time decrease but try a specific calories for one week and see what the mirror and scale and listen to your body
    Something quick about adrenals
    Your adrenal glands, situated above each kidney, produce as many as 30 different steroid hormones. The most notable of the adrenal hormones are aldosterone, which regulates water balance, and cortisol, which controls blood sugar and inflammation and is associated with the stress response. A variety of supplements can help
    Such as
    Ginseng , licorice, ginkgo , calcium , vit c
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.43%

Vit c 2-5000mgs a day and b complex

Multi vit /min
    Plus keep those good clean low sugar veges in your diet green veges
    Good fat choices
    Instead of just fish oil u can take efa gold by gaspari u can add sesamin coconut oil olive oil avacadoe almonds

It takes time to bring ur blood work up so stick with it

I hope this helped a little
    Pm me if u need anything else
    Have a great day
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.07%

Thanks that's all been really helpful - will up my vit c and keep on top of my diet.

I will start playing with the anabolic diet next week. Mainly because I know that I feel alot better without regular carbs, I love protein and I have no trouble getting healthy natural fats into my diet!

I have given it a bit of a go this week but I didn't count calories or weight things just ate the right foods that were listed and I actually feel leaner and more energised already! And less hungry also!

I will PM you with some questions
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.43%

Awesome glad to hear it and I am glad I was able to help please feel free to pm me anytime

Similar Forum Threads

1. p-slin and the anabolic diet?
    By bound in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 07:39 PM
  2. Criticism of the Anabolic Diet
    By Marcinator in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 01:50 AM
  3. 4th day on the Anabolic Diet
    By dhuge67 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15