Multivitamins!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.44%

Multivitamins!

My buddy recently got his pro card in men's physique, or something like that.

Though I am not trying to be a competitor, I am trying to continue to build muscle.

He said having a good, or the "right" multivitamin is vital to overall physique when working out and dieting.

Is this true, and if so **WHICH MULTIVITAMIN WOULD ONE RECOMMEND**

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

It's certainly not VITAL to your physique. I can't imagine a scenario in which a multivitamin enhances the physique much, unless there are deficiencies. It would be more accurate to say vital to your overall health. Even then, a balanced and varied diet can do the same thing as a multivitamin, and probably better.

That said, we're not all eating a perfect diet, and a multi can fill in the gaps. I personally have been sitting on a pile of G N C vitamins that I stocked up on when I worked there (couldn't you tell from the vitamin shtick?), but there are lots of better options out there.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.14%

Vitamins and minerals act as catalysts for reactions in the body, including reactions important to hypertrophy, fat loss et cetera.

Google search "zinc and testosterone", "calcium and muscle contraction" and "b-vitamins and fat metabolism" for a just few of examples.

Supplement companies pushing products for bodybuilders tend to formulate vitamins favorably for bodybuilders too, I would start looking around with that in mind.

Personally, I like Optimum Nutrition vitamins.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

B Vitamins are easily enough obtained from the diet; so there is generally little need to supplement with those. Take calcium and zinc supplements away from each other, although again, these needn't usually be supplemented if your diet contains lots of dairy and meat/peanut products (and they should also not be dosed at the same time as they fight for absorbtion).

In fact most of the vitamins present in a multi-v won't help UNLESS you have known deficiencies; if you do decide to supplement, Orange Triad is one of the top ones. Each vitamin is present in huge excess which means that it will help offset the lack of absorption that accompanies a multi-v.

IMO avoid Iron containing supps at all costs unless under advisary of a health professional
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    B Vitamins are easily enough obtained from the diet; so there is generally little need to supplement with those. Take calcium and zinc supplements away from each other, although again, these needn't usually be supplemented if your diet contains lots of dairy and meat/peanut products (and they should also not be dosed at the same time as they fight for absorbtion).

In fact most of the vitamins present in a multi-v won't help UNLESS you have known deficiencies; if you do decide to supplement, Orange Triad is one of the top ones. Each vitamin is present in huge excess which means that it will help offset the lack of absorption that accompanies a multi-v.

IMO avoid Iron containing supps at all costs unless under advisary of a health professional
    Good info right here.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

Great information. Thanks man!!! I'm going to look when i get out of class and purchase some.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin1 View Post
    Great information. Thanks man!!! I'm going to look when i get out of class and purchase some.
    FYI Optimum Nutrition contains vitamins in excess as well and is generally cheaper than Orange Triad and some of the other companies.

Animal Pak is expensive but they separate your dose so that you can avoid absorption issues. It's a pain in the ass but a good protocol.

There are quite a few options out there.

Personally my diet tends to be pretty solid but I do take vitamins as a type of micronutrient insurance.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post

FYI Optimum Nutrition contains vitamins in excess as well and is generally cheaper than Orange Triad and some of the other companies.

Animal Pak is expensive but they separate your dose so that you can avoid absorption issues. It's a pain in the ass but a good protocol.

There are quite a few options out there.

Personally my diet tends to be pretty solid but I do take vitamins as a type of micronutrient insurance.
    I am a huge proponent of OT. It covers all your bases and has truly efficacious doses. $24.99 at NP for 45 days is huge.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.55%

What is the consensus on NOW Adam?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I like now Adam. Been using a whole organic food one from vcost that I really like
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.55%

VITAL is a strong word haha, sounds like a supplement ad. Just eat right and enough food to do what you want to do...but hey, at least multivitamins are cheaper then every other supplement

Similar Forum Threads

1. Multivitamin?
    By TheLaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 05:23 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 01:05 PM
  3. My Multivitamins expired 12/00
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
  4. What multivitamins do you take?