1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.58%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

Not Growing

New to the site, please help. I have been on a physically looking plateau for about 9 months, my diet is strong and I have a lot of motivation I the gym, I'm taking good sups (whey, multi, creatine, casein) but I just don't seem to be getting any bigger, I'm 6'2 188lbs and about 11% body fat, but I'd like to be about 210lbs. Before 3 weeks ago I had been drinking heavily about twice a week and recently have stopped, could that have been the problem??

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Yes that definitely is a problem. Quit drinking!
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

thepart where you mentioned heavy drinking leads me to think your diet isnt as strong as you think. its pretty common for people to think theyre eating 4k calories. but in reality, they arnt. have you used a scale for foods? do you measure your drinks in ounces or just call a random cup a cup?

and hows your training?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.58%

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper View Post
    thepart where you mentioned heavy drinking leads me to think your diet isnt as strong as you think. its pretty common for people to think theyre eating 4k calories. but in reality, they arnt. have you used a scale for foods? do you measure your drinks in ounces or just call a random cup a cup?

and hows your training?
    Well I guess I should have said my diet outside of the drinking is strong, I have not used a scale, nor do I record what I eat, which I should probably do. What i guess im taking away from your comment is I should record everything I eat and make adjustments... Your probably right, I know im not getting 4k calories. Well, looks like I got something new to work on!

Training is a 4 day split= mon chest/abs, tues back/bis, weds off, thurs shoulders/tris, fri legs/abs. Focus on compound lifts primarily and finish off with isolation exercises
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by smitty_time

Well I guess I should have said my diet outside of the drinking is strong, I have not used a scale, nor do I record what I eat, which I should probably do. What i guess im taking away from your comment is I should record everything I eat and make adjustments... Your probably right, I know im not getting 4k calories. Well, looks like I got something new to work on!

Training is a 4 day split= mon chest/abs, tues back/bis, weds off, thurs shoulders/tris, fri legs/abs. Focus on compound lifts primarily and finish off with isolation exercises
    yea at least get into the habit of recording your food and cals for a few weeks. evetually, youll learn to count it in your head and itll become second nature. if you have a smart phone, just download netdiary or soemthing to count it for you. they even have scanners so you just put in the serving size.

and you might wanna look into a proven routine. a good beginners one for size and strength is 5x5. or do 5/3/1 if you enjoy 4 days a week instead of 3
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.2%

Write down EVERYTHING you eat for 7 days and repost in this thread with the results..somebody on this board said it and it couldn't be said better.."write down everything you eat, you'll be suprised how many calories you DON'T eat."
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.54%

You want to make sure you get in a good amount of recovery as you grow outside of the gym.
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon
    Write down EVERYTHING you eat for 7 days and repost in this thread with the results..somebody on this board said it and it couldn't be said better.."write down everything you eat, you'll be suprised how many calories you DON'T eat."
    Yessir
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.86%

You should be able to easily post your diet right here in these pages. It doesn't have to be the SAME exact thing every single day (although that makes it easier), but you should be able to guesstimate what your portions are. Ifyou cannot, you need to start weighing things. I don't down what I eat very often, but I do weigh/measure everything. I occassionally have a few tasty beverages as well (not weekly, let alone bi-weekly though). Drinkign heavily twice/week is going to hinder fat metabolism as well as increase estrogen in the body. BOTH BAD THINGS. When alcohol is present your body stops a lot of process, most notibly fat metabolization. The liver rids the body of toxins, metabolizes fat, and oxidizes alcohol. When alcohol is present, it stops everything but oxidating alcohol into water. Which means more fat being stored as fat and not being used for recovery (that is if it's healthy fat) or other metabolic processes.

List your diet here. Sounds to me like you may benefit in hiring a good trainer. There are plenty of good trainers/coaches out there that will help you out right online.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.94%

calories... need more calories

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest will not grow!!!
    By mattymatt83 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 12:25 AM
  2. Legs not growing
    By theROOTS420 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 12:42 AM
  3. Chest: just not growing
    By TruffleShuffle in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 07:25 PM
  4. Not being able to grow facial hair...
    By pdigs in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 04:06 PM
  5. Chest will not grow!
    By Got2bbig in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 03:07 AM