Whats the worst food you ate beacuse of your employer or client

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Whats the worst food you ate beacuse of your employer or client


    My job depends on interacting with people, that's how all my income and job security is kept. You don't want to be the out cast. In order to advance in at you job you have to eat or drink with clients, or bosses. So what's the worst food you had to eat because of your job.


  2. Army DFAC lunch.

    Or cold MREs, its a tossup.
    •   
       


  3. Snake is not bad. I've had rattlesnake and cobra. I also drank cobra blood with thai whiskey. I'm pretty adventurous with food. The worst I think may be cockroaches. Or just horrible horrible lamb here in Afghanistan. I love lamb, but these guys the way they do it the stew is, I don't know, rancid or something.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  4. Sounds like you got a shltty job. I'm the guy who passes on the cake and drinks water instead of soda at work functions.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  5. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Or just horrible horrible lamb here in Afghanistan. I love lamb, but these guys the way they do it the stew is, I don't know, rancid or something.
    I'm looking into trying more ruminent meats. Never had lamb or goat before. Got any suggestions/recipes?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  6. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I'm looking into trying more ruminent meats. Never had lamb or goat before. Got any suggestions/recipes?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope, I only know how to cook good tasting stuff lol. The local Afghan food is just another, I dunno, it's bad. Though goat and lamb are really good imo. I love roast lamb chops with mint sauce. It's more of a european way of preparing it. Recipes can be found online really easy. Doesn't take to long to prepare and cook in the oven.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  7. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Snake is not bad. I've had rattlesnake and cobra. I also drank cobra blood with thai whiskey. I'm pretty adventurous with food. The worst I think may be cockroaches. Or just horrible horrible lamb here in Afghanistan. I love lamb, but these guys the way they do it the stew is, I don't know, rancid or something.
    .Lamb no way, I love lamb, lol I felt sick for like 2 days after I ate snake. It was all mental but I was not ready for this guy to pop out with that.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

    I'm looking into trying more ruminent meats. Never had lamb or goat before. Got any suggestions/recipes?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Have you tried rabbit, buffalo or deer

  9. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    .Lamb no way, I love lamb, lol I felt sick for like 2 days after I ate snake. It was all mental but I was not ready for this guy to pop out with that.
    I do to, but not the way these *******s prepare it.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post

    I do to, but not the way these *******s prepare it.
    F-ing haggis lol can make a hell of a chicken Shawarma ill tell you that much.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post

    I do to, but not the way these *******s prepare it.
    Those haggis can make a hell of a Shawarma lol

  12. meat that was half bloody

  13. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I'm looking into trying more ruminent meats. Never had lamb or goat before. Got any suggestions/recipes?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    You're missing out not having lamb; Spit roast a lamb and add something like Honey, mint and rosemary if you like sauces or for something more subtle just get a sprig of rosemary and cook it with.

  14. Fast Food
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  15. Sounds like you got a shltty job.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by kateean2 View Post
    Sounds like you got a shltty job.
    Job is good but dealing with people's customs is ****tttty

  17. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    Have you tried rabbit, buffalo or deer
    Awesome - all 3. Horse was a little different (think sheep that bodybuilds...). Never have had snake - interested to try it. I love some good lamb though -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  18. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post

    Awesome - all 3. Horse was a little different (think sheep that bodybuilds...). Never have had snake - interested to try it. I love some good lamb though -
    Don't judge me for what I'm about to say. I had this client one time that he requested cooked pigs blood, it was really good. I think he did it to test me. We both sat down ate it laughter broke out after, I asked wtf was you thinking.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    Don't judge me for what I'm about to say. I had this client one time that he requested cooked pigs blood, it was really good. I think he did it to test me. We both sat down ate it laughter broke out after, I asked wtf was you thinking.
    Was it used in Asian food?

    I've had some sort of blood in a Vietnamese dish that looked like basically canned cranberry sauce, somewhat solid "patty" - kinda tastes like liver, but less meaty, if you will
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  20. i'm one of the younger ppl where i work and i'm surrounded by older women...for the most part they know i'll say no to whatever they make but this one lady just doesn't get it and puts her random stuff on my desk.....most of their food is good but i've had chilli from one lady and i swore i had a bowling ball in my stomach the rest of the day, how could u make it that bad

    i used to work in a restaurant and we'd buy food from new restaurants to compare food, a few times the new restaurants were god awful....needless to say a lot of them didn't stay in business

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    Don't judge me for what I'm about to say. I had this client one time that he requested cooked pigs blood, it was really good. I think he did it to test me. We both sat down ate it laughter broke out after, I asked wtf was you thinking.
    In here we have a pigs blood smoked sausage that's pretty good! Extremely good either fresh or boilled

  22. Personaly worst food I hate was Macrobiotic food at college's cafeteria...tofu and soy tastes like bread and vegetarian lazagna always weird tasting...but I still go there after eating the meat meal, never know when I might like something and still it's a protein source

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Broly View Post

    In here we have a pigs blood smoked sausage that's pretty good! Extremely good either fresh or boilled
    Yup you nailed it. That's exactly how they made it. It was good

  24. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post

    Was it used in Asian food?

    I've had some sort of blood in a Vietnamese dish that looked like basically canned cranberry sauce, somewhat solid "patty" - kinda tastes like liver, but less meaty, if you will
    No they made it sausage style

  25. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    Yup you nailed it. That's exactly how they made it. It was good
    Yeah! It's traditionaly made around the pig's "Mantança" (late October untill earlly January), we call it murcela (in case you wanna try it some time later). Talking about pig's blood, we also have a sweet made from it called papas de moado, it kind of have the texture of pudding but as it takes alot of cinnamon and some other spices and it's pretty sweet it's great tasting too, but when it takes nutmeg on it I don't like it so much...I prefer the nutmegless version

  26. I'm intrigued - sounds tasty
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Broly View Post

    Yeah! It's traditionaly made around the pig's "Mantança" (late October untill earlly January), we call it murcela (in case you wanna try it some time later). Talking about pig's blood, we also have a sweet made from it called papas de moado, it kind of have the texture of pudding but as it takes alot of cinnamon and some other spices and it's pretty sweet it's great tasting too, but when it takes nutmeg on it I don't like it so much...I prefer the nutmegless version
    Murcela. Thanks I most likely will eat murcela when ever I can find it.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    My job depends on interacting with people, that's how all my income and job security is kept. You don't want to be the out cast. In order to advance in at you job you have to eat or drink with clients, or bosses. So what's the worst food you had to eat because of your job.
    Romanian sour soup with tripe in it. Horrible. We were staying on a remote base in Romania (not even sure if I'm supposed to admit that) and they set up a make shift chow hall in the old soviet kitchen. Old roma ladies made food and gawked at the American boys. It was horrible.

    Now worst meal in terms if healthy eating, I dunno... Maybe poptarts for three meals in the day bc they wouldn't let me leave a jet I was working on... Or an MRE. Those are laden with dead cAlories
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  29. Haha! Im a sissy! I had to eat a roasted beet! I was working as a pre chef and couldnt stand them and one of the other chefs wouldnt let me leave until I ate and swallowed it! Gagorama!!! Blehhh!

    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor

  30. Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    Haha! Im a sissy! I had to eat a roasted beet! I was working as a pre chef and couldnt stand them and one of the other chefs wouldnt let me leave until I ate and swallowed it! Gagorama!!! Blehhh!

    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Beets are ok. One time I made beet juice with a juicer and drank about a half gallon. The next day lol I thought I had ducked up my liver. My 1 and two were bloody red. I rushed to the ER after all the labs came back I remember I drank concentrated beet juice and that was one of the effects. Boy was I red in the face lol

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Drizzie88 View Post

    Romanian sour soup with tripe in it. Horrible. We were staying on a remote base in Romania (not even sure if I'm supposed to admit that) and they set up a make shift chow hall in the old soviet kitchen. Old roma ladies made food and gawked at the American boys. It was horrible.

    Now worst meal in terms if healthy eating, I dunno... Maybe poptarts for three meals in the day bc they wouldn't let me leave a jet I was working on... Or an MRE. Those are laden with dead cAlories
    Pop tarts aren't so bad, endless your a diabetic lol

  32. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J

    Don't judge me for what I'm about to say. I had this client one time that he requested cooked pigs blood, it was really good. I think he did it to test me. We both sat down ate it laughter broke out after, I asked wtf was you thinking.
    Yes!!

    I eat it all the time. My wife is Taiwanese. We eat it in things like hot pot, shabu shabu, or grilled when doing BBQ (Asian style).

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  33. Hot pot.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post

    Yes!!

    I eat it all the time. My wife is Taiwanese. We eat it in things like hot pot, shabu shabu, or grilled when doing BBQ (Asian style).

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    My wife is Filipina but she doesn't like all the weird foods they eat. I want to try balut (partially incubated chicken eggs)... Wonder what the protein content is?
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Drizzie88 View Post

    My wife is Filipina but she doesn't like all the weird foods they eat. I want to try balut (partially incubated chicken eggs)... Wonder what the protein content is?
    Are They are like an amberish egg? They take them out the chicken after they kill them before they lay the egg? I'm I current, if so my mom loves them I have eaten it a few times. It's mostly cholesterol

  36. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post

    Are They are like an amberish egg? They take them out the chicken after they kill them before they lay the egg? I'm I current, if so my mom loves them I have eaten it a few times. It's mostly cholesterol
    Not sure how they get them but yeah that sounds about right.
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Drizzie88 View Post
    My wife is Filipina but she doesn't like all the weird foods they eat. I want to try balut (partially incubated chicken eggs)... Wonder what the protein content is?

    I dunno man. I'll try just bout anything once, but I'm iffy on trying balut. I guess it would all have to depend on my mood, who I happen to be with, and how drunk I am. Good thing I haven't been afforded the opportunity yet.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  38. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    Are They are like an amberish egg? They take them out the chicken after they kill them before they lay the egg? I'm I current, if so my mom loves them I have eaten it a few times. It's mostly cholesterol

    A pic of Balut...

    Name:  balut3.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  25.6 KB
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  39. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    A pic of Balut...

    Name:  balut3.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  25.6 KB
    Delish!.....
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 02:24 AM
  2. What's the last thing you ate??
    By SouthernCharm in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1080
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 10:42 AM
  3. What are the top foods you shove in your face each day?
    By Thompson in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 11:21 PM
  4. What is the worst side you've gotten from AAS?
    By nosnmiveins in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 10:09 AM
  5. What other boards are you a member of?
    By Chemo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Log in
Log in