How long can frozen chicken be left out for?

  1. How long can frozen chicken be left out for?


    I had some chicken in the freezer that I wanted to cook for lunch the next day. So i took it out of the freezer when I got home from work at 5. but i fell asleep and forgot to cook and it sat out all night. Is it still good or should I toss it?


  2. It should be alright. Ideally you should thaw meat in the fridge 24hrs prior to use
    •   
       

  3. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    toss, no question
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  4. Quote Originally Posted by whosurmama View Post
    I had some chicken in the freezer that I wanted to cook for lunch the next day. So i took it out of the freezer when I got home from work at 5. but i fell asleep and forgot to cook and it sat out all night. Is it still good or should I toss it?
    Unless you have a weak stomach and digestive problems you should be okay to cook that chicken.
    “Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our enemies have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?" - General Secretary of The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, Joseph Stalin.

  5. Toss it. Why the heck are people saying its ok? Bacteria grows at that temperature (hence the invention of fridges to minimalise bacterial growth).

    Might be too late, but next time, toss it.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  6. left out all night? throw it away

  7. Throw it away. I acquired my ServeSafe license and one of the big things they teach you is that there are only 3 safe ways to thaw meat

    -refrigerator

    -microwaving it

    -leave it under running COLD water

  8. Lol wasting perfectly good chicken. Kids in Africa would have killed each other over that night old chicken.
    “Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our enemies have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?" - General Secretary of The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, Joseph Stalin.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    Throw it away. I acquired my ServeSafe license and one of the big things they teach you is that there are only 3 safe ways to thaw meat

    -refrigerator

    -microwaving it

    -leave it under running COLD water
    That's because of resteraunt liability and public health they take those high precautions. It's moron proof set standard so the public had less chance of receiving tainted meat because alot of people don't have the care or common sense on their own to make safe decisions. In your home you can be more lenient. Yes bacteria grows at a certain temp but cooked properly if left out that long will kill the harmful elements. That's not saying let the meat sit in the sun all day and thaw then forget and eat it the next day but if its left in the sink 12 hours thawing on its own then you cook it till the internal temp is160* then it's fine. No harm in being over cautious but use within reason and you'll be fine.
  10. Re: How long can frozen chicken be left out for?


    According to some here i should be dead by now lol.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    According to some here i should be dead by now lol.
    we are not saying he will die if he its eat we are just saying why risk getting sick?
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    That's because of resteraunt liability and public health they take those high precautions. It's moron proof set standard so the public had less chance of receiving tainted meat because alot of people don't have the care or common sense on their own to make safe decisions. In your home you can be more lenient. Yes bacteria grows at a certain temp but cooked properly if left out that long will kill the harmful elements. That's not saying let the meat sit in the sun all day and thaw then forget and eat it the next day but if its left in the sink 12 hours thawing on its own then you cook it till the internal temp is160* then it's fine. No harm in being over cautious but use within reason and you'll be fine.
    No you're absolutely right and I am certainly more lenient at my house as I often thaw meat by leaving it on the counter for a few hours I was just merely trying to point it out for reference.

    However, in his situation I would likely throw it away as imo that's too long to leave meat out but that's just me.

  13. If it was a $16 steak I would probably cook it lol but a chicken breast that cost probably $2..why risk it?
  14. Re: How long can frozen chicken be left out for?


    Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    we are not saying he will die if he its eat we are just saying why risk getting sick?
    No i know, it was more of a joke more than anything lol.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  15. Toss it. The ****s, missed training days, no diet to speak of for days and a raw ass hole aren't worth salvaging a chicken breast. I feel as sorry for hungry third world people as the next guy but they weren't going to eat your chicken anyways.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Toss it. The ****s, missed training days, no diet to speak of for days and a raw ass hole aren't worth salvaging a chicken breast. I feel as sorry for hungry third world people as the next guy but they weren't going to eat your chicken anyways.
    I like tossing my chicken and I favor it being in the mouths of exotic women from third world countries ;-)

  17. why is this thread still going???
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  18. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    I like tossing my chicken and I favor it being in the mouths of exotic women from third world countries ;-)
    In Calgary, strippers wear belts with a magnet where the buckle should be. Since they use coins for small bills, you try to hit the magnet and some times you can bean them right on the ***** and then order fresh chicken from the kitchen.

  19. ****ing genius idea with the magnets.
    “Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our enemies have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?" - General Secretary of The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, Joseph Stalin.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post

    In Calgary, strippers wear belts with a magnet where the buckle should be. Since they use coins for small bills, you try to hit the magnet and some times you can bean them right on the ***** and then order fresh chicken from the kitchen.
    What?! Lmao! Are you serious? This I gotta try!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    What?! Lmao! Are you serious? This I gotta try!
    Yep.

    I forget the name of the place because any time I've been I was completely hammered before getting there (I hate to say it but Canadian beer is actually better, our microbrews are catching up) but I remember a large pair of plastic tits out front, facing the street. I want to say it's within walking distance from The Sandman Hotel downtown but it's entirely possible we took a train and I forgot.

    The best part is that when they want their tip, they literally have to stick their pussies out at you to position the belt correctly. You can really zing them.

  22. What's with the fresh chicken though? I don't see where food comes into play with this or why. Not that it doesn't make it sound like an even better time... And yes Canadian beer is the ****!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    What's with the fresh chicken though? I don't see where food comes into play with this or why. Not that it doesn't make it sound like an even better time... And yes Canadian beer is the ****!
    Opposing the OPs dirty chicken.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 11:18 PM
  2. How long can LR3 be warm b4 being no good
    By UnicronSpawn in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 11:34 PM
  3. how long can IGF be run...
    By mywetnightmares in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 12:22 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 03:32 AM
  5. How long can Methyl powders be stored?
    By Hellhound in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Log in
Log in