Honey


  1. I know honey has alot of health benefits and I use honey on a daily basis as a sweetener in the many cups of green tea I drink daily. I know that raw honey is ideal but there's raw honey that looks like regular honey and raw honey that's dense, non transparent and almost a wax like consistency. I have two examples in my cupboard here.

    Name:  image-3426807682.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  514.8 KB

    Without knowing for certain I always thought the thick less processed looking version would be the better choice but seeing so many honeys looking like the one on the right claiming to be raw, and some raw and organic makes me question it.


  2. Nobody? Is this a dumb question?
  3. Re: Honey


    Not dumb i just dont think anyone actually know the answer
    •   
       


  4. Ya I guess I just assumed someone would have insight since it makes for a great natural sweetener. I picked up a juicer the other day and been experimenting. Some of the more bitter tasting blends I've added a teaspoon of the organic honey and makes for some awesome tasting healthiness

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    I know honey has alot of health benefits and I use honey on a daily basis as a sweetener in the many cups of green tea I drink daily. I know that raw honey is ideal but there's raw honey that looks like regular honey and raw honey that's dense, non transparent and almost a wax like consistency. I have two examples in my cupboard here.

    Name:  image-3426807682.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  514.8 KB

    Without knowing for certain I always thought the thick less processed looking version would be the better choice but seeing so many honeys looking like the one on the right claiming to be raw, and some raw and organic makes me question it.
    Honey consistency varies depending on its physical structure or the way its processed, of which may be minimal but in some cases heating does still occur.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Honey consistency varies depending on its physical structure or the way its processed, of which may be minimal but in some cases heating does still occur.
    Ok sooooo?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Ok sooooo?
    Depends on preference, imo. I go with the creamier one personally
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Depends on preference, imo. I go with the creamier one personally
    Ok so your saying the consistency just has to do with the amount of hear applied to it through jarring and doesn't have anything to deal with the amount of beneficial properties being filtered out? I guess I thought the dense thick waxy honey had more honeycomb in it,

  9. I love it. I put that **** on everything! Haha jk I always stir in a good tsp with my green tea 3 times a day and more on extremely active days.

  10. The one on the left is the good stuff!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Honey Nut Cheerios
    By Guest in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
  2. Honey
    By size in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 09:19 AM
  3. Smuckers Natty Peanut Butter with Honey
    By Cold in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 04:26 PM
  4. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 11:37 AM
  5. Honey is the natural carbohydrate source for endurance
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Log in
Log in