How bad is it? - AnabolicMinds.com

How bad is it?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How bad is it?

How bad is it really to eat white rice compared to brown rice or brown bread during the day? I forgot my 6 pack lunch bag at home before i left...I figured my healthiest options around are these two...

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6210/6...215c8f5e_o.jpg - Brown bread 12 hour roasted Lamb Sandwich

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DcXGT8ipr7...apan+Mama2.jpg - Boiled beef in light soy and white boiled rice.

I could eat two of each with no issue at all...just sayin.
    Currently using... ALRI - Humapro, Bioflex - Hydroflex HWPI, Bioflex - Jointz, Bioflex - Biogreens, Athletic Xtreme - Hard FX, Infinite Labs - Juggernaut HP, Finaflex - Max Pump, BPS - Vanillean, ALRI - Lipotherm, Swisse - Fish Oils.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

For one meal ? I wouldn't worry about it.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

White rice is actually better than brown rice. Brown rice is high in phytic acid which is a anti-nutrient. GI doesn't matter as absorption will be slowed down from the fats and proteins from the rest of your meal.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

white rice gets turned into sugar

brown rice = sugar

white bread = sugar

whole wheat bread = sugar

oatmeal = sugar

sweet patato = sugar

pasta = sugar

sugar = sugar
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    White rice is actually better than brown rice. Brown rice is high in phytic acid which is a anti-nutrient. GI doesn't matter as absorption will be slowed down from the fats and proteins from the rest of your meal.

Really? So what if i replaced all my brown rice meals with white rice?
    Currently using... ALRI - Humapro, Bioflex - Hydroflex HWPI, Bioflex - Jointz, Bioflex - Biogreens, Athletic Xtreme - Hard FX, Infinite Labs - Juggernaut HP, Finaflex - Max Pump, BPS - Vanillean, ALRI - Lipotherm, Swisse - Fish Oils.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    white rice gets turned into sugar

brown rice = sugar

white bread = sugar

whole wheat bread = sugar

oatmeal = sugar

sweet patato = sugar

pasta = sugar

sugar = sugar
    true...but what about the Glycemic Index and insulin spikes.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post
    For one meal ? I wouldn't worry about it.
    If i take that approach i will probably eat two of each lol
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyappetite View Post
    Sorry bro, I didn't know you were diabetic.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Sorry bro, I didn't know you were diabetic.

So higher insulins spikes are the same as lower spikes say from low gi carbs?

Help me understand...
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

So higher insulins spikes are the same as lower spikes say from low gi carbs?

Help me understand...
    It does not matter in terms of body composition. In fact, I don't think it even matters in terms of health.

Remember, white bread and white rice are still complex carbs. They aren't going to "spike" your insulin like a bottle of mountain dew is.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

It does not matter in terms of body composition. In fact, I don't think it even matters in terms of health.

Remember, white bread and white rice are still complex carbs. They aren't going to "spike" your insulin like a bottle of mountain dew is.

Ok so comparing them to their brown brothers there isn't too much of a difference...i get what you're saying. Thanks
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

GI is based off the carb source alone, not what you eat it with at the given meals. Therefore its bunk
    You can get an insulin spike off consuming BCAA's and Protein alone.

Your overthinking broscience.

Good reads for you:

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/5
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-clean-eating/
    http://alanaragon.com/glycemic-index

"A systematic review of human intervention studies comparing the effects of high and low-GI foods or diets arrived at the following results [13]:
    In a total of 31 short-term studies, low-GI foods were associated with greater satiety or reduced hunger in 15 studies, whereas reduced satiety or no differences were seen in 16 other studies.
    Low-GI foods reduced ad libitum food intake in 7 studies, but not in 8 other studies. In 20 longer-term studies (<6 months), weight loss on a low-GI diet was seen in 4 and on a high-GI diet in 2, with no difference recorded in 14 studies.
    An exhaustive assessment of these human intervention trials found no significant difference in the average weight loss between low & high GI diets. in conclusion, the current body of research evidence does not indicate that low-GI foods are superior to high-GI foods in regard to treating obesity.

More recently, Raatz & colleagues conducted a parallel-design, randomized 12-week controlled feeding trial, testing the effect of GI and GL on weight loss [14]. The controlled period was followed by a 24-week "free living" phase, in which subjects were instructed to continue their respective dietary treatments outside of lab-supervised conditions. Manipulation of GI & GL failed to make a dent in both experimental phases. As a result of the 36-week trial, the researchers conclude: "In summary, lowering the glycemic load and glycemic index of weight reduction diets does not provide any added benefit to energy restriction in promoting weight loss in obese subjects."

Conclusions (For Now)
    GI gives us clues to the behavior of certain foods, but that's exactly the main point of this article. Clues; mere hints are all we get from our current knowledge of GI. Successful application of GI is most consistent when we use higher GI sources to enhance the speed of postworkout glycogenesis, and that's about it. Carb foods are better judged on the basis of degree processing, refinement, or alteration/removal of micronutrition -- NOT on the basis of GI, or even GL. This is as good a time as any to crush the folly of what I call "food discrimination". A prime example of this is cutting out potatoes on the basis of GI. This happens all the time, & the dieter takes pride in thinking he/she is being prudent. Well, the critical thing to realize here is that all food species in nature have unique nutrient profiles. Therefore, unique nutritional benefit can be derived from each species. The natural matrix of plant &/or animal tissue cannot be duplicated in the lab, & hence there are many unidentified beneficial agents in, say, the humble potato. As a matter of trivia, it surpasses bananas in potassium & vitamin C concentration. Not to mention, it provides default hydration, and of course is a great whole-food source of starch. The list goes on & on.

Satiety, micronutrient density, insulin response, & surrounding factors altering glucose kinetics are all much like a roll of the dice in terms of bottom-line certainty & reliability of GI. Like all things in science - especially the deep bubbly cauldron that is applied nutritional science - it ain't all that simple. All avenues in this area are winding & complex."

My interview with Alan:

http://www.machinemuscle.com/intervi...t-alan-aragon/
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    GI is based off the carb source alone, not what you eat it with at the given meals. Therefore its bunk
    You can get an insulin spike off consuming BCAA's and Protein alone.

Your overthinking broscience.

Good reads for you:

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/5
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-clean-eating/
    http://alanaragon.com/glycemic-index

"A systematic review of human intervention studies comparing the effects of high and low-GI foods or diets arrived at the following results [13]:
    • In a total of 31 short-term studies, low-GI foods were associated with greater satiety or reduced hunger in 15 studies, whereas reduced satiety or no differences were seen in 16 other studies.
    • Low-GI foods reduced ad libitum food intake in 7 studies, but not in 8 other studies. In 20 longer-term studies (<6 months), weight loss on a low-GI diet was seen in 4 and on a high-GI diet in 2, with no difference recorded in 14 studies.
    • An exhaustive assessment of these human intervention trials found no significant difference in the average weight loss between low & high GI diets. in conclusion, the current body of research evidence does not indicate that low-GI foods are superior to high-GI foods in regard to treating obesity.

More recently, Raatz & colleagues conducted a parallel-design, randomized 12-week controlled feeding trial, testing the effect of GI and GL on weight loss [14]. The controlled period was followed by a 24-week "free living" phase, in which subjects were instructed to continue their respective dietary treatments outside of lab-supervised conditions. Manipulation of GI & GL failed to make a dent in both experimental phases. As a result of the 36-week trial, the researchers conclude: "In summary, lowering the glycemic load and glycemic index of weight reduction diets does not provide any added benefit to energy restriction in promoting weight loss in obese subjects."

Conclusions (For Now)
    GI gives us clues to the behavior of certain foods, but that's exactly the main point of this article. Clues; mere hints are all we get from our current knowledge of GI. Successful application of GI is most consistent when we use higher GI sources to enhance the speed of postworkout glycogenesis, and that's about it. Carb foods are better judged on the basis of degree processing, refinement, or alteration/removal of micronutrition -- NOT on the basis of GI, or even GL. This is as good a time as any to crush the folly of what I call "food discrimination". A prime example of this is cutting out potatoes on the basis of GI. This happens all the time, & the dieter takes pride in thinking he/she is being prudent. Well, the critical thing to realize here is that all food species in nature have unique nutrient profiles. Therefore, unique nutritional benefit can be derived from each species. The natural matrix of plant &/or animal tissue cannot be duplicated in the lab, & hence there are many unidentified beneficial agents in, say, the humble potato. As a matter of trivia, it surpasses bananas in potassium & vitamin C concentration. Not to mention, it provides default hydration, and of course is a great whole-food source of starch. The list goes on & on.

Satiety, micronutrient density, insulin response, & surrounding factors altering glucose kinetics are all much like a roll of the dice in terms of bottom-line certainty & reliability of GI. Like all things in science - especially the deep bubbly cauldron that is applied nutritional science - it ain't all that simple. All avenues in this area are winding & complex."

My interview with Alan:

http://www.machinemuscle.com/intervi...t-alan-aragon/

Haha dude i love learning from you...always a real good eye opener! Thanks, ill get stuck into it.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Broscience is a hell of a drug.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Broscience is a hell of a drug.
    My life became so much more enjoyable when I dropped the broscience diet crap.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Its been about 2 hours and 58 minutes after your last meal, make sure you eat in 2 minutes or your going to lose your gains bro
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Its been about 2 hours and 58 minutes after your last meal, make sure you eat in 2 minutes or your going to lose your gains bro

Haha i need to chat to you... i think i need to get some Scooby Prep stuff going!
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Haha i need to chat to you... i think i need to get some Scooby Prep stuff going!
    Jason@ScoobyPrep.com
    www.scoobyprep.com

That is the guy you talk to.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Jason@ScoobyPrep.com
    www.scoobyprep.com

That is the guy you talk to.

Sounds like fun to me! Thanks.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How bad is it really?
    By MentalTwitch in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 05:37 PM
  2. Hurt myself tonight...How Bad is it Really???
    By Brfish in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 12:44 AM
  3. How bad is diet soda? Will it interact with supplements?
    By waimoku in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 11:53 AM
  4. How hard is it to keep gains?
    By ripped22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 11:02 AM
  5. Anavar - how mild is it Actually
    By jimmy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 01:36 PM