eating lard for calories instead of butter, good idea?

  1. eating lard for calories instead of butter, good idea?


    Okay, so I've been trying to do a clean bulk and get no more than 100 grams of carbs a day. The trouble is getting all the calories is a real bitch when you have limited founds. The way I've been getting extra calories is by eating roughly 5 table spoons of butter a day. I cook with butter as much as I can and sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful for calories. I've also bought some coconut oil for calories, but in the long run it may be better to just drop the coconut oil since it's more expensive than butter. My question is, would it be cheaper if I switched to eating lard instead of butter? How is lard when it comes to trans fat, saturated fat, calories and price when it compared to butter? I have never once bought lard so I do not even know how much lard roughly cost at the store.


  2. Odd choice for a calorie filler. I easily do about 8 tbsp of pb a day with milk

  3. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Odd choice for a calorie filler. I easily do about 8 tbsp of pb a day with milk
    See I haven't been using pb because of the sugar. I'm trying to keep my diet low carbs and low sugar.
    •   
       


  4. Well there goes my mega dosed donut suggestion
  5. Re: eating lard for calories instead of butter, good idea?


    You are on the right track with coconut oil and butter. Both are excellent for calories and nutrition

    Lard is tricky. Its fine for every once in a while but I wouldn't make it the bulk of your fat intake. Lard is about 10% omega 6 which isn't horrible but compared to 1.8% and 3.4% from coconut oil and butter it is a tad high but still nothing to crazy to be concerned over although lard from confined grain fed pigs can be as high as 33% omega 6.

    Why only 100g carbs? Also what's your protein intake like?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  6. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD

    See I haven't been using pb because of the sugar. I'm trying to keep my diet low carbs and low sugar.
    I make my own peanut butter with a coffee grinder a tiny bit of oil and sweet and low.. Its cheaper than peanut butter. It works for me because if i have a jar of peanut butter its hard to resist taking a spoon to that biotch

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    You are on the right track with coconut oil and butter. Both are excellent for calories and nutrition

    Lard is tricky. Its fine for every once in a while but I wouldn't make it the bulk of your fat intake. Lard is about 10% omega 6 which isn't horrible but compared to 1.8% and 3.4% from coconut oil and butter it is a tad high but still nothing to crazy to be concerned over although lard from confined grain fed pigs can be as high as 33% omega 6.

    Why only 100g carbs? Also what's your protein intake like?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    My carbs are that low to help minimize fat. Even at 100g carbs though and maintenance calories I'm still around and this is just a guess around 18% bf. I try to get around 220g of protein a day and I upped my calories from 2,500 which I believe is my maintenance to about 2,800, but I may up them again if I continue to see no improvement in arm growth.

  8. i dunno what kinda meat you eat, but switching from 97/3 to 80/20 ground beef would make a big difference

    have you tried adding olive oil to your shakes? or have some non-fat-free salad dressing with a meal. you can munch on some nuts as well

    eating a stick of butter sounds disguisting
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    i dunno what kinda meat you eat, but switching from 97/3 to 80/20 ground beef would make a big difference

    have you tried adding olive oil to your shakes? or have some non-fat-free salad dressing with a meal. you can munch on some nuts as well

    eating a stick of butter sounds disguisting
    Well see I eat a lot of ground turkey and once or twice a week I'll have read meat, like a steak or beef burgers. I do have spinach with olive oil before dinner, but in the end I still need that butter.

  10. Whole eggs. Bacon. Coconut meat. Mmm
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. DCP adds to cart for $34 instead of advertised $19
    By fatburner2007 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 12:29 PM
  2. In College, Lack of Cash, Good Idea For Bulking foods?
    By jonesBones40 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 10:53 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 05:15 PM
  4. Test Prop. for HRT instead of Test Cyp./Enan.??
    By Kid in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 11:14 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Log in
Log in