- 12-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Hey all, Been slacking on training lately due to injuries and diet has gone to hell. Weigh roughly 225lb at 5'10" and see a little bit of chub now hiding the muscle.
I am going to be very active training now so as for diet: planning to eat between 2,000-2,500 calories a day.
Question is distribution of macros. Was thinking about doing 40-40-20 of carb, protein, fat. Is this a good breakdown for general diet?
Also my goal is to get down to 195-205lb while retaining as much strength as possible
- 12-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Maybe bump the cals up a bit but the traditional 40-40-20 split is a solid starting point. After about 3-4 weeks you can re-evaluate your progress while taking notes on how you feel/look at certain times. Tweak where you think you may need it. It's a tried & true methodSerious Nutrition Solutions Representative
- 12-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Im a big believer in lots of healthu fats.. I like to do 25-30% fat..but 40/40/20 is a good place to start no doubt
12-26-2012, 06:59 PM
12-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks everyone, I upped my calories to roughly 3000 as I was feeling a little lethargic. Feel much better now. Shifted percentages to about 40-30-30, the increased fat actually made muscles possibly feel harder. Idk if this is normal or just me being optimistic haha
Similar Forum Threads
- By LAVIE in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 06-03-2008, 03:34 PM
- By klugman in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 04-21-2008, 10:47 PM
- By virtex in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
- By undecipherable in forum BulkingReplies: 12Last Post: 05-03-2006, 05:23 PM
- By Sparty2QP in forum Weight LossReplies: 17Last Post: 03-13-2004, 02:42 PM