diet on holiday

1. Registered User

diet on holiday

how many of you still eat clean when going on holiday or trips to visit family in a diffrent city do you find it easy or hard ?

2. Registered User

It depends. For example, this Thanksgiving, I ate whatever. 1 bad day of eating isn't going to do that much damage when you are in off season mode like I am. On longer vacations, I usually pick and chose days or meals that I'll allow myself to cheat on. I don't make a whole a free for all, that's just asking for trouble. We usually get a room with at least a fridge, but more typically my family gets a room with a half or full kitchen and I take a cooler with food with me everywhere we go.

I've actually prepped while on vacation before and it's not that bad. Sure I missed having a night or 2 to enjoy some beer/wine and food, but quite frankly iut was oen of my all time favorite vacations.
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  3. Registered User

i always take food with me but its hard as im on holiday so the brain always says have something bad but then i fight it and eat clean
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead249 View Post
    how many of you still eat clean when going on holiday or trips to visit family in a diffrent city do you find it easy or hard ?

how long is the holiday??? wouldnt sweat it... eat what you want if its only a week... be a good change up for what your brain is expecting..
  5. Registered User

im away for a week at moment im eating clean but tempted to eat something nice
  6. Registered User

does anyone get tempted then
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Unless im in contest prep.. if i am going away for a day or two for whatever, i try to live my life like a normal, non bodybuilder fitness person. I eat what i want, when I want and just enjoy myself those few rare days a year.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench
    Unless im in contest prep.. if i am going away for a day or two for whatever, i try to live my life like a normal, non bodybuilder fitness person. I eat what i want, when I want and just enjoy myself those few rare days a year.
    Agree...IMO if you aren't in contest prep or even step on stage, then don't make yourself go insane on cheat meals, I wouldn't sweat the holidays only happens a few times a year...don't get me wrong nutrition is important if your a serious lifter, just gotta live life every now and then
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Im not even a b/b but seldom give in to free meals.With the plan im on(diet/workouts)and possibly overtrained yet again,i actually need a break from the way i've been working out/eating to finally(i pray)to recover.

Main time i give in is on x-mas with a few cookies/candy but mainly stick to more pro/fat based foods to feed on.
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blaykeryan View Post
    Agree...IMO if you aren't in contest prep or even step on stage, then don't make yourself go insane on cheat meals, I wouldn't sweat the holidays only happens a few times a year...don't get me wrong nutrition is important if your a serious lifter, just gotta live life every now and then
    One must be careful though to not let those 2 days turn into 4, then 7, then 2 weeks. Which is easy for the "normal/non bodybuilder/fitness" person. Structure is importatn to some people. Others can get away with just eating "whatever" for a few days then jumping back aboard. I tend to agree, but I still always pack food with me.
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.

I know what you mean..I was just talking about holidays man...other than holidays my diet is on point...I wasn't implying diet isn't as important if you aren't in contest prep
  12. Registered User

I think a few bad things are ok its when its everyday for weeks then the gains go fast
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead249
    I think a few bad things are ok its when its everyday for weeks then the gains go fast
    Yep agreed
  14. Registered User

i managed to stay clean diet anyway so im happy
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

I dirty my diet all the time with no hinder to gains, the holiday re-feeds were a blessing.
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Diet on training days VS non training days..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 06:01 PM
  2. Soooo anyone else f^ck up their diet on the 4th of july?
    By AldrichAStern in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
  3. diet on clen?
    By wildcat24 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 12:37 AM
  4. The Effects of Diet On Testosterone Parts 1 & 2
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 11:19 PM
  5. diet on cycle