40/40/20 Diet question

1. 40/40/20 Diet question

So ive been looking to see what diet works for me and i do like the 40/40/20 diet... I weigh 163 lbs so my macros are protien: 185 Carbs: 185 and Fats: 41 ... Since switchin to this diet i am stronger and dropped 2 lbs in 2 weeks ... My question is should i up more calories since i workout 6 days a week or just leave it as is and see how it works

2. Yes. Specifically you shoukd increase fat intake
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

3. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Yes. Specifically you shoukd increase fat intake
    Agreed. Double your fats
    •   

4. dude thats like 1800 cals. if youre tryin to lose weight, thats fine (little low). id probly lower carbs and increase fat myself

if youre tryin to bulk, double the fats and carbs. then youll be sittin at around 3000cals and still plenty of protein

5. Thanks guys ... I will double fats, would almonds with a protien shake be good as a last meal before bed? Just a way to get in some fats for the day? I eat avacado for lunch so just need another fat source option thanks again guys

6. Quote Originally Posted by sergroc129
    Thanks guys ... I will double fats, would almonds with a protien shake be good as a last meal before bed? Just a way to get in some fats for the day? I eat avacado for lunch so just need another fat source option thanks again guys
    Meat

7. Quote Originally Posted by sergroc129 View Post
    Thanks guys ... I will double fats, would almonds with a protien shake be good as a last meal before bed? Just a way to get in some fats for the day? I eat avacado for lunch so just need another fat source option thanks again guys
    whatever you prefer, sour cream, icecream, whole fat milk, eggs. ect..
    1200 pound club

8. Eat a steak

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Eat a steak
    I second this.

10. Mmmmm 40/40/20..... Mmmmm I'm hongry now. Thanks fockers
    Independent Review

11. Since I increased my fats I'm getting stronger and everything is delicious!

12. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Yes. Specifically you shoukd increase fat intake
    Should i double fats and keep macros same? Or drop some carbs and doube fats?

13. Quote Originally Posted by sergroc129 View Post
    Should i double fats and keep macros same? Or drop some carbs and doube fats?
    if you want your calorie intake to be the same you are going to have to either drop carbs or protein if you want to up fats
    1200 pound club

Similar Forum Threads

1. Meal plans for someone on a 40/40/20 diet
    By searcyc2 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 12:51 PM
  2. 40-40-20 diet
    By nolinenowait in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 05:33 PM
  3. Fat intake: 40-40-20 question
    By marshmallow man in forum Weight Loss