Recomping? - AnabolicMinds.com

Recomping?

  1. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Recomping?


    So I;m winding down my bulk up and its time to start recomping. I don't want to cut yet because its only march and I still want to see how much lean mass I Can put on . But heres my question, how do I got about recomping?

    Stats:
    5 foot 8 inches
    187 pounds
    BF % - about 14ish percent, abs slightly visible, okay vascularity

    My maintenance kCals according to the Harris-Benedict Equation is 3300 kCals.

    So when starting a recomp, on my "on" days for lifting i am thinking about eating 200-300 kCals above maintenance, so 3500 to 3600 kCals.
    And on my off days ill eat 500-600 under my mainteinece, so around 2,800 kCals.
    (calories will be 95% healthy/clean foods)

    On my off days ill mix in some cardio, HIIT/sprints/high intensity stair stepper or elliptical for 20 -30 minutes.
    And mix in more cardio on 2 other days of my choice for a total of 4 days of cardio.

    I am currently on a DAA + erase "cycle" and im only 8 days in so I figure if I toss in the anabeta elite i just got i can make this a successful recomp. I also have alphamine on hand as well. What supplements would you guys use for a recomp (anabeta elite/alphamine do I need them ?).

    So total supplement possibilites:
    alphamine
    daa
    erase
    ABE

    So lemme know how this looks and what supplements of those would you use for a recomp, i already have them all in my arsenal so im trying to make this a very effective recomp so I don't have to cut much later on. Thanks guys.

  2. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    A couple of tricks that I learned:
    HIIT 3-4x/week
    40-50% of total carb intake around training
    Keep total calories ~200-300 over maintenance
    Periodized increases in volume
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    A couple of tricks that I learned:
    HIIT 3-4x/week
    40-50% of total carb intake around training
    Keep total calories ~200-300 over maintenance
    Periodized increases in volume
    thanks Rodja, i can whip out the agility ladder for that HIIT . So thats no issue. Alright so 40-50% of my kCals on training days are from carbs and no more than 300 over maintenance. What about the supps ? where do you think I should go with those
    •   
       

  4. bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Rep Power
    10502207

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You are using exactly what I would use for a recomp.

    Although I am a company rep and this looks biased. Anyone who preps for a photo shoot using less than optimal supplements just because they get them for free is a moron lol. If I thought there was something better, I would use it.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  5. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    thanks Rodja, i can whip out the agility ladder for that HIIT . So thats no issue. Alright so 40-50% of my kCals on training days are from carbs and no more than 300 over maintenance. What about the supps ? where do you think I should go with those
    No, you misread what I typed. I said to eat ~40-50% of your total carb intake for the day around training in both your pre-training and post-training meals.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    No, you misread what I typed. I said to eat ~40-50% of your total carb intake for the day around training in both your pre-training and post-training meals.
    ohhhhh alright, thanks that makes more sense.
  7. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    You are using exactly what I would use for a recomp.

    Although I am a company rep and this looks biased. Anyone who preps for a photo shoot using less than optimal supplements just because they get them for free is a moron lol. If I thought there was something better, I would use it.
    you stack everything bdcc/
  8. bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Rep Power
    10502207

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    you stack everything bdcc/
    Yes. Before my last shoot I used ABE, EP and Alphamine.

    I think I used DAA but I tend to cycle it intermittently. I don't notice anything from it so it depends if it is in a supplement formulation I was using at the time i.e. pre workout.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  9. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Yes. Before my last shoot I used ABE, EP and Alphamine.

    I think I used DAA but I tend to cycle it intermittently. I don't notice anything from it so it depends if it is in a supplement formulation I was using at the time i.e. pre workout.
    hmm alright. I was debating on adding alphamine in this stack or save it for cutting... but recomping is pretty much along the lines of losing fat, I feel like alphamine will boost this stack up a notch for sure plus I miss the taste lol
  10. bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Rep Power
    10502207

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    hmm alright. I was debating on adding alphamine in this stack or save it for cutting... but recomping is pretty much along the lines of losing fat, I feel like alphamine will boost this stack up a notch for sure plus I miss the taste lol
    If it were me, I would use it.

    Admittedly, I use it in pretty much every scenario I can so that means nothing lol. I genuinely believe it would be a worthwhile addition though.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  11. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If it were me, I would use it.

    Admittedly, I use it in pretty much every scenario I can so that means nothing lol. I genuinely believe it would be a worthwhile addition though.
    ill give it a try then and see wehre it takes me
  12. bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Rep Power
    10502207

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    ill give it a try then and see wehre it takes me
    Best of luck. We are all on hand if you want any help.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  13. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Best of luck. We are all on hand if you want any help.
    Thanks fellas. Time to drop some BF % points
  14. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    So I decided on carb cycling . 5 days 120 or less grams of carbs the re feeds on the weekend at 350+g . Still calorie surplus on on days and a deficient on off days. I'm feeling the glycogen depletion
  15. AntM1564's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,624
    Rep Power
    675899

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Give this a read OP. I love this method

    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._cycling_codex
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 04:44 PM
  2. Too much Test in this recomp cycle?
    By hardlyworkin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 04:16 PM
  3. cutting/body recomp cycle - please critique
    By Truck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 01:33 AM
  4. 5aa/Test Prop/Tren Ace - Recomp/cutter - ???
    By Poobah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 09:51 AM
  5. Body Recomp
    By BrKonman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in