Extreme carb cycling for simultaneous muscle gain and fat loss

  1. New Member
    supbrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

    Extreme carb cycling for simultaneous muscle gain and fat loss


    this is a program I have perfected over the last few months that has worked very well for both myself as well as several others on another forum.

    If followed consistently you will gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously, although you will bottom out at 7-8% bodyfat. The program is based upon being in a calorie surplus (high calorie, high carb) for 5 days before cutting calories and carbs to very low levels to facilitate fat loss.

    this program is very specific in both nutrition and training and thus both parts of the program must be on point for success.

    Monday - Upper body - High carb diet 600 calories above maintenance

    Tuesday - Lower body - same

    Wednesday - Upper body - same

    Thursday - Low body - same Friday

    - Rest - High/moderate carb 200 calories above maintenance

    Saturday - Cardio or Rest (No weight training) - low carb diet (less than 100 grams carbs) - very low calorie: 100-200 calories above BMR (about 12x bodyweight) 1600-2000 calories for most males, 1200-1500 for females

    Sunday - repeat saturday

    Recent research has shown that the human body can shift from a mainly anabolic (muscle building) state to a mainly lypolytic (fat burning) state in less than 24 hours. Monday through Thursday you eat a high carb, high calorie diet and train heavily, promoting anabolism. Protein synthesis is increased for roughly 36 hours after exercise and thus Friday allows you to recover and grow from the week's workouts.

    By Saturday morning protein synthesis is back to baseline levels and thus cutting calories drastically will not hurt recovery and muscle growth.

    Cutting carbs and calories down to very low levels will stimulate very rapid fat loss.

    This is compounded by high thyroid and leptin levels from the 5 days of overfeeding. Keeping calories above your BMR will keep you metabolism funtional while burning fat. The fact that the cutting portion is only 2 days will keep your muscle in place as muscle is very difficult to lose in as few as 2 days.

    While this program is not magic it will allow you to gain 2 to 3 pounds per month while simultaneously losing fat.

    A good friend went from 165-170 in eight weeks while cutting his bodyfat from 12% to 8%.

    This program has yet to be perfected and thus I am open to suggestions on how to improve it

  2. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,637
    Rep Power
    2788149
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    42.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    hmmmm sounds interesting.
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. New Member
    keithgeiling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    14593
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    53.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by supbrah View Post
    this is a program I have perfected over the last few months that has worked very well for both myself as well as several others on another forum.

    If followed consistently you will gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously, although you will bottom out at 7-8% bodyfat. The program is based upon being in a calorie surplus (high calorie, high carb) for 5 days before cutting calories and carbs to very low levels to facilitate fat loss.

    this program is very specific in both nutrition and training and thus both parts of the program must be on point for success.

    Monday - Upper body - High carb diet 600 calories above maintenance

    Tuesday - Lower body - same

    Wednesday - Upper body - same

    Thursday - Low body - same Friday

    - Rest - High/moderate carb 200 calories above maintenance

    Saturday - Cardio or Rest (No weight training) - low carb diet (less than 100 grams carbs) - very low calorie: 100-200 calories above BMR (about 12x bodyweight) 1600-2000 calories for most males, 1200-1500 for females

    Sunday - repeat saturday

    Recent research has shown that the human body can shift from a mainly anabolic (muscle building) state to a mainly lypolytic (fat burning) state in less than 24 hours. Monday through Thursday you eat a high carb, high calorie diet and train heavily, promoting anabolism. Protein synthesis is increased for roughly 36 hours after exercise and thus Friday allows you to recover and grow from the week's workouts.

    By Saturday morning protein synthesis is back to baseline levels and thus cutting calories drastically will not hurt recovery and muscle growth.

    Cutting carbs and calories down to very low levels will stimulate very rapid fat loss.

    This is compounded by high thyroid and leptin levels from the 5 days of overfeeding. Keeping calories above your BMR will keep you metabolism funtional while burning fat. The fact that the cutting portion is only 2 days will keep your muscle in place as muscle is very difficult to lose in as few as 2 days.

    While this program is not magic it will allow you to gain 2 to 3 pounds per month while simultaneously losing fat.

    A good friend went from 165-170 in eight weeks while cutting his bodyfat from 12% to 8%.

    This program has yet to be perfected and thus I am open to suggestions on how to improve it
    I also think is sounds interesting but can I ask about your Tuesday and Thursday lower body days? I'm assuming not the same excersises? I think I might be way to sore to hit anything significant 2 days later?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    supbrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by keithgeiling View Post
    I also think is sounds interesting but can I ask about your Tuesday and Thursday lower body days? I'm assuming not the same excersises? I think I might be way to sore to hit anything significant 2 days later?
    Yes different excersises
    You would isolate the leg muscles for different days
    Ex. Hams on one.day quads on the other etc.
  5. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,637
    Rep Power
    2788149
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    42.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by keithgeiling View Post
    I also think is sounds interesting but can I ask about your Tuesday and Thursday lower body days? I'm assuming not the same excersises? I think I might be way to sore to hit anything significant 2 days later?
    squats on day 1 and deads on day 2. i use to squat heavy day 1 and use secondaries day 2
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  6. New Member
    supbrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

    Bumpp
  7. New Member
    supbrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

    Bump #2
  8. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,630
    Rep Power
    3759021
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    90.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Sounds like an inverse UD 2.0 (kinda).
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  9. New Member
    supbrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Sounds like an inverse UD 2.0 (kinda).
    Yes it basically is or an inverse anabolic diet
  10. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,630
    Rep Power
    3759021
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    90.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by supbrah View Post
    Yes it basically is or an inverse anabolic diet
    Sounds solid to me. I never really do the typical "bulk" and always have some sort of caloric variance from day to day (usually CHO intake), so I like the layout of this.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  11. New Member
    a312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    45384
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    24.21%

    Think it could work for a woman for far loss?
  12. New Member
    a312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    45384
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    24.21%

    Fat**
  13. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,432
    Rep Power
    1283341
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    how are your workouts on monday after 2 days on such low calories though that woudl be my only issue , other than that i like it
  14. New Member
    supbrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    how are your workouts on monday after 2 days on such low calories though that woudl be my only issue , other than that i like it
    Still making new PRs every week and just get in a lot of carbs before your workout and you should be fine
  15. New Member
    supbrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by a312 View Post
    Think it could work for a woman for far loss?
    Yes this definately works with women, but if you just are looking for pure fat loss I.recomend doing a more fat loss oriented diet
  16. Senior Member
    saggy321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,393
    Rep Power
    116674
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    81.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It does sound v interesting. I've been following the opposite at the moment, lower calories during the week when training and higher calories at the weekend when resting. I know it sounds counter intuitive but I find compliance easier to a diet when at work. I also feel replenished and ready to hit the workouts on Monday after rest and a refeed. I don't know if I could go through an entire weekend of low calories whilst at home with the family!
  17. Senior Member
    jswain34's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,052
    Rep Power
    486751
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    95.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Interested in this, when you say "high carb"/"low carb" would that be like 2 g cho/lb for high and .25 g cho/lb for low carb?

    Edit: okay I see the low carb recommondation but what about the high carb?
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
  18. New Member
    supbrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    It does sound v interesting. I've been following the opposite at the moment, lower calories during the week when training and higher calories at the weekend when resting. I know it sounds counter intuitive but I find compliance easier to a diet when at work. I also feel replenished and ready to hit the workouts on Monday after rest and a refeed. I don't know if I could go through an entire weekend of low calories whilst at home with the family!
    This is where your dedication is put to the test, I personally find it better low calorie during the weekend so I don't have to worry much about eating and to Get other things done
  19. New Member
    supbrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Interested in this, when you say "high carb"/"low carb" would that be like 2 g cho/lb for high and .25 g cho/lb for low carb?

    Edit: okay I see the low carb recommondation but what about the high carb?
    I personally just eat .4 x bw for fats and 1.2 x bw for protein, I just filll the rest for carbs and some extra protein, but yea I would say I get 2x~3x grams per pound, for the low carb days one should eat under 100 grams, I personally.keep it as low as possible
  20. Senior Member
    jswain34's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,052
    Rep Power
    486751
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    95.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by supbrah View Post

    I personally just eat .4 x bw for fats and 1.2 x bw for protein, I just filll the rest for carbs and some extra protein, but yea I would say I get 2x~3x grams per pound, for the low carb days one should eat under 100 grams, I personally.keep it as low as possible
    Got it boss. I'll probably go .5 fats because I love fat but I might give it a go here after vacation
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
  21. New Member
    tshaw024's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    31.15%

    What do your macros look like on the high calorie days...? I.e. how many times bodyweight, and protein, carb, fat ratios???
  22. Senior Member
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,363
    Rep Power
    768550
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    40.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This is essentially Carb back loading
  23. New Member
    nemix's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    16117
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    71.69%

    So been about 2 months since this thread started, anyone try this out? I'm looking to start it after my cut in about a month
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anavar for lean muscle mass and fat loss
    By supergirly9 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 12:43 AM
  2. Intermittent Fasting, Carb Cycling for lean mass gains
    By jwalker497 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 11:20 AM
  3. animal eaters toggling approach to muscle gain and fat loss
    By animaleater in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 02:35 AM
  4. best muscle gain and weight loss
    By eljayelrey in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 11:54 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 01:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in