How to gain weight ??? - AnabolicMinds.com

How to gain weight ???

1. New Member

How to gain weight ???

I am 21 year old male 8 stone 4 pound 5 ft 5 i want to gain at least a stone in weight i eat **** loads of food and all the right stuff I'm constantly feeling sick i eat that much but for the life of me i cant gain weight what am i doing wrong any help please

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What's your daily caloric intake?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by lucas1992 View Post
    I am 21 year old male 8 stone 4 pound 5 ft 5 i want to gain at least a stone in weight i eat **** loads of food and all the right stuff I'm constantly feeling sick i eat that much but for the life of me i cant gain weight what am i doing wrong any help please
    Use more calorie dense foods
    •   

4. New Member

Round a out 3500 cal a day
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Round a out 3500 cal a day
    Is that tracked or estimated? More often than not, people overestimate how much they're actually eating. Unless you're tracking your intake daily, then you may or may not be near that number and could be closer to 2500 per day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. New Member

Just a guess with what a eat i dont try keep a eye on everything i eat and calculate my intake but don't seem t be gaining any foods i can look out for or snacks as i have a kinda busy work day??
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Just a guess with what a eat i dont try keep a eye on everything i eat and calculate my intake but don't seem t be gaining any foods i can look out for or snacks as i have a kinda busy work day??
    If it's just a guess, then I can confidently say that you are overestimating how much you are actually eating. The choices you make for particular foods is up for personal debate as everyone has their own philosophy, but I lean towards eating more calorie dense foods such as whole eggs, chicken thighs, whole milk, etc.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm at 4000cal PD and still having problems staying up (230-250lbs) mostly because of my sleep, depends on your metabolism and what kind of food your eating. Sleep and alcohol consumption play a role in your weight. You will never gain weight on salads and veg, something to think about pound the complex carbs.
  9. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The only way to gain weight is to eat more calories than your daily maintenance allows. This will be eating
    at least a surplus of 300 to 500 calories per day to get your weight to rise. I would suggest eating heavy
    foods like protein and carbs to do a mass gain. IF you have a high metabolism you will need to eat more meals
  10. New Member

your activity level may be to blame...a fast metabolism coupled with even moderate activity throughout the day can stop gains....i believe that hardgainers often both miscalculate the amount of calories they need to compensate for metabolic rate and also overestimate how many calories they actually consume.....5000 in a day isnt a huge deal, but 5000 calories EVERY DAY is difficult and thats what it will take to succeed. consistency.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to gauge weight gain on cycle?
    By Castor87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 10:56 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
  3. How to GAIN water weight?
    By FatalFunnel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM
  4. fruit juices to gain weight
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 01:20 PM
  5. WHat is the fastest way to gain weight?
    By BOZITIME in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 01:32 PM