Carbs vs calories?

  1. Carbs vs calories?


    Hey guys, looking to cut some fat! I want to maintain as much muscle as possible and I am wondering if running low carbs but eating around 2500 cals a day would work, or should I cut cals down more to say 2100-2200 and keeps carbs around 200-300 max like I try to do on my avg day now? My maintenance is around 2700 right now. Confused on how to get any leaner then I am now, I freak out and feel like I am shrinking when the scale goes down!


  2. that would be trial and error, do both? allow your deficiency to be carbs. tdee is also trial and error, my tdee is around 2800 but i seem to gain some fat at 2600

  3. Quote Originally Posted by SlyCamaro
    Hey guys, looking to cut some fat! I want to maintain as much muscle as possible and I am wondering if running low carbs but eating around 2500 cals a day would work, or should I cut cals down more to say 2100-2200 and keeps carbs around 200-300 max like I try to do on my avg day now? My maintenance is around 2700 right now. Confused on how to get any leaner then I am now, I freak out and feel like I am shrinking when the scale goes down!
    Dont use a scale.. Mirror>scale
    •   
       


  4. Thanks, I ya I need to stay off the scale! Gonna stay low carb but not crazy low.

  5. Throw in a refeed once in a while

  6. Change it up daily and see how you feel and the changes you notice.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    Change it up daily and see how you feel and the changes you notice.
    to each is their own however it takes longer than a day to determine if the current method is working or not. finding a personal niche takes a little time and trial and error.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    to each is their own however it takes longer than a day to determine if the current method is working or not. finding a personal niche takes a little time and trial and error.

    Ya I agree, yesterday I had about 2300 cals and just a hint over a 100g carbs. I steped up my water and salt intake, gonna see how this plays out.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. As simple as calories in vs calories out, or is it?
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM
  2. Calories in VS Calories out ???
    By mmacrazy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 02:23 PM
  3. recovery, MPS, Carb vs Protein PWO
    By crazyfool405 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 06:20 PM
  4. Calories Burned vs calories taken
    By xaktsaroth in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Log in
Log in