how much fat on carb up day?

  1. New Member
    kp2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    59.99%

    how much fat on carb up day?


    hey guys, looking to do a quick cut from next week, so dropping my cals down to 2100.
    my split is guna be 240P/70C/95F but im not sure how many grams of fat i should have on this day? i was thinking a split of 180P/300C/20F but not sure if it'd work? what's your take on this?
    thanks

  2. New Member
    jerrysiii's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    19861
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    22.86%

    Your plan looks reasonable, but you should consider going a little higher on the refeed (maybe 400gm). Adjust the refeed carbs based on how you look and feel the next morning. Your muscles should be full and tight without any bloating.
  3. New Member
    kp2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    59.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysiii View Post
    Your plan looks reasonable, but you should consider going a little higher on the refeed (maybe 400gm). Adjust the refeed carbs based on how you look and feel the next morning. Your muscles should be full and tight without any bloating.
    alright man thanks, so in terms of over all calories, does that mean i would stay at 2100 on refeed day? or up it to a 180P/400C/20F=2500cal day?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    jerrysiii's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    19861
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    22.86%

    Quote Originally Posted by kp2012

    alright man thanks, so in terms of over all calories, does that mean i would stay at 2100 on refeed day? or up it to a 180P/400C/20F=2500cal day?
    I'd increase calories and carbs on the refeed. Do an honest evaluation the next morning. If your muscles are full and tight and you don't feel bloated, you hit it just right. Keep going a little higher each week until you slightly "spill". Then cut back just a little and you'll have a perfect refeed.
  5. New Member
    WPChickDiesel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    44498
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    57.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by kp2012 View Post
    hey guys, looking to do a quick cut from next week, so dropping my cals down to 2100.
    my split is guna be 240P/70C/95F but im not sure how many grams of fat i should have on this day? i was thinking a split of 180P/300C/20F but not sure if it'd work? what's your take on this?
    thanks
    Thats about right. On your carb up days its best tp keep fats as low as possible

    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  6. New Member
    kp2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    59.99%

    thank you
  7. New Member
    kp2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    59.99%

    sweet, so basically i'm working with 15 days, (day 15 is december 26th) so i need to be my leanest on the 27th, so how should i go about carbing up before the 27th? 1 day or 2 days out?
  8. New Member
    jerrysiii's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    19861
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    22.86%

    Quote Originally Posted by kp2012
    sweet, so basically i'm working with 15 days, (day 15 is december 26th) so i need to be my leanest on the 27th, so how should i go about carbing up before the 27th? 1 day or 2 days out?
    I'd do a small refeed on day 7 (around 250gm carbs) and a full carb up on day 15. If you're strength training with high volume and doing cardio a few days per week, you will be depleted within 7 days.
  9. New Member
    kp2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    59.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysiii View Post
    I'd do a small refeed on day 7 (around 250gm carbs) and a full carb up on day 15. If you're strength training with high volume and doing cardio a few days per week, you will be depleted within 7 days.

    thanks man, so should i look at a 250c/240p/80f split on day 7? then a 500c/240p/20f day on day 15?
  10. Professional Member
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Power
    294028
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kp2012 View Post

    thanks man, so should i look at a 250c/240p/80f split on day 7? then a 500c/240p/20f day on day 15?
    Id honestly run with your original plan, and only add more carbs if you absolutely need to. Weight training doesn't deplete glycogen to the rate everyone thinks, and if you're eating roughly 70g on a daily basis I see no reason to refeed with more than 300g.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  11. New Member
    kp2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    59.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    Id honestly run with your original plan, and only add more carbs if you absolutely need to. Weight training doesn't deplete glycogen to the rate everyone thinks, and if you're eating roughly 70g on a daily basis I see no reason to refeed with more than 300g.
    thanks man, so you think just stick with one carb up day? or should i have two? and when?
  12. Professional Member
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Power
    294028
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kp2012 View Post

    thanks man, so you think just stick with one carb up day? or should i have two? and when?
    It depends. I like to carb up every 4th day, and as fat loss slows ill slowly increase the low carb days until I'm doing one refeed per week.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  13. New Member
    kp2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    59.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    It depends. I like to carb up every 4th day, and as fat loss slows ill slowly increase the low carb days until I'm doing one refeed per week.
    Alright well my deadline date is December 27th so is it best to carb up sometime next week or just do two carb up days on the 25th and 26th?
  14. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,800
    Rep Power
    2277182
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    83.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I try and keep mine low bit don't track it. Unless you're carbing up for a show. There's no need to be anal about it, IMO. You're still functioning on fats so you still need some.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  15. New Member
    kp2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    59.99%

    thanks man

    also, I have 11 days until the day i go away on vacation, the 27th of december.
    How do i work the 7 days out from vacation from the 20th? currently i'm doing 60c/240p/95f and will be doing a semi carb up on the 18th of 250c/200p/36f
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. keto question on carb-up day
    By chize in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 11:41 PM
  2. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 05:47 PM
  3. How much fat did you guys lose while on CLEN?
    By Changing in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 06:39 PM
  4. what and how much should i stock up on??
    By cpd32 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 11:45 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in