Veggie replacement? - AnabolicMinds.com

Veggie replacement?

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Veggie replacement?

Hey bros I've been dieting and eating healthy and I'm at the point where I can't even look at a veggie, salad is about the only thing I can stand lol. I use veggies as fillers mostly and fiber too I also know the health benefits from them. Is there anything I can take supp wise to still get benefits of veggies sobi can have a break from them? I use fiber powder what else? Please help

PURUS SlinShot by Bean5er
    Independent

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Tough it out ;] Try fried green beans in garlic.. plain veggies get old fast.

You can put spinach in shakes, and most veggies are undetectable in sauces if you cook them down.
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112
    Tough it out ;] Try fried green beans in garlic.. plain veggies get old fast.

You can put spinach in shakes, and most veggies are undetectable in sauces if you cook them down.
    Haha all good ideas and I've done every one except the shake idea. I've been doing this for a couple years now and today I took a bite of my cooked veggies in my fav hot sauce and almost puked lol. Thanks though i might try and go back to raw veggies for a while. How long are cooked veggies good for btw. My wife usually cooks up a huge pan of like asparagus, beans, broccoli etc and put em in the fridge for a few days.

Independent
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er

Haha all good ideas and I've done every one except the shake idea. I've been doing this for a couple years now and today I took a bite of my cooked veggies in my fav hot sauce and almost puked lol. Thanks though i might try and go back to raw veggies for a while. How long are cooked veggies good for btw. My wife usually cooks up a huge pan of like asparagus, beans, broccoli etc and put em in the fridge for a few days.

I'd say a few days. I usually eat or throw out leftovers by the 3rd day.

Big Oven is a good app.. has 250,000+ recipes with photos and reviews.
  5. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Damn sux man...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Hey bros I've been dieting and eating healthy and I'm at the point where I can't even look at a veggie, salad is about the only thing I can stand lol. I use veggies as fillers mostly and fiber too I also know the health benefits from them. Is there anything I can take supp wise to still get benefits of veggies sobi can have a break from them? I use fiber powder what else? Please help

Add a Multivitamin and you're good.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

I take a multi everyday thanks

Independent
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

I take a multi everyday thanks

Multivitamins do not replace whole food nutrition.. in my opinion. It just fills in the gaps.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112

Multivitamins do not replace whole food nutrition.. in my opinion. It just fills in the gaps.
    Agree but my coach also say we strictly use veggies as fillers to help keep me feeling full. They also aid in the digestion of the meat/protein so I know the importance I just thought I read somewhere of a veggie replacement supp somewhere.

MLS thanks for the web link for recipes :-)

Independent
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.

I don't think you can replace any real food with supplements. A good way to consume a lot of vegetable nutrients is to juice them. You won't get as much fiber but it's a lot easier to drink a big bunch of veggies than chew them. And maby then supplement with psyllium fiber.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit
    I don't think you can replace any real food with supplements. A good way to consume a lot of vegetable nutrients is to juice them. You won't get as much fiber but it's a lot easier to drink a big bunch of veggies than chew them. And maby then supplement with psyllium fiber.
    Thanks good idea. I use psyllium now

Independent
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.

Another way to eat them in liquid is to make a vegetable stock. The nutrients (the ones that aren't destroyed in the cooking process) go into the liquid and it's a good base for a soup with meat and vegetables.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

CL oxigreens, SAN green supreme fusion
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

How about barley grass?

I would just change what vegtables you are eating.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic
    How about barley grass?

I would just change what vegtables you are eating.
    I eat everything lol sick of it all.

sent from my electronic device!
    Independent
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    CL oxigreens, SAN green supreme fusion
    Thanks, but explain to me why on the label of green supreme it says, "this products contains ingredients that the state of California deems leads to cancer " or something to that effect? Lol

Has anyone used either of these?

Independent
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

I eat everything lol sick of it all.

try putting broccoli and carrots (or whatever you like) in a glass baking dish in some chicken broth.. and sprinkle it with garlic salt :] oven for about 30 mins @ 400.

Sent from [insert something witty here].
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    Definitely this.

Just juice up some spinach, broccoli etc hold your nose and get it down haha. Add some water and some fats (like oil to aid in absorption) and you're golden.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Definitely this.

Just juice up some spinach, broccoli etc hold your nose and get it down haha. Add some water and some fats (like oil to aid in absorption) and you're golden.

Tried this today for the 1st time and it was actually pretty good....

Van protein, splenda, oats, and frozen asparagus blended with a few ice cubes. The shake turned out thick and tasty!!
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Thanks, but explain to me why on the label of green supreme it says, "this products contains ingredients that the state of California deems leads to cancer " or something to that effect? Lol

Has anyone used either of these?

Hvac gave good recommendations bro that and gold feast. CL Gold feast may be right up your alley. The label is required to say that to sell in California NBD.

Everyone always says whole food whole food blah blah blah. Yes, whole food is the way to go but if you're not getting enough which 70% (prob higher) of the people on this forum are not then there is nothing wrong with supplementing.

There are also just straight up fruit and vegetable pills you can get.

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez

Hvac gave good recommendations bro that and gold feast. CL Gold feast may be right up your alley. The label is required to say that to sell in California NBD.

Everyone always says whole food whole food blah blah blah. Yes, whole food is the way to go but if you're not getting enough which 70% (prob higher) of the people on this forum are not then there is nothing wrong with supplementing.

There are also just straight up fruit and vegetable pills you can get.

- Valdez
    Atleast someone has the right idea. I also use mona vie mrp's
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Atleast someone has the right idea. I also use mona vie mrp's
    Yeah...I guess he did ask about veggie REPLACEMENTS..... oops
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Thank you all very much, I understand the importance of whole foods plz don't mistake me. I just want options because every now and then I need a break from 4-6 cups a day of veggies. Trying to take break as I will be starting contest prep at the end of jan where ill need those veggies to keep me full. Just don't want to burn myself out b4 the real dieting begins.

Thanks again

Independent
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thank you all very much, I understand the importance of whole foods plz don't mistake me. I just want options because every now and then I need a break from 4-6 cups a day of veggies. Trying to take break as I will be starting contest prep at the end of jan where ill need those veggies to keep me full. Just don't want to burn myself out b4 the real dieting begins.

Thanks again

Yeah, thats why I like blending them up. Get sick of eating them sometimes.

Didn't know you could buy vege pills haha, never seen them in shops before
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.

I also drink smoothies with leafy greens. Good way to eat a lot of them without the tedious chewing
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.

[QUOTE="bean5er;3718531"]Hey bros I've been dieting and eating healthy and I'm at the point where I can't even look at a veggie, salad is about the only thing I can stand lol. I use veggies as fillers mostly and fiber too I also know the health benefits from them. Is there anything I can take supp wise to still get benefits of veggies sobi can have a break from them? I use fiber powder what else? Please help

I like to use Green Vibrance both on and off season for its nutritious green food and trace mineral profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. pro-sust replacement
    By primal1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 08:03 PM
  2. Gene Injections to replace steroids w/ athletes?
    By GIJoe in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 12:27 PM
  3. Co-Q10 replacement for R-ALA
    By Jergo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 01:59 PM
  4. Test replacement
    By Jeff in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 06:35 PM
  5. Homebrew Meal Replacement Shake