Boost glycogen stores on a cut/maintenance?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Boost glycogen stores on a cut/maintenance?

Is it possible to increase glycogen storage capacity on a cut via re-feeds? I understand that dieting depletes them and lifting heavy (1-5 reps) doesn't utilize glycogen as much as the preferred energy substrate (ATP-CP). I'd figure it'd be easier to do when calories are at maintenance levels after my cut is completed. I'd likely do the heavy compounds in the 1-5 rep range and accessory work for the same group in the higher rep range that will still keep most functional strength, yet allow for an increase of storage capacity.. I hope this is an attainable goal as I recognize I should have periodized my training a little better in the fall and not just stick to a max of 8-9 reps.

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

You aren't going to boost your capacity at all. Its pretty much a fixed capacity based on amount of lean mass. I'm not sure exactly what it is you are looking to accomplish, is what you are thinking related to endurance sports?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    You aren't going to boost your capacity at all. Its pretty much a fixed capacity based on amount of lean mass. I'm not sure exactly what it is you are looking to accomplish, is what you are thinking related to endurance sports?
    I'm just referring to sarcoplasmic growth pretty much.. Or "pump growth", if you will...I had made the mistake of not using much periodization w/ 5/3/1 during my bulk and kept my accessory work in the lower rep ranges..I feel I've lost some of that vascular look even at lower BF%
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

bump
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    took the words out of my mouth. you cant increase your maximum storage capacity
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Update on my cut
    By Buffster in forum Pics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 04:47 PM
  2. 4-AD on a cutting cycle?
    By chasec in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 06:39 PM
  3. Comments on a cutting cycle (Clen,M5AA)
    By Vice in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 03:04 PM
  4. Opinions on this cutting cycle needed
    By Bryan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 06:00 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 11:18 PM