1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Mistaking Adrenal Fatigue for Vit. D deficiency

Hey guys quick question for those who have experience with either of these..For the longest time I was under the impression that I had adrenal fatigue..I exhibited the classic symptoms.. Obviously general fatigue, low libido, muscular weakness etc.. I had found out a few months ago I was SEVERELY deficient in Vitamin D. I have since gotten my serum levels up but apparently there is a SIGNIFICANT lag between when serum levels rise, and symptoms dissipate (between 6-12 months)..Is it safe to say that the problems I was having are indeed from the D deficiency and not an issue w/ the adrenals? It seems that symptoms are similar and could be easily mis-diagnosed. Thank you in advance.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Well, there's no such thing as Adrenal Fatigue, so yeah
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Well, there's no such thing as Adrenal Fatigue, so yeah
    I disagree, but thanks for your input
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    I disagree, but thanks for your input
    Its not a medical diagnosis;

"There is no scientific evidence supporting the concept of adrenal fatigue and it is not recognized as an actual diagnosis by the medical community.[1]"

And an article by the endocrine society:

http://www.hormone.org/Public/upload...atigue-Web.pdf
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

I forget what the proper acronym is but I remember reading that theres no "IDC" for it or something to that degree. Basically an identifier code. I know. I don't want to get too much into it but all the skepticism around it is what made pinpoint the problem so difficult. There are a LOT of cases I've read of people having insufficient and inconsistent cortisol release throughout the day. Such as too low in the morning, base lining throughout the day, and spiking in the evening.But at the same time, there's plenty of people who feel that it is a non-existent condition.. So I wouldn't want to dismiss it as a possibility because its not in "the books"..

edit: It's an ICD code- International Classification of Diseases

http://icd9cm.chrisendres.com/index.php?action=child&recordi d=1950
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%

I forget what the proper acronym is but I remember reading that theres no "IDC" for it or something to that degree. Basically an identifier code. I know. I don't want to get too much into it but all the skepticism around it is what made pinpoint the problem so difficult. There are a LOT of cases I've read of people having insufficient and inconsistent cortisol release throughout the day. Such as too low in the morning, base lining throughout the day, and spiking in the evening.But at the same time, there's plenty of people who feel that it is a non-existent condition.. So I wouldn't want to dismiss it as a possibility because its not in "the books"..

edit: It's an ICD code- International Classification of Diseases

http://icd9cm.chrisendres.com/index.php?action=child&recordi d=1950
    There is a huge difference between adrenal insufficiency and fatigue. The two are not interchangeable terms and the latter is typically caused by Addisons disease. IF you had adrenal insufficiency the symptoms are much more severe than general tiredness.

The symptoms you described can be caused by a whole plethora of factors; one of which being Vit D deficient.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

There is a huge difference between adrenal insufficiency and fatigue. The two are not interchangeable terms and the latter is typically caused by Addisons disease. IF you had adrenal insufficiency the symptoms are much more severe than general tiredness.

The symptoms you described can be caused by a whole plethora of factors; one of which being Vit D deficient.
    Suppressed libido, brain fog, and fatigue are the main ones..I'm hoping its D b/c I'm looking at my blood panel and its showing my levels are now in the appropriate range..But there's a significant lag between serum levels rising, and symptoms improvement
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%

Could also be other things; do you know which form of vitamin D you are deficient of?
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

panels shows D3 @ 56 ng/ml and D2 at 14 ng/ml. Total of 70
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

Could also be other things; do you know which form of vitamin D you are deficient of?
    I was under the impression that D3 was the form to supplement with. It also says that for therapy purposes, that the total (D2+D3) is the number to be looking at
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%

I was under the impression that D3 was the form to supplement with. It also says that for therapy purposes, that the total (D2+D3) is the number to be looking at
    Yeah, I recommend supplementing with Vit D3, especially in the winter months. I'm not too sure on the rerfernece range the lab you went to used but supplementing with d3 should bring you right back up.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Yeah, I recommend supplementing with Vit D3, especially in the winter months. I'm not too sure on the rerfernece range the lab you went to used but supplementing with d3 should bring you right back up.
    Always like seeing posts from jiggz. Very knowledgeable feller.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Always like seeing posts from jiggz. Very knowledgeable feller.
    Thank you

Next step is to be huge like you
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

My D3 levels are 56 ng/ml and D2 is 14 ng/ml. I've read that there are benefits of having slightly higher than normal D serum levels.. Shooting for 80-90...Symptoms seem to be slowly improving..If only there was something more i could do to expedite the recovery..Guess this will test my patience. I cant wait to have coherence and focus in the gym again..And the body uses up magnesium stores in the process of converting it to store-able form so I've been supplementing w/ that as well.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%

My D3 levels are 56 ng/ml and D2 is 14 ng/ml. I've read that there are benefits of having slightly higher than normal D serum levels.. Shooting for 80-90...Symptoms seem to be slowly improving..If only there was something more i could do to expedite the recovery..Guess this will test my patience. I cant wait to have coherence and focus in the gym again..And the body uses up magnesium stores in the process of converting it to store-able form so I've been supplementing w/ that as well.
    Hopefully the d3 is the issue but as fatigue could be due to a number of things; it is hard to say. But as the numbers for d3 are low, keep at it and you should notice a huge improvement.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

Hopefully the d3 is the issue but as fatigue could be due to a number of things; it is hard to say. But as the numbers for d3 are low, keep at it and you should notice a huge improvement.
    Fingers crossed

Similar Forum Threads

1. pregnenolone for adrenal fatigue
    By cumkwakka in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 05:59 PM
  2. How much pregnelone and progesterone cream for Adrenal Fatigue?
    By MetalMX in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:29 PM
  3. best diet for adrenal fatigue
    By cumkwakka in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 09:45 AM