LeanGains Intermittant fasting

  1. New Member
    TomGreen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    317
    Answers
    0

    LeanGains Intermittant fasting


    was seriously considering giving this a try, doing the leangains style 16 hours fasting 8 hours feeding. i workout at night around 9 so i was thinking of fasting from 12am to 4pm eating 1 medium meal around 4, small meal around 7, large meal around 11-12... just curious as to anyone who has tried, i was very skeptical at first when everyone jumped on the wagon after the hodgetwins started it but iv been hearing more and more good things and how it keeps you anabolic and allows muscle growth with fat loss. Just curious at to anythoughts; anyone who has tried and disliked or has tried an really liked. would love to hear opinions im just very tired of


  2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0

    it can be a handy way to eat, that's for sure. It allows you to be a bit looser with macros and even calories too. I'm not sure exactly how well it would work with the late night workouts, as I haven't tried it that way
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

  3. New Member
    TomGreen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    317
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    it can be a handy way to eat, that's for sure. It allows you to be a bit looser with macros and even calories too. I'm not sure exactly how well it would work with the late night workouts, as I haven't tried it that way
    thats what i wasnt sure about, taking in the largest amount of calries that close to going to sleep.

    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    cumminslifter's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,839
    Answers
    1

    its just a meal timing protocol, what your doing isnt really the leangains approach. just eat whenever you are hungry/convient
    *185th U.S. Air Force*

  5. Senior Member
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Answers
    0

    "iv been hearing more and more good things and how it keeps you anabolic and allows muscle growth with fat loss."

    ^

    Please explain this miraculous phenomenon that happens from fasting and eating in a window?

    -Matt
    Buy IronMagLabs products and SAVE with matt15

    Buy BlackStone Labs product and SAVE with matt10



  6. New Member
    TomGreen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    317
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    "iv been hearing more and more good things and how it keeps you anabolic and allows muscle growth with fat loss."

    ^

    Please explain this miraculous phenomenon that happens from fasting and eating in a window?

    -Matt
    miraculous phenomenon might be a bit much....but, first of all iv never done it and am not some pro-intermittent fasting spokesperson i was just saying what claims have been made. theres a thing called a search engine and you could probably pull up alot of clinical and university studies on it, and also probably alot of first hand accounts of people whp have done it (if your actually interested)

    But as far as me explaining...nah, i dont know it well enough, iv just heard and seen alot more people starting it and liking it, and wanted to hear from people who had done it and their experience. But i decided its not for me, its too socially awkward, cant live your life like that imo.

  7. Senior Member
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    miraculous phenomenon might be a bit much....but, first of all iv never done it and am not some pro-intermittent fasting spokesperson i was just saying what claims have been made. theres a thing called a search engine and you could probably pull up alot of clinical and university studies on it, and also probably alot of first hand accounts of people whp have done it (if your actually interested)

    But as far as me explaining...nah, i dont know it well enough, iv just heard and seen alot more people starting it and liking it, and wanted to hear from people who had done it and their experience. But i decided its not for me, its too socially awkward, cant live your life like that imo.

    Good choice.

    If you want to maximize muscle accrual/retention etc... I would NOT implement IF'ing , and yes I unfortunately tried it and it was terrible for anyone whom cares about muscle mass and fullness and not just fat-loss.

    -Matt
    Buy IronMagLabs products and SAVE with matt15

    Buy BlackStone Labs product and SAVE with matt10



  8. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    thats what i wasnt sure about, taking in the largest amount of calries that close to going to sleep.
    If you're going to be taking all those calories before going to bed, I would suggest checking out carb backloading.

    Basically, my suggestion would be to steer away from slow digesting carbs at that time of the night, focus on the simple, fast absorbing carbs if you're going to be eating that close to bedtime. No whole foods, sweet potatoes, wheat, etc. Just potatoes, white rice, white pasta, etc.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  9. New Member
    TomGreen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    317
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    If you're going to be taking all those calories before going to bed, I would suggest checking out carb backloading.

    Basically, my suggestion would be to steer away from slow digesting carbs at that time of the night, focus on the simple, fast absorbing carbs if you're going to be eating that close to bedtime. No whole foods, sweet potatoes, wheat, etc. Just potatoes, white rice, white pasta, etc.
    hey thanks for the tip, thats one thing iv been more curious about lately. i was trying to do very minimal carbs after workout but then i was reading thats the best time to take them in. idk, my metablosim has always been fast and never had to worry about diet at all i just ate alot whenever,and made sure i got in alot of protein.

    i just in the last 6 months started putting on weight alot easier and iv been trying to get more tips to avoid chub in my waist. i was at 200 a month ago and already back down to 190 just from cutting out crap like mcdonalds/frozen pizza/soda.

  10. Senior Member
    Clemenza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post

    Good choice.

    If you want to maximize muscle accrual/retention etc... I would NOT implement IF'ing , and yes I unfortunately tried it and it was terrible for anyone whom cares about muscle mass and fullness and not just fat-loss.

    -Matt
    Same here. I gave it a fair 3 weeks. It left me flat with a constantly bloated gut. I enjoy carbs intra workout and 6 to 8 small meals. It's always worked for me, to each his own.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  11. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Answers
    0

    I actually had my best gains with Carb Backloading. But yes, to each its own.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  12. New Member
    a312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    130
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    I actually had my best gains with Carb Backloading. But yes, to each its own.
    How do u carb backload?

  13. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Answers
    0

    No carbs during the day, only eat high GI carbs and promptly post workout at night.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  14. Senior Member
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Answers
    0

    I make my best lean gains carb front loading, middle loading and back loading while keeping fats very low.

    This is my unique body of course and just might not suit most people well...

    Carb sources did not matter or impede progress -- stayed lean on 800g carbs daily.

    -Matt
    Buy IronMagLabs products and SAVE with matt15

    Buy BlackStone Labs product and SAVE with matt10



  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Has anyone tried LeanGains/Intermittent Fasting and HATED IT?
    By Whacked in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM
  2. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 09:31 PM
  3. intermittent fasting
    By Shavani in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 09:47 PM
  4. Dosing Natadrol on a intermitt fasting diet
    By donbx in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 08:08 PM
  5. Intermittent Fasting
    By trackstud100m in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in